Unofficial Preview Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo

Part 2?? Why hasn’t Ken been sacked yet???

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seven years of hinkley in charge, we don't have any obvious choices for the leadership group and tom jonas / Ollie wines captains. That is what ken hinkleys culture has developed. Absolutely nada. It doesn't matter how nice your list looks on paper if you have nothing of substance to lead them.
I am not sure you can blame “ Hinkley’s Culture “ for the lack of a true leader.
Blame him for his coaching sure .I do agree though in the dearth of true inspiring leadership from our Captains.
A captain should be able to rally and single handedly swing momentum back regardless of the score or opponent like Tredders could and Selwood and a few ( not all) other team’s captain’s can.
Whereas we are just happy to confirm that Jonas and Ollie have played good games.
Apart from Robbie there is no one in our list that can do this when needed .
This is true Captaincy and leadership on the field. (Not just organising but changing and maintaining momentum with their dominant footy skills ..,could do this part without saying a word)
If Boaky had been left in the guts in his prime... who knows?

Last edited:
We were unlucky when we were at our worst, the introduction of GWS & GC hurt us big time. Wrong end of the ladder at the wrong time.

It wasn’t by luck, it was by design. The AFL would never have survived a Victorian team suffering for the introduction of Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney.

It’s why with Adelaide looking poor next couple of years the time is right to introduce the final team from Tasmania. No one cares what happens to teams from SA.

It wasn’t by luck, it was by design. The AFL would never have survived a Victorian team suffering for the introduction of Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney.

It’s why with Adelaide looking poor next couple of years the time is right to introduce the final team from Tasmania. No one cares what happens to teams from SA.

This is such bollocks. Gold Coast was already in the works in 2009 and they played in the VFL in 2010 as preparation for their AFL entry the following year. We finished 10th in both seasons (rings a bell). There’s no way the AFL specifically “designed” Gold Coast’s entry to coincide with us having a down year that they couldn’t possibly predict.

This is such bollocks. Gold Coast was already in the works in 2009 and they played in the VFL in 2010 as preparation for their AFL entry the following year. We finished 10th in both seasons (rings a bell). There’s no way the AFL specifically “designed” Gold Coast’s entry to coincide with us having a down year that they couldn’t possibly predict.
In the September 2006 Next Generation document, the AFL detailed how they would spend their expected $1.4bil revenue during the 2007-11 TV deal period, of which $750m cash came from TV and Telsta rights. In that document they said then, they wanted a team in SE Qld and one in western Sydney by 2015 at the latest.

We made the 2007 GF and then a month later the AFL tried to bully North moving up to the GC, with a supposed $100m offer, which in fact was only about $35m when you took out standard annual distributions and a one off payment of $12m or so to build a new facility at Arden street, which seemed pointless if you moved them to the GC. After 2 or 3 months debate, North members voted no to move, and the AFL decided ok we will start the process to move to the GC and within a couple of months set up the GC17 working group..

That was totally independent of where we would finish. You are correct that there was nothing to do with timing it to Port's demise. It was all about the next TV deal and bigger $$$ and bigger bonuses for Demetriou and co.

Last edited:

Oh really?

Port Adelaide had made the GF in 2007 with what was pretty much our 2004 list plus Boak. We had finished bottom four in 2008, and had closed our Victorian recruiting office in order to cut costs. The AFL knew we were on our knees financially and couldn't/wouldn't complain about our fixture.

This was how our 2011 season started off:

R1 - Play Collingwood away - Finished 1st in 2011. 2010 premiers. Lost by 75.
R2 - Play West Coast at home - Finished 4th in 2011. Lost by 18.
R3 - Play Geelong away - Finished 2nd the year before and 2nd in 2011. 2011 premiers. Lost by 79.

You think it's coincidence that we just happened to play three of the top four that year in the first three rounds...two of them away from home? And that we had double up games against three of the top four teams (Collingwood, West Coast, Hawthorn), in spite finishing 10th?

There is no such thing as chance. Everything is weighted to produce certain outcomes. Even the situation where we played Gold Coast the week after an emotionally draining Showdown victory to ensure the best possible chance of the Suns winning.

Then we've got 2012...

R3 - Play Sydney at home - top 4 and premiers in 2012. Lose by 25.
R4 - Play Collingwood away - top 4 in 2012, prelim finalist in 2012, grand finalists in 2011. Lose by 24.
R5 - Play Adelaide away - top 4 in 2012, prelim finalists in 2012. Lose by 19.

It's funny how two seasons in a row we ended up playing three of the top four in the first five rounds...even though we had finished bottom four in 2011. And yet you're trying to tell me that the AFL couldn't possibly predict that we'd be shit those two seasons?

Here’s a thought experiment: imagine Port is interviewing candidates for the senior coaching position and Hinkley had been coaching at another club with the exact same results over the last 7 years. Hinkley has interviewed for the job. Would Hinkley be the top candidate?

Already I’d hire Ross Lyon over Ken and that’s before reviewing any other candidate such as Monty or Schoey.

Lol yeah we were the only team to suffer the introduction of GC and GWS. 2010 to 2013 the bottom 4 consisted of Port, Port, Port and Port.

Oh really?

Port Adelaide had made the GF in 2007 with what was pretty much our 2004 list plus Boak. We had finished bottom four in 2008, and had closed our Victorian recruiting office in order to cut costs. The AFL knew we were on our knees financially and couldn't/wouldn't complain about our fixture.

This was how our 2011 season started off:

R1 - Play Collingwood away - Finished 1st in 2011. 2010 premiers. Lost by 75.
R2 - Play West Coast at home - Finished 4th in 2011. Lost by 18.
R3 - Play Geelong away - Finished 2nd the year before and 2nd in 2011. 2011 premiers. Lost by 79.

You think it's coincidence that we just happened to play three of the top four that year in the first three rounds...two of them away from home? And that we had double up games against three of the top four teams (Collingwood, West Coast, Hawthorn), in spite finishing 10th?

There is no such thing as chance. Everything is weighted to produce certain outcomes. Even the situation where we played Gold Coast the week after an emotionally draining Showdown victory to ensure the best possible chance of the Suns winning.

Then we've got 2012...

R3 - Play Sydney at home - top 4 and premiers in 2012. Lose by 25.
R4 - Play Collingwood away - top 4 in 2012, prelim finalist in 2012, grand finalists in 2011. Lose by 24.
R5 - Play Adelaide away - top 4 in 2012, prelim finalists in 2012. Lose by 19.

It's funny how two seasons in a row we ended up playing three of the top four in the first five rounds...even though we had finished bottom four in 2011. And yet you're trying to tell me that the AFL couldn't possibly predict that we'd be s**t those two seasons?

You’re making things up again Arnold.

Here’s a thought experiment: imagine Port is interviewing candidates for the senior coaching position and Hinkley had been coaching at another club with the exact same results over the last 7 years. Hinkley has interviewed for the job. Would Hinkley be the top candidate?

Already I’d hire Ross Lyon over Ken and that’s before reviewing any other candidate such as Monty or Schoey.
It's an interesting theoretical but ultimately coaches vying for the gig do present their case and direction they see them leading the team in...We know Ken can sell a magic bean or two so I'm not sure he wouldn't still be the leading candidate.

Gah. Go the Power 🤦‍♂️

It's an interesting theoretical but ultimately coaches vying for the gig do present their case and direction they see them leading the team in...We know Ken can sell a magic bean or two so I'm not sure he wouldn't still be the leading candidate.

Gah. Go the Power 🤦‍♂️
He can only sell magic beans to us. Three other clubs rejected him as senior coach after interviews pre-2012. They wouldn’t have a milky bar of him let alone a magic bean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re making things up again Arnold.

The facts are the facts. You just don’t want to see it because you live under the illusion that chance exists.

The facts are the facts. You just don’t want to see it because you live under the illusion that chance exists.

This is like saying Matt Groening is a time traveller because The Simpson’s make loose but educated guesses about what may happen in the future.

I mean, they predicted Trump would be president so I guess he is. The facts are the facts unless you’re under the illusion chance exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is like saying Matt Groening is a time traveller because The Simpson’s make loose but educated guesses about what may happen in the future.

I mean, they predicted Trump would be president so I guess he is. The facts are the facts unless you’re under the illusion chance exists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What will really bake your noodle is...Trump wouldn't be president if the Simpsons didn't predict it. The thought goes out into the collective consciousness as people watch the show and then manifests into reality.

"I don't...I don't believe it."

"That is why you fail."

Lol this is not even close to being a fact.

Read REH’s post. They tried to move North Melbourne to the Gold Coast barely weeks after we played in a Grand Final. They were coming into the comp regardless of where Port Adelaide was finishing.

In any event Gold Coast finished stone motherless last in 2011 anyway so who cares who filled the bottom rungs of the ladder ahead of them?

Did the AFL have some vendetta against Melbourne and Footscray when the Giants entered in 2012?

The answer is, er, no.

He can only sell magic beans to us. Three other clubs rejected him as senior coach after interviews pre-2012. They wouldn’t have a milky bar of him let alone a magic bean.
Well he didn't even go through a presentation with us from what I recall as he was burn't out from the process.. "This is not the guy" was apparently murmured about 10 minutes into one of his previous attempts elsewhere.

Melbourne hasn’t finished top four and only made a prelim final where they got smashed. There’s nothing to suggest they haven’t gone down the same path as Port circa 2015-2018. They finished bottom four for ages.

If you want to add Brisbane this year, you have to wait until next year to be able to compare Port to them. They also finished bottom four for the past few years.

GWS had an entire draft of concessions and finished bottom four for awhile.

So the difference is - all these clubs finished bottom four in drafts that weren’t compromised. Port finished bottom four when it was.
So your changing your criteria... again.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol this is not even close to being a fact.

Read REH’s post. They tried to move North Melbourne to the Gold Coast barely weeks after we played in a Grand Final. They were coming into the comp regardless of where Port Adelaide was finishing.

In any event Gold Coast finished stone motherless last in 2011 anyway so who cares who filled the bottom rungs of the ladder ahead of them?

Did the AFL have some vendetta against Melbourne and Footscray when the Giants entered in 2012?

The answer is, er, no.

I'm not talking about where Gold Coast finished. And I'm not even talking about Port Adelaide. I'm talking about the draft pick concessions that both they and GWS received when they came into the competition, and the teams that were most adversely affected by it.

This was the bottom six in 2011: Richmond, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Gold Coast.

In 2012: Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, Gold Coast, GWS.

Originally they tried to move North to Gold Coast. When North rejected that, they set about trying to manipulate things to ensure that at least three non Victorian teams were down the bottom of the ladder when Gold Coast came into the competition so that they could dispense with the priority pick concessions (because they wanted GWS and Gold Coast to get the help instead) and no one would kick up a stink.

Then in 2012, it was all the basket case clubs that were in massive amounts of debt.

You think this is all a coincidence? That for some unknown reason, the AFL just happened to introduce the first new club at the very point in time when four non-Victorian teams were bottom four, and the second one when the most AFL dependent clubs were bottom four...clubs that needed AFL money to survive?

You want to know who was bottom four in 2010, when Gold Coast and GWS started pillaging the draft? West Coast (won the flag last year), Richmond (won the flag the year before), Essendon (WADA and stupid trades ****ed them) and Brisbane (top four this year). That was the last year of priority picks based on ladder position.

Funny how three of them are top four 8-9 years later. But I guess that's all coincidence, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back