Opinion Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken just wants the 800 000 payout he would luv the club to sack him, but the clubs hands are tied. So even though koch guaranteed his position next year it still comes down to ken. Still think there is a chance he walks away and negotiates a 50% payout at seasons end. Otherwise he will probably throw in the towel midway next year, shows how selfish he is. Hopefully he realises how tough the summer and start of next season will be for him and makes a sensible call soon.

Nah just SANFL sooks saying Port should stop complaining about they don't get enough concessions.
Bitching about the sanfl, bitching about the prison bars,not sacking ken,board is full of whiny sooks incapable of doing anything, club could settle the prison bars once and for all and take Collingwood to court,crows reserves are doing ok under the sanfl rules yet we are blaming it for player development instead of looking within the club,it's all pathetic

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nah just SANFL sooks saying Port should stop complaining about they don't get enough concessions.
I heard about 2 mins.

Enough of hear Graham Point out how we made 3 grand finals in the SANFL in recent times (under completely different rules and conditions and AFL list sizes) and how that's proof nothing is broken

Ken just wants the 800 000 payout he would luv the club to sack him, but the clubs hands are tied. So even though koch guaranteed his position next year it still comes down to ken. Still think there is a chance he walks away and negotiates a 50% payout at seasons end. Otherwise he will probably throw in the towel midway next year, shows how selfish he is. Hopefully he realises how tough the summer and start of next season will be for him and makes a sensible call soon.
Like I posted earlier, if we could nut out a deal where GWS pays out Ken's contract or part of, something could happen hear. Ken would get his security, even if Ken takes $100,000 less p/a so GWS get there outlay for his contract at Port back.
Ken is a perfect fit for GWS imo, less pressure, nice life style and now he has robbed Port for a decade he has the finances to move. Hell the AFL might even help with his contract with the higher cost of living up there.

This is a win for all concerned and I believe is our only hope to get him gone. Ken will not walk without another job.

Some one 5aa Crow was saying Mitch G might end up back in the West next year.
Mg is happy at port and is contracted port would only trade him if there was a special opportunity at play which would lead to more than just a draft pick Being exchanged for mg eg. If Jhf was in play in a three way deal or something otherwise he will stay

I've said this before but this stuff about Port supporters being too demanding can f*** right off.

People talk about us like we're Geelong fans sitting through a decade without a premiership - but making finals regularly - having just enjoyed a triple premiership era.

We're a below par AFL club on any success metric you'd like to conjure. Flags, grand finals, finals. We haven't played in a grand final for 15 years and haven't won a grand final for 18 years. We have played finals 5 of the past 15 seasons.

People like Caro give me the strong impression when they say these things that they believe Port fans expect too much in that they should simply be happy to be in the league and that anything other than being totally s**t should be seen as a win. Sorry Caro, I don't support a football club simply to put a game on the fixture so that Richmond and all the other Victorian clubs can win premierships. I'd like to see my club compete for one occasionally too. Thanks!

’We expect to much’, ‘White Noise’, ‘Small vocal minority’, ‘Unintelligient supporters who know nothing about football’, ‘Sense of entitlement’, ‘Tough Competition’. Etc, etc, etc

It really is laughable, the more they try to normalise this crap, the further the club descends into the abyss. How dare we expect more? Even our current Board & President think we’re insolent & selfish for wanting more then just the crumbs that fall of the table.

According to Caro, GWS will not go after a contracted coach. We need to push Ken onto GWS.

More like "AFL House can't see Ken winning GWS a flag either, so rather than let him screw their hopes in a critical growth market why not let him see his days out at Port Irrelevant where a greater unwavering supporter base can be taken for granted". Thanks for passing on the message, Carobvious.

I mean why on earth would one AFL House controlled entity pay out a serially underperforming coach to go work at another AFL House controlled entity. Even for Gilligan, champion swimmer in the sewer of power that is AFL House, that would be too much inexcusable... waste.

I give a **** about the future of our game, against all its external competitors and its internal parasites, and we're in the bloody AFL because a bunch of Port people thought similarly about the future a few decades back. So yes I can see that pumping some success into GWS is more significant for AFL House's long term goals than any success we might earn here. I have understood that the (v)AFL wanted to grow without giving up any of their little vicpatches so they needed bigger territories to help pay for that, and in some way we and WA are just that. But at some point, AFL House will need to move Koch on for allowing Ken's not-good-enough for so long that a rot beyond mediocrity sets in and coincides with long simmering fan anger that turns into financial backward steps. 2011-12 people were rightly worried. Right now they are furious. Different ultimate causes. Much harder to "rebuild" when you've burned down the house waiting too long to put out the fire. AFL House don't care so much about us being successful but they need us to be functional, not burned to the ground.

’We expect to much’, ‘White Noise’, ‘Small vocal minority’, ‘Unintelligient supporters who know nothing about football’, ‘Sense of entitlement’, ‘Tough Competition’. Etc, etc, etc

It really is laughable, the more they try to normalise this crap, the further the club descends into the abyss. How dare we expect more? Even our current Board & President think we’re insolent & selfish for wanting more then just the crumbs that fall of the table.
Especially when they themselves share the "we expect to win" moniker and state 3 flags in 5 years.

I've said this before but this stuff about Port supporters being too demanding can f*** right off.

People talk about us like we're Geelong fans sitting through a decade without a premiership - but making finals regularly - having just enjoyed a triple premiership era.

We're a below par AFL club on any success metric you'd like to conjure. Flags, grand finals, finals. We haven't played in a grand final for 15 years and haven't won a grand final for 18 years. We have played finals 5 of the past 15 seasons.

People like Caro give me the strong impression when they say these things that they believe Port fans expect too much in that they should simply be happy to be in the league and that anything other than being totally s**t should be seen as a win. Sorry Caro, I don't support a football club simply to put a game on the fixture so that Richmond and all the other Victorian clubs can win premierships. I'd like to see my club compete for one occasionally too. Thanks!
This X Plenty, I suspect most in the Vic media see us as another Aints style club, ie win a few games here and there, make the finals every now and then but usually fall over when the real stuff starts, and be satisfied with competing in their fabulous `national' comp etc, etc.

We gave up WAY too much to accept that BS!

Why Hinkley should have entertained a move to the Suns​

Caroline Wilson

By Caroline Wilson

August 13, 2022 — 5.00am

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson

By Caroline Wilson

August 13, 2022 — 5.00am

Still think there's hope. Ken's wife thought life was unbearable a couple of years back what's coming is going to make that look a walk in the park. One of GWS or North is missing out on Clarkson. 2 more weeks and a negotiated payout. Its possible.

Dixon is completely dead to me. Just an obnoxious blow-in who got way too comfy.
IMO our side looked best this year when he was out and it was Hayes ruck, Todd, MG and Finlayson up forward. I bet any new coach would look at his age and average output for a supposed man mountain and think the same. Another in the save Hinkley (and screw the supporters) for his own skin.

Caroline Wilson

By Caroline Wilson

August 13, 2022 — 5.00am

Hopefully this is from Ken's manager trying to soften up the fact that he's defecting to GWS despite having the "full support of the board"

Of course all the crow supporting commentators love Hinkley.

I loved when Sando was the crows coach - I didn’t love sando because he was a good coach but I loved him at the crows.
I loved him for the heart-warming media pieces like "Our Sando abducts an elderly lady".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back