Opinion Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door

When to sack Ken?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of this 'kens a good bloke but...' 'he means well but...' posts.

At this stage of things, after all the deflection, arrogance, stubbornness, insensitivity, lack of accountability, and I'm sure other negative traits, the good bloke but can't coach angle needs to be reconsidered. He's been taking the club for a ride for years now, has white anted some of our favourites over the years, has used a rival club offer to bend over our own, we can definitely question if he's been a good bloke to the Port Adelaide Football Club, as well as a bad coach. He's not harmless old daggy Ken that gets the boys up for a big win sometimes but can't get us all the way, he's a charlatan and a schemer.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

What exactly is wrong with the article, why has it triggered you? I’m confused.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This guy has been absent for 5 months, literally hiding after his parting words "I wouldn't have done anything differently" after the abomination of a preliminary final. Yesterday when questioned about the prelim he says "we're in the now. We're looking forward".
I couldn't give a damn what he did in the off season. It's just a puff piece. Rubbish.

This guy has been absent for 5 months, literally hiding after his parting words "I wouldn't have done anything differently" after the abomination of a preliminary final. Yesterday when questioned about the prelim he says "we're in the now. We're looking forward".
I couldn't give a damn what he did in the off season. It's just a puff piece. Rubbish.

When I was a kid, around 10 or 11, I knew an elderly Bulgarian chap — the father of the patriarch of the Family Day Care family my sister and I stayed with while mum was at work. His son had gone around to deliver something to “Poppy”, with us and his own kids in tow.

Thus we were sat around the little table in Poppy’s kitchen around 6ish, enjoying in moderation the halva he’d put out, when Paul Keating came on the ABC News via the portable colour-TV sitting on the bench just to the side.

On mute, you couldn’t hear what the PM was actually saying, but the reaction was instant: “YOU BLARDY BARSTARRRD! YOU BLARDY BARRRRRSTARRRRD!”.

“Dad, dad. Sett-, dad! Settle down”, came the reply from his startled son, as he reached over and turned it off, emphasising the point by gesturing to the handful of primary school-age kids now resembling a quintet of ‘um-ah! naughty language!’ deer in the headlights.

The purity of his visceral reaction always stuck with me.

And I was reminded of it today when Ken came on my screen in the pre-game, and I did the exact same thing, just with far more colourful language and mercifully, not in the presence of children.

Nothing short of a premiership will replenish the credits this guy and his enablers have burned through — and even then. This “let them eat cake” loop of overpromising, under-delivering and subsequent gaslighting will have the masses sharpening pitchforks soon.

Mid 2021: "Judge us at the end of the season"

Immediately after the prelim: "I wouldn't have changed anything"

After 5 months of being wheeled out less than the Queen who has been dead for months: "We're in the now, we're looking forward"

Absolutely hates accountability this fraud. Learns nothing because he won't confront his failures.

I don’t think there is anything to gain by constantly going on about last years prelim debacle when the next season is already underway. As long as it was heavily reviewed internally in the post match review it doesn’t really bother me that he doesn’t want to talk about it publicly.

And how dare he have a break and enjoy some proud father and grandfather moments.

I hope the break did him good.

I don’t think there is anything to gain by constantly going on about last years prelim debacle when the next season is already underway. As long as it was heavily reviewed internally in the post match review it doesn’t really bother me that he doesn’t want to talk about it publicly.

And how dare he have a break and enjoy some proud father and grandfather moments.

He doesn’t need a break to enjoy family time there’s plenty of Hinkley’s he can see at work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue I have here is how willing the club was to let the players hang publicly.

Kornes and co showing slow motion replays of Rozee and others letting Ken down. Thats pathetic and unforgivable.

Seems Ken watched the Simpsons before today's presser View attachment 1338257
ryZcmob.gif

Also Ken: Dig up stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back