Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a few positives in the Clarkson interview as some have pointed our all ready, the point he made that he wants to sit back and wait, he wants the season to wait and see. This is good for us seeing we have an idiot for a president that says we will not sack a coach during a season.

Sack Hinkley.

There were a few positives in the Clarkson interview as some have pointed our all ready, the point he made that he wants to sit back and wait, he wants the season to wait and see. This is good for us seeing we have an idiot for a president that says we will not sack a coach during a season.

Sack Hinkley.

This is all good to say when you're middle of the road. If we hang around the bottom 6 his tune will change. After north we have some challenging games, things could change very quickly

This is all good to say when you're middle of the road. If we hang around the bottom 6 his tune will change. After north we have some challenging games, things could change very quickly
I think he's a smart guy that can see a good list or at least it's potential, he know's Ken is an amateur coach.

Ken was good for the club in 2013, 2014, and deserved a crack at it again in 2015. Keen football judges at the club should have identified at that point he probably wasn't capable of finishing the job and began the search for the final piece of the coaching puzzle who could take what he and his well stocked football department started, and slam dunk it for a premiership. Sadly, we didn't have keen football judges at the club. If this club was actually living up to its own long established ethos Hinkley would have been amicably "let go" at that point, or moved into a mentoring type role.
The problem was in 2014 we built a glass cannon of a list - we had just enough to compete with our best 22, but take a few pieces out and it falls over fast.

That's why I gave him time after 2015. Even 2016 and 2017 I thought there were genuine excuses.

2018 and 2019 were the time when it was 100% clear we should go in another direction.

I thought the list was in very good shape in 2017 and enough depth was there, which was evident in the Magpies making the GF that year. The Power was able to have some really big wins against lower opposition but just didn't match it with the teams in the top 8.

He should have been sacked at the end of that year.

Is they sign Ken up some more I’ll
The club didn't renew club legend Jack Cahill's contract after two years of coaching our initial AFL team because they didn't see him as the coach to take us to a flag but here we are 10 seasons down the track and we are still persisting with Hinkley. As you say the difference is that we no longer have people who understand football and what is required to be successful running the club.

Difference is we had a ‘strategy’ when we entered, Jack leaving after two years would of been planned yeah?

We are currently sailing around the ocean hoping to snag a flag so Kochie and Ken can say ‘told you so’

WTF Leon Cameron stood down
Old School Vintage GIF by Devil's Garage

we need to lose this week, we have to lose this week. we just need to lose goddamit.
Nope we are winning our 4th consecutive game, "finals footy" will be back on the achievable list and Hinkley will justify another long term extension.

fml.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we need to lose this week, we have to lose this week. we just need to lose goddamit.
Na, **** that. He won’t last this contract without a flag. Wanting us to actually loose if ****ing stupid.

If we win this weekend which we should the whole hinkley narrative will be "are port fans ready to apologise" ,

Clausen of 2 guys 1 cup believes we only hate hinkley because he's not born in port adelaide and the hinkley pr team has strongly pushed that bullshit narrative nationally

Na, fu** that. He won’t last this contract without a flag. Wanting us to actually loose if ******* stupid.
I'd honestly be fine with him coaching out his final year this year if that was it.

The problem is his contract has us completely burning an entire season in 2023 as well. Ollie Wines will be ****ing 29 by the time he is gone. Let that sink in.

Have you had your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears since 2015?
I would’ve sacked him in 17 but he’s still here and I would hope the leaders of the club are backing him in. When we can’t challenge for a flag this year, if that’s at the bye or towards the end of the year that’s the time to move on.
Until then I’ll sure as shit not be actively wanting to loose.

I'd honestly be fine with him coaching out his final year this year if that was it.

The problem is his contract has us completely burning an entire season in 2023 as well. Ollie Wines will be ******* 29 by the time he is gone. Let that sink in.
Listening to Caro talk I don’t think that contract for next year means much.

Listening to Caro talk I don’t think that contract for next year means much.
It shouldn't but when our admin are jumping up and down with us being 3-5 (because somehow we now live on a planet where that is a good thing), I don't trust them to pull the plug any more.

It shouldn't but when our admin are jumping up and down with us being 3-5 (because somehow we now live on a planet where that is a good thing), I don't trust them to pull the plug any more.
It’s not but what are they supposed to do? Ken has a contract, his employer is backing him in (for now).
Honestly my worst case scenario is what is happening at GWS. We have a good list, Monty and Bass would take over as care taker, probably make the finals and be given the job. It can wait till The end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back