Autopsy Round 5, 2022: Hawks skin the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting take on the dissent call. The fact that the umpire called it dissent kind of proves he knew there was a mistake on the dive.

What a win.

Chasing a 2 year old around during that final quarter was challenging, but made the victory all the more sweeter knowing I can rewatch it when he goes to bed and see things I probably missed.

Wish I could bottle today's stat line and send it back in time to 2020 Blackhawk42 berating Clarko on here for not playing Dylan Moore. Boy oh Boy what a player.
Yeah I scared my little one shitless with my yelling and cheering. But he got on board once he realised I was happy. Great moments actually.

Scrimmas crucial win with that loose ball running towards the cats goal should get heaps of recognition. Left his man to impact the contest in front of him which forced the ball into a contested situation which we were able to win. That ball gets behind him they run into an open goal.
Scrimmas game was great. But… his last quarter - absolutely immense. A lot of little touches that won’t go on the stats sheet - palming the ball away from the cats advantage, shepherds, getting in their way to break a handball chain, spoils. Just mahussive in the last when the game was there to be won or lost.

It's always different kind of winning feeling against Geelong 😁.

Can't wait for someone to post the shooting star meme on Tom Hawkins.

After last week performance, everyone must be feeling amazing. Hopefully Reeves injury is not severe and he can recover very quickly.

Scrimmas game was great. But… his last quarter - absolutely immense. A lot of little touches that won’t go on the stats sheet - palming the ball away from the cats advantage, shepherds, getting in their way to break a handball chain, spoils. Just mahussive in the last when the game was there to be won or lost.
He's bigger than people realise and he used his size to great effect. Plays like a half back flanker but is good enough to win the ball in the air as well and in contested situations as well. You can tell he is playing with freedom because he has gone up a level this year.

This Is Delicious So Good GIF by SWR3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know youve had a belting win when Robbo is on 360 talking about you with hand and arm waving like he is conducting an orchstra . Its glorious !

Robbos just told Ben Rutten and the Essendon squad to sit down and watch todays win to prove what youth can do.

I'm in heaven.

Breust has now kicked 10.2 for the year... his 2 points have been posters.
Lewis presented well all game and created contests didn't clunk those marks but still managed 3 goals, huge work rate.
Moore lightning again in the first half, lead the team again for score involvements currently 8th in the league.
Newcombe what more can you say, top 5 for distance covered and most meters gained on the ground.
MacDonald Some class ball movement that was utterly vital in the final quarter, was gliding on the grass when Geelong players were treading water
Worpel A huge comeback great attack on the ball, ball use still a concern but he has a place with that effort and attack.
Scrimshaw Was alright for the first 3 but stood up with smart ball use, tap on's and just getting a hand to the contest whenever the ball went near him in the last quarter.
Newcombe: BOG. But he need to work on his kicking - at least 4 kicks bad in the last quarter with no pressure.

Robbos just told Ben Rutten and the Essendon squad to sit down and watch todays win to prove what youth can do.

I'm in heaven.

It's great isn't it?

Looks like someone took a p!ss in his beer can too.

Really like the signs from DGB. Does a few things every week that make me rest easier that we got a really good one with that pick... despite whatever nuff ragged on him in the game day thread.

Wait till an extra pre season or 2 and another 30 games are in him. Will be unbeatable. He's a maniac.

It was weird watching today as I felt (and maybe it was just me) that our experienced players were the support acts and the kids were the ones doing most damage. Also Gunston up forward adds so much more - I know why Clarko moved him everywhere, but his nous and ability to bring the rest of the forward line into the game is worth more.

It really seems that Sam has come out and told every line that he backs them and they need to do their jobs - none of this sacrificing players to shore up areas. Just old fashioned pick a player to do a job and back them in.

A good old fashion win, plenty of skill, plenty of intensity, plenty of determination, plenty of roll up the sleeves and get it done, umpires against you and beating a team like the cats.

Great win

Really like the signs from DGB. Does a few things every week that make me rest easier that we got a really good one with that pick... despite whatever nuff ragged on him in the game day thread.

Wait till an extra pre season or 2 and another 30 games are in him. Will be unbeatable. He's a maniac.
Still another preseason and 30-40 games away from being a ready made key defender. We have a ripper, just needs games under his belt and the body to fill out a bit.

So Chris Scott in his press conference attributes our early start to free kicks out of the centre and within 15 m of goal. No mention of the rest of the game, when the free kick count was purring along for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 5, 2022: Hawks skin the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back