Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

So far we have Betts, Carrots, Hammer, Duigan, Laidler, Watson, Thornton, Walker out next week, and JR, Murph and Gibbs on notice.

Yeah, sounds about right..

Key positions defeciencies stood out to some degree on Friday, but that alone shouldn't be the platform we gear up for the next match.

What we did see on Friday was an attitude to take the Pies on, and O.K. no win came along with that, but we can't bemoan the attitude.

I'd sooner we played to our game than to follow the leader and from what I saw on Friday, irrespective of some ordinary performances, we aren't too far away.

Yeah, sounds about right..

Key positions defeciencies stood out to some degree on Friday, but that alone shouldn't be the platform we gear up for the next match.

What we did see on Friday was an attitude to take the Pies on, and O.K. no win came along with that, but we can't bemoan the attitude.

I'd sooner we played to our game than to follow the leader and from what I saw on Friday, irrespective of some ordinary performances, we aren't too far away.

I loved our game on Friday. .. Carrots is the only one I have to question but wont be upset if he stays in. .. We need to bring Hendo and Bower in, so two have to miss out. .. Ellard needs recognition with selection and Army is a possibility. .. Four changes sounds like too many to me but I can see an obvious 2 and a chance for a 3rd. ..

Army surely needs to come in to shut out one of the Bombers' small/medium forwards.

Jamison - Hurley
Bower - Ryder (or vice versa with Jamison, good match up regardless)
Russell - Monfrees
Laidler/Watson - Crameri
Laidler/Yarran - Zaharakis
Yarran/Duigan/Army - Jetta/Melksham
&
Curnow vs. Watson

The Aints are just that bad Warsaw, don't worry ;)

Dons are an improved side, but we are too :thumbsu:

The St Kilda ruck division is making Bellchambers look like a star :eek:
Who do Essendon have to match up on Waite, Henderson, Hampson and Walker?

Not to mention Sir Jeffrey Garlett

Yeah just 2 changes for mine Hendo and Bower are in our best 22 and should be fit enough now. Not sure who gets dropped, maybe Collins, bit harsh, he didnt get much match time to show he is worthy and perhaps Thornton (although he was far from our worst and is doing ok) and perhaps make Hammer the emergency if Hille is not named. Would give Rusty more midfield time, keep Watson in the team but overall I think we need to get Bower and Hendo into the line up.

We should be happy the Bombers are up and about spanking the Saints. Will make them complacent like they were against Sydney.

They are playing very free flowing. If we can beat them for contested disposals in the middle we should murder them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon are looking the goods, I still reckon us at our best is better though. Downside is, if we don't play at our absolute best we'll get demolished.

IN: Henderson, Bower, Ellard
OUT: Duigan, Laidler, Colins

B: Jordan Russell , Michael Jamison , Chris Yarran
HB: Paul Bower, , Matthew Watson, David Ellard
C: Ed Curnow, Kade Simpson, Bryce Gibbs,
Foll: Chris Judd , Robert Warnock , Mark Murphy
HF: Mitch Robinson, Shaun Hampson , Andrew Walker
F: Jeff Garlett, Lachie Henderson , Eddie Betts

I/C: Heath Scotland, Jarred Waite, Brett Thornton Sub: Andrew Carrazzo

I Think Carrazzo as a sub for his versatility, he can play forward, mid or back. or maybe Walker.

Robinson to play defensive forward on Fletcher again, worked well for us last time.
and Curnow / Ellard on Jobe Watson.

Reckon if both teams bring their best footy it'll be a beauty.

Why Purdue?
Wish I lived in Melbourne, the hype would be insane. Hopefully you guys suffer from 'blockbuster fatigue' this week.:p

Well I just looked at the colleges that were exchange partners with my uni (Adelaide Uni) and Purdue was the best sporting college. Havent given me much success though.:( Hoping to study there but grades aren't looking good atm. Do you follow any colleges?

The bummers are looking good, but one thing that stands out is the Saints lack of speed, we beat the Saints last season because of our speed.

We need to find spots for Army & Ellard next week, we have to try and match the Bummer for speed around the ground, against the Pies I think we missed Army's speed to break the lines.

Hopefully Bower is fit and Henderson, but then that would be too many changes, maybe make two changes to the side, Army or Ellard and Bower or Henderson come in?

In: Armfield, Bower, Henderson, Ellard.
Out: Walker, Watson, Carrazzo (won't happen), Thornton.

Collins can take Walker's spot as the versatile third forward. At least he'll bring some discipline to the role...

Listening to Der-wayne, I'm not sure there is a match next week. Apparently Bombers play on ANZAC Day then get a pass straight into September.
Noticed that as well, Dwayne is a bloody moron. not even thinking about ANZAC Day right now, just excited for Saturday.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 4 Carlton vs Essendon 16/4/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back