Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club didn't renew club legend Jack Cahill's contract after two years of coaching our initial AFL team because they didn't see him as the coach to take us to a flag but here we are 10 seasons down the track and we are still persisting with Hinkley. As you say the difference is that we no longer have people who understand football and what is required to be successful running the club.
Impossible to prove of course but I have always been of the opinion Jack Cahill would have coached the early to mid 2000's group of players into more than one gf.

He read this board after last year's prelim and saw a few fu** off back to Victoria comments and thinks we only hate him because he's Victorian , then that comment from kane in that port supporters "not really embracing hinkley" and that josh Jenkins story relaying that message has only further pushed that narrative

My favourite Port Adelaide player of all time is a bearded Tasmanian who came from Geelong. That sentiment don't fly.

THEN AGAIN…..
Where s*** against Hawthorn in a spiritually important game in round 2. Were s*** against the reigning premiers in a truly measuring stick game in round 4. Were s*** in the first half against Carlton in round 5.

wait, so you thought kane cornes said that stuff, but upon being told it was our Captain, Coach and CEO, you change to "so what, what should they say?" do you not have a problem with being called names by the heads of the club we support like diehards?
Nope, I don’t have a problem with the coach and captain believing in themselves. Not at all. Hope it’s motivation for them to keep winning.
Show me where richo has told us to shove it?

He read this board after last year's prelim and saw a few fu** off back to Victoria comments and thinks we only hate him because he's Victorian , then that comment from kane in that port supporters "not really embracing hinkley" and that josh Jenkins story relaying that message has only further pushed that narrative

Think Kern must have accidentally found himself on the Tingles board when they wanted to give Robert Shaw or Gary Ayres the arse.

I don't think any Port supporter gives a shit that Hinkley is Vic, so is half our team and a lot of our best players. No one at Port has ever given a shit where the players or coaches are from, only as to whether they're here to win and are capable of doing so.

Victorians are generally dim though and because we're South Australian we must be just like West Lakes Wanderers in pretending that it's State of Origin.

Think Kern must have accidentally found himself on the Tingles board when they wanted to give Robert Shaw or Gary Ayres the arse.

I don't think any Port supporter gives a shit that Hinkley is Vic, so is half our team and a lot of our best players. No one at Port has ever given a shit where the players or coaches are from, only as to whether they're here to win and are capable of doing so.

Victorians are generally dim though and because we're South Australian we must be just like West Lakes Wanderers in pretending that it's State of Origin.

I think Crows fans (at least in the past) had problems/issues with Victorians coaching them (who to be fair, were cactus) but I don't think Port have that bias against Hinkley

An underwhelming record over 10 years, especially in finals, and seemingly BFFs with David Koch (a chairman who runs Port like his business plaything, not a proud footy club with 150 years of rich tradition) who is sucking all the joy and meaning of what it means to be Port Adelaide (well in my opinion)

Al Clarkson was born and raised in Vicco, and you guys absolutely would love for him to take over from Kinkley.

Sometimes I feel like mainstream media, esp from Melbourne, don't want to put pressure on heat on Kern, because for whatever reason, they don't actually want PAFC to succeed.

These jerks in the media link Bartett and Ralphie etc have slung more dirt and shit on David Noble in one week collectively, than they have on Hinkley over 10 years.

As i say, there is something really sinister and unfathomable about the Hinkley coaching tenure, sadly I think it looks like he will stay on for another season, unless there is a mass player revolt.

If Baldy Koch and his board wasn't so out of with the common, typical hardworking PAFC supporter (which he always claims he has been) he would know 99 of decent loyal Port fans want him good, but he is too busy sucking up to soulless corporate types to care.

Or outlandish theory, he and Kern are more than just good friends (not judging, but it just seems like there is not any more rational reasons why Ken still has a job)

The fact that he's Victorian is actually relevant though - his membership of the good bloke Victorian footy boys club is the reason his tenure has received little to no media scrutiny and thus one of the reasons he's still got a job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I hope it happens, but I doubt GWS would take someone that’s a proven downgrade on Leon Cameron:

1 GF vs 0 and 7 finals wins vs 5 finals wins, both of those things in a shorter period of time

My favourite Port Adelaide player of all time is a bearded Tasmanian who came from Geelong. That sentiment don't fly.

Mine growing up was a bloke who played juniors for Banyule and a couple of seasons for Collingwood before coming to Port.

Port Adelaide is a state of mind. It does not rely upon a person's origin to be inherent in them. Conversely, one can have origins in the Port Adelaide area and not be one of us. Koch and Hinkley are two of the least Port people I can think of (at least of those associated with the club - Rob Lucas and alex Downer are amongst the anti-Port).

I think it will be perfect for Ken and Donna. No fishbowl nor nasty supporters with lofty expectations.
Those are certainly positives for them but they're just simple country folk who would have trouble fitting in in the big smoke.

Dapto is probably a bit far but up in the Northwest maybe ok.

Richmond has a dog track, plenty of room out that way.

I'll happily help them pack.
The drive down to the Illawarra might be a bit far but maybe GWS could ferry Hinkley to and from Dapto in a pink helicopter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back