Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Hendo back in but i am not liking Watson being dropped after a tough game last week. The only thing i can think of is maybe we have gone for more speed with White replacing Watson but Matty is not real slow and has a beautiful kick on him which we need on the open spaces at the MCG.

Glad to see the Bombers have dropped Davey and brought in Prismall as Davey usually has a night out against us with all their other speedsters. Prismall i don't see as a problem and Davey has more X factor about him so good to see him out.

Hille listed as emg for the bombers... Do you think he'll play?

This is where the mind games start and saint Hird has learnt well from Sheeds. Cant see them playing 3 talls as their pace will be hit but anything could happen.

Smash em Blues. :D

Hille listed as emg for the bombers... Do you think he'll play?

Possible but unlikely. I think Essendon realise they cannot play Hille, Bellchambers and Ryder in the same team. It will be the same for us I cannot see Warnock, Hampson and Kruezer all in the same team.

Our defence can be potentially exposed against a decent attack, both Hurley and Ryder can cause some problems, as White is not a key position player, would have thought Watson should have been given another opportunity given he is a long term prospect, and White is very much a borderline player at this level.

If the Dons do go with 3 talls against us you can rest assured one of Hille or Ryder will be up forward creating a hard match up for us especially more so with Watson out.

Interesting selection, given that Essendon have Ryder, Hurley and Crameri up forward. Must be thinking of doing the following:

Jamo on Ryder
White on Hurley

Laidler on Crameri

Bower must be very close, given I thought he got through the game last week ok.

Not liking those match up's HBF!

Jamo i don't think will beat Ryder in the air 1 on 1 and needs help with other defenders giving him a chop out and Hurley i think will be to good for White.

Not happy Bower is not in as he was my ideal match up for Hurley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bombers' forward line looks pretty tall and slow...we should be able to hurt them on the rebound, but as always, the midfield needs to push back hard and help out the backs.

Their side still looks rubbish on paper, if we quieten them early on we should be able to power away. Easier said than done though...

What would their defensive match ups be?

Fletcher > Henderson?
Hooker > Waite
Dempsey > Garlett

Who else?

Call me crazy, but I thought Watson was actually quite good last week? Surprised he's not playing.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised for Henderson to spend some time back if height is needed.

As much as we admire the leadership Carrazzo brings to our on-field team, he wouldn't want to have a bad game this week again.

Not really sure what White offers that Watson doesn't, besides maybe 10 games of experience. Regardless, White didn't do anything wrong, was just unfairly played out of position. With Jamo back, he should excel. Obviously Emu isn't right

What irritates me is that Carrazzo is undroppable. Accepting Mediocracy because of experience. That's early 2000's Carlton. Don't get me wrong, Carrazzo is a very important player, but a statement was probably needed, for us to show we are a serious threat

Henderson is a really important in, everyone knows that.

Regardless, we have a serious strong side on the team list, Essendon have a strong side on the team list. Extremely evenly matched up, so should be a quality game. (Also glad that Davey & Hill (and lovett:p) aren't playing, because they usually smash us as individuals.

Shame about TBird as he has tried hard so far but Hendo = future
speaking of future best way to develop white into a great back is to play him
he will be great-give him time

our emerg look awesome and lets hope they get a look in if the weather is not flash or if late inj occur
Army Sugar Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back