Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

The players are engaged. Ken hasn’t lost the players hence why he’s still here.

Also it’s mostly members from generations past that dislike the club and Ken at the minute. Plenty like going to catch a FruChoc and watch the dating game, some probably prefer the colours to the Crows.

Ken would have been sacked by now IMO and clearly has zero intention of walking.

You’ll see him next giving his speech at the B&F then in March, bookmark it.

It just stinks like every other year.
You're right, sadly, although I'm not sure our players are all behind him. Certainly didn't look that way at the prelim.

Mentioned on Koch 5AA morning ramble last two weeks in a row
………………. PORT / OPPO
• 2013EF: 24y 83d / 25y 25d
• 2013SF: 24y 89d / 26y 325d
• 2014EF: 24y 257d / 25y 66d
• 2014SF: 24y 263d / 26y 57d
• 2014PF: 24y 270d / 26y 289d
• 2017EF: 24y 171d / 27y 11d
• 2020QF: 26y 131d / 28y 139d
• 2020PF: 26y 145d / 27y 35d
• 2021QF: 26y 8d / 28y 134d
• 2021PF: 26y 23d / 26y 94d
• 2023QF: 25y 269d / 26y 181d
• 2023SF: 26y 82d / 26y 66d
• 2024QF: 25y 315d / 27y 135d
• 2024SF: 25y 37d / 25y 48d
• 2024PF: 25y 300d / 26y 190d

We’ve been younger in every single final of the Hinkley Era bar the 2023 Semi against GWS (older by 16 days).

Every single Port team of the 2020-2024 September failboat has been older than the 2013-2014 teams that provided Uncle Ken with his golden ticket.

I'm all for Sack Hinkley but there is a part of me that feels that if Hinkley coaches in 2025 that it could become the greatest, most horrible $h!tshow. We've had Boaky giving away goals to the opposition in the prelim, Dixon fried beyond recognition, Lycett bandaged with gaffer tape, McKenzie cooked and the captain Jonas playing so badly he gets dropped.

The key ingredients are:

the most hated coach who has long overstated his welcome and has zero respect
a vitriolic fanbase baying for blood
a budding coach in the wings
the AFL media championing Kenny Average
the 'inevitable' takeover

There are six to seven years of unbridled resentment built up in the fanbase that needs to find an expression.
The qualities of the Creed have been $h@t on for too long.
The pressure will be enormous and if they start poorly, it will get ugly fast.
Booing could be the norm.
It could be the funnest send off ever.
Hoping he gets what he deserves 🤣

Tom Harley (of Sydney) said he feels sorry for the fans on SEN Vic with Kane and went on to say their motto is "we exist to enrich their lives"...SO so far from what PAFC has been attempting to achieve the last 7 years minimum. Achieving to have the opportunity to "get lucky" in finals
I'm just checking with you. Did Harley said this about Port Adelaide?

“We have shown we are a very good club, not a great club” Mention stability, chuck in a couple of references to being a tough competition and you need some luck. The True Believers will lap it up. It is so sad and depressing watching the values this club was built on continue to be eroded over time.
We have shown we are a very WEAK club who has continually been used by the Afl to showcase their latest stance. No club has been treated worse. And this has been enabled by our club. As a recent example of this Houston getting 5 weeks was outrageous. The number of weeks he was getting was determined by ensuring he wasn't playing in a GF. The whole competition is manipulated.

It's hard to like anything about the leadership of the club. Chairman, CEO, Football Manager, Coach and Captain all come across as smug and self satisfied despite having never achieved anything in the game, many of them with tenures that now extend beyond a decade. There doesn't appear to be a strong determination or appetite for success, they appear quite content with where they're at and resigned to the fact that it's a little too difficult to do any better. This comes across really, really clearly and is a massive turn off for the dedicated supporter.

It's hard to like anything about the leadership of the club. Chairman, CEO, Football Manager, Coach and Captain all come across as smug and self satisfied despite having never achieved anything in the game, many of them with tenures that now extend beyond a decade. There doesn't appear to be a strong determination or appetite for success, they appear quite content with where they're at and resigned to the fact that it's a little too difficult to do any better. This comes across really, really clearly and is a massive turn off for the dedicated supporter.

Summed up perfectly!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Makes me furious pretty much all the time. I wax and wane between giving the club away totally to "I'm not letting the bastards get away with this!" I'm tired.

This will be me next year watching this rabble of a club self implode.

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just doesn't really make sense to roll into next year without a minimum of a succession announcement for 2025.

Hiding him away and cruising into next season, with the high likelihood things will get pretty sour should we drop a few in typical KH style, is just plain poor governance.

I can't even really work out why they would choose that route? Unless there's a genuine feeling that he could go on past 25 with a good season, even if it's just a 1 year extension on top?

Just can't figure it out.

The whole situation is just very strange, like I've never heard of another professional sporting team declare their love, not respect or admiration, but actual love, so much for a head coach.

It's genuinely F"$&@ng strange, you'd think some head honchos would perhaps issue a directive to tone that talk down a little, but if anything they seem to herald it.

The more this all goes on, the more I believe theres a strategy to focus on, and increase the base of happy clappers, and subsequently tax the living daylights out of them....whilst in the process slowly separate and remove the old legion supporters who are legitimately demanding.

Another few years and there will be a whole new generation who have only ever known Ken & Koch and the PAFC circa 2013.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is so true & has been really evident at the AGMs for several years now. I generally walk out with 2 key takes:

1. The club has NO ambition to win a flag.
2. The club is waiting for the supporters that followed the Magpies to die off or alternatively, is happy to piss them off so much they leave. Hence the 'Its not the Sanfl anymore' put down they regularly reel out.

Imo, all the push from the fans about the prison bars etc hasn't helped. They've been able to dismiss the 'white noise' by saying we have unrealistic expectations tied to the good old days. When in reality, without a club history the continual finals failures of our club would be up in lights.

I kinda get the feeling that Hinkley 2025 could have some of the bizarrest and unintentionally comedic moments and keep on keeping on.

It's a powder keg of smug, immoral leadership versus the hopes of the fans being graped for too long.

I think we are going to need a 1000 bottles of baby oil for the year.

Could agree with everyone except Connor. The rest have all had plenty of time to give us something. Connor is still young, fresh in captaincy and WILL get better.

Imagine the LA Lakers finishing in the top seedings four years out of five then bombing out in the play-offs, or Real Madrid getting eliminated from the UCL knock-out stages before the Final 4/5 years.

There's absolutely no way key people in the management structure would survive, nor would they be blindsided by their sacking. They'd expect it.

I guess by their actions the club is self-identifying as a minnow, which is exactly how Koch has publicly painted us since 2013. #LittleOldPort

Last edited:
Makes me furious pretty much all the time. I wax and wane between giving the club away totally to "I'm not letting the bastards get away with this!" I'm tired.

IMG_1507.gif

“Lil Coffey. Like the drink.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back