Autopsy Round 6, 2023 : Positives and Negatives v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

😂😂😂😂😂

You really think they would let the captain of the fricken club do an ankle and send him back on if we were even remotely elite?

Get. The. *. Outta. Here 😂😂😂
Players get sent back on after tweaking ankles all the time. What does being a captain have to do with it?

There's no such thing as a medical sub anymore.

Are your eyes painted on?

That's a fair old assumption.

For all we know we could've packaged those picks, moved down the order, got Rivers, got Chad Warner.... literally we have no idea.

OR.... Yes, O'Brien could've absolutely cooked them.

The debate is we overpaid for Kelly. More than we needed too, considering we held all the cards. The most expensive trade of all time at that point, from memory?

And the guys 3rd* in the coaches votes in one of the worst teams in the comp

Did we overpay for him or did we completely shit the bed in the years we should've been contending?

Edit: *6th before this week

That's a fair old assumption.

For all we know we could've packaged those picks, moved down the order, got Rivers, got Chad Warner.... literally we have no idea.

OR.... Yes, O'Brien could've absolutely cooked them.

The debate is we overpaid for Kelly. More than we needed too, considering we held all the cards. The most expensive trade of all time at that point, from memory?
As I said, assumption based on recent available evidence. Correct me if I'm wrong but we could have taken Warner and didnt?i
I think yes we could have possibly got Kelly a bit cheaper but the media narrative we ****ed our "rebuild" or squad because of the Kelly trade is looking less and less viable every time Kelly throws our midfield on his back which has been most games the past season and a bit.
Anyway probably not the thread for it but I'm now comfortable with the Kelly trade and doubt we find ourselves any better off currently if we didn't do it.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

"I feel something, so it should be the way I feel, based on absolutely nothing at all"

Seriously, I have held back to this point but GTFO
Ok, tell me what kind of 'doctor' you are, because your posting is mostly a clueless ramble of junk whenever I read it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I said, assumption based on recent available evidence. Correct me if I'm wrong but we could have taken Warner and didnt?i
I think yes we could have possibly got Kelly a bit cheaper but the media narrative we ****ed our "rebuild" or squad because of the Kelly trade is looking less and less viable every time Kelly throws our midfield on his back which has been most games the past season and a bit.
Anyway probably not the thread for it but I'm now comfortable with the Kelly trade and doubt we find ourselves any better off currently if we didn't do it.
What if I told you we took 3x players before the Warner pick?

1. XON
2. Foley
3. Williams

Positives:

Jai Culley was excellent. Kicked a bag, was dangerous all day and is starting to use his size and strength to put himself in good spots.
Bailey Williams. Needed to stand up today against an inexperienced opponent, he was everywhere. Did very well.
Oscar Allen, continues to string great games together. Aliir Aliir is in excellent form and Allen did well considering some of the delivery.
Tim Kelly continues with his strong midfield form. Big ball winning leader that we recruited him to be.
Ginbey is going to be a superstar. Cripps like the way he uses his size, great skills, delivery and vision.
Second quarter aside, we did the best with what we had and remained competitive. Didn't get absolutely pummeled like we would have in recent years.
Can really see the game plan coming along even with a crop of young blokes. Simmo shouldn't cop any criticism for this year. Hunt and Jones off the half back line has really given us a bit of x-factor.

Negatives:

Second quarter - gotta be a mental thing.
Missed some valuable chances particularly early in the game where we could have found ourselves with a lead.
Some of the delivery inside 50 was poor.
Andrew ****ing Gaff continues to be a liability. No right side, poor disposal.
Is Darling injured? Does a few things around the ground and Dermott sings his praises but he wasn't there for us today.
Rotham got toweled up, unlucky at times but he's been around for long enough.
Shuey injury - if it was a hammy I'd say he's done for us, injury appeared unlucky and seemed to be moving well otherwise.
So many blokes that don't really offer a huge amount all stuck in the one side together. Not like we have a choice at the moment - however names like Foley, Trew, Clark, West, Petrucelle come to mind. Where do they fit in over the next few years?

What if I told you we took 3x players before the Warner pick?

1. XON
2. Foley
3. Williams

You'd be wrong cos it's the wrong draft? ;)
(2018v2019)

The most confusing thing about people upset at us "missing" Warner is that nearly every other side had 2 picks in that actual draft before Warner was taken and passed

Yet we "missed" him

POS
great competitive efforts by Williams to go hard all day , would be a cult figure if he let his locks grow a mullet..
Kelly was very good and seems to be accepting a leadership role well in this young midfield ..
Well done Culley on the 4 goals as a fwd
Jones and Hunt are adding much needed pace around the ground
Good to see Bazzo back , has a great future ahead ..

NEGS
Second Quarter onslaughts
Umps are inconsistent
Not sharing the ball to a player free in the fwd line ..

You'd be wrong cos it's the wrong draft? ;)
(2018v2019)

The most confusing thing about people upset at us "missing" Warner is that nearly every other side had 2 picks in that actual draft before Warner was taken and passed

Yet we "missed" him
Ah. Google stitched me up and listed the '18 draft as the '19 draft on the first page.

Mate, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Whatever. The trade was done. Was it worth it? I don’t think so, but it is what it is. It’s not a question of whether he’s doing okay in coaches’ votes etc but what the team might look like if we’d never done the deal. We’ll never know the answer to that. In any case, he had a good game today…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate, if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. Whatever. The trade was done. Was it worth it? I don’t think so, but it is what it is. It’s not a question of whether he’s doing okay in coaches’ votes etc but what the team might look like if we’d never done the deal. We’ll never know the answer to that. In any case, he had a good game today…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

the world has changed and apparently your Aunt doesn`t need balls anymore to be your Uncle ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 6, 2023 : Positives and Negatives v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back