Certified Legendary Thread Sack Hinkley 12 - Finals Are Scary

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it wont happen and no one contracted gets traded because they sulk for five minutes.

Players tied to coaches is one of the biggest myths there is.
As a player, you live in the moment. They don’t know what it will be like with another coach at the wheel. Could go either way - but you have to take the risk if it’s appropriate to do so. Which is where we are at now (overdue however)

At least we know Butters speaks highly of Carr

Has that number been confirmed? Even if that number is true that's still plenty of Port supporters attending. I expect there would have been some Crows fans there too hoping for another embarassing home loss.
There were many "Hawks" supporters wearing crow gear. Also the Hawks merchandise van was pumping with new Hawks supporters buying their first bit of merch....it was weird.

Has that number been confirmed? Even if that number is true that's still plenty of Port supporters attending. I expect there would have been some Crows fans there too hoping for another embarassing home loss.
That number was quoted on the night and the next few days. There's was a huge contingent of hawks there - genuinely seemed like 60-40 at the game.

Remember the hagiographic video they made after the 13 wins extension? Ken filmed from the side, sitting casually against the desk in his thinking pose, as if he’s some sort of sage. He said something to the players like nobody matters except the people in this room. It was a taste of what he’s likely been telling them for years and how emotionally manipulative he is.

Daniel Norton has some responsibility for this too. He’s knees deep in the protection racket - feeding the players the constant nauseating spin about the depths of their love for Ken. He doesn’t always have to take this angle.
Hinkley is a major player in fostering this environment. The Dixon's of this world openly speaking with disdain about the supporters. The constant "We do it for Kenny" is just garbage. Re Daniel Norton, I watched the interview with him about Hinkley. The things he was saying were quite unbelievable. "He's a great man because he asks how you're going every day." Isn't that just normal everyday human decency? I had to laugh at the end of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then you haven’t listened to his interview properly.
The inaction of the club speaks volumes. If they wanted him gone, he would have been already. The cold hard reality is that they don't because it is all too hard for them and their tiny dicks and brains.

The inaction of the club speaks volumes. If they wanted him gone, he would have been already. The cold hard reality is that they don't because it is all too hard for them and their tiny dicks and brains.

If they want him to stay, Chewy would be all over it and would have given us a message. Remember the fact that it is still going despite it being incredibly pathetic that it’s taking this long time to come to a decision. Shows people that there are people willing to fight to the very end to remove Hinkley, as long as they keep on fighting for our club. Unfortunately, this is something that we have to play the long game with and keep on going till he's gone.

The full venom of the fans and members needs to be unleashed. He’s taken a dump on the club, has never embraced the ruthless nature of our winning history and shown no care for the people that make up the club. He needs to be broken down mentally now. This is at breaking point surely.

How someone can smugly hang around a place where so many people loathe you, is quite impressive in a narcissistic, upsetting kind of way.

I’ve never seen a scenario like it in professional sports. Not for this length of time.

Clubs I also support:

• Arsenal (Arsene Wenger - hung around like a bad smell for at least 3 seasons too long - plenty of supporter unrest and 'Wenger Out' banners)
  • Pittsburg Steelers (Mike Tomlin - 18 season as head coach - won superbowl in second season 2008 and lost superbowl in 2010 - a winning season ever since is a pass, made playoffs in 9 of last 15 seasons, fans ridicule his work harder for longer type spin 'the standard is the standard' in press conferences)
  • Portland Trailblazers (Terry Stotts - nine seasons - made playoffs in eight of them but could never progress past conference finals - was finally sacked - his replacement Chaunacey Billups has been a joke in comparison and should have already been sacked)

Interesting time to send out a member survey.

The one that always gets me is the ‘on a scale of 1-7 are these club sponsors a good brand fit?’ section.

A university, tyres, a car manufacturer and an insurance company.

Is their money good? Yes? Who cares?

c'mon Ken, announce your resignation at the B&F

The job is not for you
Keep Going Mark Wahlberg GIF by Lionsgate

I have resigned myself to him being here in 2025 and burning down the joint as he leaves.

I just am not looking forward to a time when I think I have recovered and some idiotic commentator will do a throwback to "Port's longest serving and most loved coach" shtick. I will throw up and then display some involuntary tics.

On the plus side he has nowhere to hide next year. I am going to enjoy watching him squirm and trot out lines such as Brisbane were 13th on the ladder midway through the season and then they won the GF as though anyone believes he is like Fagan or our team is similar to Brisbane's line up let alone lack of coaching strategies.

We just need to be patient and he may leave a burning husk but those of us who trudged to games each week in 2011 and 2012 will remember how good it felt when we turned a corner in 2013 (thanks to the decision to properly fund the footy department including fitness guru, Primus blooding some youngsters, and being able to recruit some decent players) Some of us remember that it was not Ken the man who turned it around but a number of huge and costly implementations that was the turn around. Since some of the staff left Ken has not been able to sustain any sort of consistency despite being well funded and having a fantastic list.

Patience is what I need. I have sat out for the last 4 or 5 years. I can wait one more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back