Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish we got this guy when we had the chance.

Gold Coast coach Damien Hardwick did not hold back as he delivered a timely reality check for his Suns side after a “disappointing” loss to North Melbourne on Saturday afternoon.

The Suns were coming off a statement victory over Collingwood the week prior but failed to back up that effort, with Hardwick particularly critical of his team’s clearance work.

“We’ve just got to grow up as a footy club to be perfectly frank. We sit there and give ourselves enough opportunities but we just don’t play our moments.

“It’s my job as a coach to sit there and demand better because at the moment we’re capable of beating the premiership favourites last week and then this week we let ourselves down.

“I’m angry, to be fair. As a footy club we’ve got to grow the f*** up to be perfectly honest. Excuse the language.

“We’ve been in this situation too many times so it’s up to me and the match committee to sit there and get our boys going.”

Hinkley: we need a bit of luck - the list isn't good enough - I'm just a figure head, it's a collective.

Last edited:
God what a dismal year to still be in a prelim.

• Lost to 9th placed Collingwood by 50
  • Lost to 14th placed Melbourne
  • Lost to 15th placed Adelaide by 30
  • Lost to Carlton by 30
  • Lost to 13th placed Gold Coast
  • Lost to Brisbane by 80
  • Lost to Geelong by 80 in a Qualifying final
  • Lost to Sydney by 40 after beating them by 100 earlier in the year.

Our double ups were Richmond, Melbourne, Adelaide, St Kilda, Fremantle and Carlton.

We're screwed next year.

• Lost to Carlton by 30
  • Lost to Brisbane by 80

Our double ups were Richmond, Melbourne, Adelaide, St Kilda, Fremantle and Carlton.

We're screwed next year.
Even if we do plummet, it'll be the playing list not being good enough. We can't flipping win.

• Lost to Carlton by 30
  • Lost to Brisbane by 80

We're screwed next year.
Looks the same as every other year, cept losing to Gold Coast.

Yep, in line with him being a 20 year chairman

I can't remember our longest and the length but don't put it past Koch to gun for the longest serving. Narcissists do this. My boss is one, and has another 7 years to reach being the longest serving ... she is currently 75. I want to see her carried out in a body bag.

It's not going to happen, is it :(

Chewy316 - I hope you're feel better brother. Do you have any other insight you can share?

I expect to have an update before the B&F.

Until then, just is a waiting game.

Not sure what we're expecting Timmy to do? He's already said on multiple occasions that he would not have extended Hinkley and gone with Carr.

He's employed by 5aa. The last time they (he and Rowe) pushed back on the club, the club sooked it up and put a ban on from anyone going on there.
I expect him as a past club champion stand up for his club and make his thoughts known rather then sit on the fence.

Tell the Public what he really thinks, rather then tow the party line.

If the club sooks then out them for sooking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we cant trust the club but Ken wont get any extension next year no matter what the board is split right down the middle regarding Ken. The side that still wants him for 2025 looks like getting their way but thats were it will end.
Carr will be coach round 1 2026 unless we fall off a cliff and half way through next year then the good side of the board will get their way and ken gets booted then and Carr takes over then.

I expect him as a past club champion stand up for his club and make his thoughts known rather then sit on the fence.

Tell the Public what he really thinks, rather then tow the party line.

If the club sooks then out them for sooking.
What if he's towing the company line? You know, his employer? Pays the bills etc.

Seriously, people potting Timmy G?? People have short memories. If it wasn't for him and Fiacchi the one club thing probably would never have happened.

When it comes down to it, the club has not sacked / not renewed multiple times when they should have. I don't disbelieve Chewy and others who say the people they are talking to want to sack him. The problem is these are the people that when it comes time to turn the talk into the walk, they don't. With the exception of Tredrea, all want the easy option of Ken walking away, so they can avoid any confrontation. Ken knows this and won't walk, so we roll into 2025 with this buffoon still as coach.

Last edited:
God could you imagine what Ken would look like by year 20 in tenure lol
Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

If only Timmy had the balls to ask Donuts the tough questions as to why his game plan does not hold up in finals and why the best list ever was not able to get the job done.

But we all know Timmy has been muzzled by the club.

He's not muzzled. it's his choice. He believes in keeping matters in house.

Not sure what we're expecting Timmy to do? He's already said on multiple occasions that he would not have extended Hinkley and gone with Carr.

He's employed by 5aa. The last time they (he and Rowe) pushed back on the club, the club sooked it up and put a ban on from anyone going on there.

I want Tim to ask the hard questions that has Finkley sooking, and the club banishing Tim from his half time segment at games. Tim is a club great captain and if banishing him doesn't rile up the past players ... nothing will.

Strategic vision: Chasing Greatness​

By portadelaidefc.com.au Feb 15, 2021

Included in the vision are ambitious goals to add three premierships to the 37 the club currently has, reach 100,000 members, redevelop the Alberton Oval precinct and be debt free.

Don't worry
He'll get 3 flags next year !

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back