Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Not liking those match up's HBF!

Jamo i don't think will beat Ryder in the air 1 on 1 and needs help with other defenders giving him a chop out and Hurley i think will be to good for White.

Not happy Bower is not in as he was my ideal match up for Hurley.

I'm not sure we have a great matchup for any of their forwards, although, having said that, i'm not sure Essendon have a great matchup for our defenders either.

How would you structure up down back?

Carazzo to be the sub.

Bring him on fresh when the oppo are tiring and he can ball hunt for a quarter and a bit ala Gaff for WCE. He might get a bit more space and time to deliver better.

I think the sub needs to have a point of difference about him to influence the game. Either a quick line breaker or a fresh ball magnet.

That is his last hope.

I'm not sure we have a great matchup for any of their forwards, although, having said that, i'm not sure Essendon have a great matchup for our defenders either.

How would you structure up down back?

Gee it is tough i know!!

Hurley i would match up with Jamo as he has a stronger body and stamina to keep up with him all game.

Ryder is the hard one and i see Waite the best fit currently. Has the aerial power to go with him and wont be a drama not being forward as Hendo is back in and both may rotate.

White i would give Crameri and be happy with it.

How about Eddie? He's been struggling ever since almost mid last year. How would he go as a sub? Think it's a great idea to be able to bring him on when everyone else is starting to slow up a bit. Something to think about.

Not a fan of dropping Watto. Their forward line isn't as imposing as Dawes/Cloke and this would of been a good game for him further his craft down back. Content with the Hendo one.

Shame about TBird as he has tried hard so far but Hendo = future
speaking of future best way to develop white into a great back is to play him
he will be great-give him time

our emerg look awesome and lets hope they get a look in if the weather is not flash or if late inj occur
Army Sugar Ellard

I prefer Thornton CHF right now only for the fact he's in form and Henderson may still be underdone. Thornton may actually play the role better for time being for that reason. Henderson is the future but in necessarily as close as 2 days time against Essendon. I don't mind Henderson coming in, don't get me wrong there but to play the other KPF, allowing Waite to go back, role or KPD. Not to come in to replace a bloke in form. He hasn't been around long enough just to come in and do that. Could almost use him playing FF then "relieving" ruck when Warnock rest forward (hence replacing Hampson) .

Does anyone think Hendo may start down back to give us some more aerial power to combat their talls??

Maybe or Waite, but with Thornton out, I doubt it...we do have flexibility which is good. Surprised Hille isn;t in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conservative as expected !!
Drop the kid (Watson) for White , WHY ???? White is very limited , he is not the future !!
Continue to pick Carrazzo , whats it going to take for him to be dropped ????
Lucas and Armfield offer so much more than Carrazzo !!

Could not agree more with this. All signs point to White getting either Hurley or Ryder, and he WILL get murdered either way. The fact that Waite hasnt been played back at all this year leads me to think they don't want to break down this structure. Oh god, I think they are going to kill us with pace now. Really needed Armfield in to take your Monfries/Zaharakis type.

Carazzo is poor defensively and offensively. It's not enough just to shut down your man anymore, you have to be a profficient attack and user of the ball. Carazzo is not!! FFS match committee make a %^$ing statement and drop this hack!!

Who are we going to play on Ryder when he drops forward??!! There is no height in that backline!!

Actually the more i think about it Waite will be a must down back for us with Hendo up forward. :thumbsu:

Just please don't do anything stupid Jarrod you are to important to the team.

Maybe, but Thornton does play very pro-Thornton when in the forward line.
Hendo brings others into the game when on song.
Let's just hope he's on song, on Saturday.

Dare i say it, Hendo is more important than Thornton, both on and off song.
Henderson demands attention regardless of his form (due to size and potential), meaning that guys like Dempsey and Hardingham will be more focused on cutting off Henderson than they will be zoning off.

I am liking the team personally. I wonder if Watson out has something to do with his fitness levels. Remember he is still VERY young, just played in a very high intensity game against the Pies, and it isn't uncommon for 1st yr players to need a rest after a couple of games (Twitch comes to mind, he seemed to be played in short stints in 2009)

I would have liked to see Lucas come in (and I am still hoping he is a late inclusion for Carazzo, esp if they plan on playing him in our backline). Bower not coming in is a disappointment, but I would rather he had the time he needs to recover fully than coming in 80/90% fit.

Oh and Hille not coming in is a BIG bonus for us, he looked to be in great forn in rd 1.

Maybe, but Thornton does play very pro-Thornton when in the forward line.
Hendo brings others into the game when on song.
Let's just hope he's on song, on Saturday.
Just don't like replacing blokes playing well, especially with a bloke who may still be recovering fitness. Of course i hope i'm wrong. I can handle that type of "mistake"...lol! I'm happy to play both Hendo and Thornton as it suddenly provides way more flexibility. Waite and be moved about more or even Hendo if height is needed in defence. That's what I liked about Thornton up forward.

Conservative as expected !!
Drop the kid (Watson) for White , WHY ???? White is very limited , he is not the future !!
Continue to pick Carrazzo , whats it going to take for him to be dropped ????
Lucas and Armfield offer so much more than Carrazzo !!

Yep i agree. :thumbsu:

Great to see Hendo back. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back