Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly even if that was the case, that’s pathetic and no excuse from the players or Drew to have a sulk because they are starting on the bench or a different position than expected. I hope that’s not the mentality any of them went into the game with and if it is, the players need a good hard look at themselves and what they want out of their careers too
Being pissed off and having a sulk are not the same thing.

What's the amount of assistant coaches that's come and gone since Hinkley has been at the helm?

Walsh
Hocking
Hart
Wilson
Burgess
Kinsley (not sure?)
Carr
Lade
McKeown
Schofield
Voss

Is there anymore that comes to
memory?

Edit:

Richardson.
Gotch
Rehn
Nicks

Last edited:
What's the amount of assistant coaches that's come and gone since Hinkley has been at the helm?

Walsh
Hocking
Hart
Wilson
Burgess
Kinsley (not sure?)
Carr
Lade
McKeown
Schofield
Voss

Is there anymore that comes to memory?

Richardson
Gotch
Rehn
Nicks

Walsh
Hocking
Hart
Wilson
Burgess
Kinsley (not sure?)
Carr
Lade
McKeown
Schofield
Voss

memory?

Edit:

Richardson.
Gotch
Rehn
Nicks

Wilson (physio) Covid cost cuts
Kingsley (don't think so)
Hocking left be4 Ken appt?

Are you trying to say ... 'All left due to Ken staying'?

Wilson (physio) Covid cost cuts
Kingsley (don't think so)
Hocking left be4 Ken appt?

Are you trying to say ... 'All left due to Ken staying'?
No, but if I was working for a company or business with that amount of admin staff turnover over the last 9 to 10 years. I’d ask the question where the direction was coming from.

Some of them weren't even coaches. So removing those, plus Kingsley who left Port 3 years before Ken arrived and it's not all that big a list really.

Walsh - Left to coach an AFL team
Richardson. - Left to coach an AFL team
Voss - Leaving to coach an AFL team
Carr - Left to coach an SANFL team
Gotch - Left to coach an SANFL team
Hocking - Left to coach an SANFL team

Hart - Left to go to Gold Coast Suns
Nicks - Left to go to GWS, later became an AFL coach
Schofield - Left to go to WC, AFL coach in waiting
Lade - failed
Rehn - failed

So 6 of them left/leaving to coach their own team, 1 became a head coach 12 months after leaving. Noone here rated Hart, or Lade, or Rehn.

I fail to see the problem with the turnover to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of them weren't even coaches. So removing those, plus Kingsley who left Port 3 years before Ken arrived and it's not all that big a list really.

Walsh - Left to coach an AFL team
Richardson. - Left to coach an AFL team
Voss - Leaving to coach an AFL team
Carr - Left to coach an SANFL team
Gotch - Left to coach an SANFL team
Hocking - Left to coach an SANFL team

Hart - Left to go to Gold Coast Suns
Nicks - Left to go to GWS, later became an AFL coach
Schofield - Left to go to WC, AFL coach in waiting
Lade - failed
Rehn - failed

So 6 of them left/leaving to coach their own team, 1 became a head coach 12 months after leaving. Noone here rated Hart, or Lade, or Rehn.

I fail to see the problem with the turnover to be honest.

Didn’t Hocking and Gotch end up at Collingwood at some point?
Carr also ended up at Freo until he ****ed up.

Do all clubs have this level of churn?
I genuinely don’t know but it wouldn’t surprise me if they did.

Carr also ended up at Freo until he f’ed up.

Yea they probably do the odd one like Voss hangs around like a bad smell, if you are successful they poach the underlings & if you suck like us you move them on or shuffle chairs around the idiot.

Carr also ended up at Freo until he f’ed up.

Yes, most clubs do. Look at Hawthorn in the same time frame:

Luke Beveridge, Brendan Bolton, Brett Ratten, Cameron Bruce, Chris Fagan, Damian Carroll, Adam Yze, Leon Cameron, Adam Simpson, Brent Guerra, David Neitz, Darren Glass, Scott Burns, Craig Mcrae all came and gone.

Yes, most clubs do. Look at Hawthorn in the same time frame:

Luke Beveridge, Brendan Bolton, Brett Ratten, Cameron Bruce, Chris Fagan, Damian Carroll, Adam Yze, Leon Cameron, Adam Simpson, Brent Guerra, David Neitz, Darren Glass, Scott Burns, Craig Mcrae all came and gone.
Same time frame - 2013 to 2021?

Hawthorn won three premierships.

Walsh
Hocking
Hart
Wilson
Burgess
Kinsley (not sure?)
Carr
Lade
McKeown
Schofield
Voss

memory?

Edit:

Richardson.
Gotch
Rehn
Nicks
Tyson Edwards, was an assistant coach at Ports when Hinkley started and left in 2015.

Where might Clarkson end up if he decides to return to coaching next year?

PORT ADELAIDE
Ken Hinkley: Contracted until the end of 2023.

Power president David Koch has publicly backed Hinkley, but it’s hard not to think it’s at least a grand final or bust for him in 2022. The Power have made successive preliminary finals and three all up under Hinkley, but they failed miserably last year and against the Western Bulldogs just over a fortnight ago. Next year will be his 10th in charge and without a premiership, the Power will face what Collingwood and Nathan Buckley did this year. One rival club chief said the two parties could depart amicably without any regrets if next season does not go to plan, knowing they had given it their all. Clarkson spent time as an assistant at Alberton before joining the Hawks.

Where might Clarkson end up if he decides to return to coaching next year?

PORT ADELAIDE
Ken Hinkley: Contracted until the end of 2023.

Power president David Koch has publicly backed Hinkley, but it’s hard not to think it’s at least a grand final or bust for him in 2022. The Power have made successive preliminary finals and three all up under Hinkley, but they failed miserably last year and against the Western Bulldogs just over a fortnight ago. Next year will be his 10th in charge and without a premiership, the Power will face what Collingwood and Nathan Buckley did this year. One rival club chief said the two parties could depart amicably without any regrets if next season does not go to plan, knowing they had given it their all. Clarkson spent time as an assistant at Alberton before joining the Hawks.
Is that a written article Robbbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back