Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Just have to make sure we don't lose to much speed in order to get our tall structure right again. Bombers are the fastest team in the comp and usually do us on that basis. Having said that, we don't want to beat them at their own game, we want our game to be too good for their faster legs.

Hoping for lots of changes. Not because we were particularly bad (in the end, Collingwood are an outstanding side) but because there are some guys who are too good to not be in the side

Ins: Henderson, Bower, Armfield, Lucas, Setanta
Out: Carrazzo (awful last night) Thornton (Essendon are quick), Collins (feel sorry for him starting as a sub), Hampson (Setanta offers more), Duigan (probably needs just one week in the two's, also to make way for Emu.)

It will never happen, but those guys (well at least the first four) are in the best 22, and Setanta just offers more than Hampson. If we have someone warming Kruzers spot, make it someone who can mark & kick. Remember, Setanta's first half of the season last year was outstanding.

Really-Really.jpg

Starchamber that you???

To the others that are calling for Betts to be dropped....get a clue.

For mine.

In: Bower,Henderson
Out: Thornton, ????

Would like to drop Hampson, but we need 2 rucks in against Essendon....so he stays for now.

B: Thornton------Bower-------Laidler

HB: Russell-------Jamison------Yarran

C: Scotland------Gibbs--------Lucas

HF: Walker-------Waite-------Simpson

F: Garlett------Henderson-----Betts

RR: Warnock------Judd--------Murphy

Bench: Hampson, McLean, Robinson, Sub: White

I'd like Watson to be given another run, dropping him now can't be good for his confidence, we have to persist.

Also need Armfield, needed him on Friday night too would have been a good match up on Blair.

Yes, to multiple feral supporters. Got a bit too excited, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The horrible picture is just a week, the signature unfortunately is 3 months. I'm also apparently supposed to tell you that Dale Thomas is the best player in the league, but I wouldn't want to risk the infraction.

The life of a Bay 13 renegade was never gonna be an easy one, I knew what I signed up for!

The horrible picture is just a week, the signature unfortunately is 3 months. I'm also apparently supposed to tell you that Dale Thomas is the best player in the league, but I wouldn't want to risk the infraction.
I think there is a lesson in this for all of us

This is how I think we will end up going.

B: Duigan Jamison Russell
HB: Bower Watson Yarran
C: Murphy Judd Gibbs
HF: Garlett Henderson Simpson
F: Betts Waite Walker
OB: Warnock Curnow Robinson
IC: Casboult Carrazzo Scotland Ellard

OUT: Hampson Thornton Laidler Collins
IN: Casboult Ellard Henderson Bower

Hampson out for Casboult to give us a better forward target.

Thornton out for Henderson, no brainer.

Laidler unlucky but out for Bower, Bower is just better and ahead of him.

Collins out for Ellard. We need an extra genuine onballer so we don't have to put up with Gibbs and Murphy's poor performances in there.

This is how I think we will end up going.

B: Duigan Jamison Russell
HB: Bower Watson Yarran
C: Murphy Judd Gibbs
HF: Garlett Henderson Simpson
F: Betts Waite Walker
OB: Warnock Curnow Robinson
IC: Casboult Carrazzo Scotland Ellard

OUT: Hampson Thornton Laidler Collins
IN: Casboult Ellard Henderson Bower

Hampson out for Casboult to give us a better forward target.

Thornton out for Henderson, no brainer.

Laidler unlucky but out for Bower, Bower is just better and ahead of him.

Collins out for Ellard. We need an extra genuine onballer so we don't have to put up with Gibbs and Murphy's poor performances in there.
This board is hilarious. :eek:

LOL Casboult...Geez I hate BF after a loss.

Hammer will love having Hendo in the side.

Umm, I know what you mean.
After dissecting Friday's game I now see many more positives than negatives.

We're not too far away from getting a few more games into the mature-aged boys and finding the balance our team will work best from.
Sadly Casboult does not fit into that mix..................... for now, at least.

This board is hilarious. :eek:

So far we have Betts, Carrots, Hammer, Duigan, Laidler, Watson, Thornton, Walker and Collins out next week, and JR, Murph and Gibbs on notice. (Surprisingly, no-one is suggesting that Ratts was completely out-coached :confused:)

All this from a game we lost for all of 5 minutes against the best side currently going around.

Yep, we have some real quality posters on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back