Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool. Since 2007 only 5 clubs haven’t made a grand final.

They are: Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton, Port Adelaide.

But you Port supporters ask too much. It’s not the SANFL. Be happy you’re in the bottom 5 of the league.

And we're the only club in that list to be minor premiers and have top 4 finishes. Outstanding.

How's Fagan... not even a single smile... that's what you want

Meanwhile if this was ken the fat campaigner would be doing cartwheels
Remember when Ken urged Boak to not celebrate too much in the immediate aftermath of the 2014 SF win vs Freo. Told him to keep a lid on the celebrations.

We’re a long way from that moment.

Anyone, player, champion of the club, Joe Blogs, that crosses that divide is lost to me. As much as I love Bucky and will never forget the left foot checkside goal he kicked in the '77 grand final, that opinion is not in line with the ethos of the PAFC Est 1870 as it once was.
That happened "right in front of me" right in front of me"

Considering Hinkley gets judged on home and away wins, explain this Koch, we are sitting home watching Carlton play off for a spot in a GF, a side that has averaged 13th at the end of the home & away games over the last 10 years.

Also note the improved finish in Hinkley's contract years.

2014 Port 5th Carlton 13th
2015 Port 9th Carlton 18th
2016 Port 10th Carlton 14th
2017 Port 5th Carlton 16th (Hinkley contract year.)
2018 Port 10th Carlton 18th
2019 Port 10th Carlton 16th
2020 Port 1st Carlton 11th (Hinkley contract year.)
2021 Port 2nd Carlton 13th
2022 Port 11th Carlton 9th
2023 Port 3rd Carlton 5th (Hinkley contract year.)
The correlation between the finishing position and contract years really gives me the shits. He's not capable of doing that by design. Seems the hand of fate has just shat down on us with great fury.

You know, when I put all pieces together, Ken always knew that this season was gone. The announcement that Brandon Zerk-Thatcher, Jordon Sweet and Esava Ratugolea are on Port's radar before finals was a clear sign that Hinkley knew our deficiencies (not his fault of course 11 years is not enough time.)
He probably used this excuse to Koch so he would give him another 2 years with these new pieces to the puzzle. these players would have been talked too well before finals, so again we have been bullshitted too we were never going to win anything, I for one never gave us any chance of making a GF. We all knew we had a short defense and a washed up Tom Jonas.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The correlation between the finishing position and contract years really gives me the shits. He's not capable of doing that by design. Seems the hand of fate has just shat down on us with great fury.
The players play for Ken and his contracts not the club and it's supporters, that's why when Ken got his 2 years it was mission accomplished.

Why can't any of the Hinkley apologists get this stat right?
View attachment 1812007
Yep, 2001 we didn't even make the preliminary final because we lost the semi to Hawthorn.

But three in a row fits with the narrative of Hinkley being just like Choco because Donuts has lost three prelims in the three years we've made finals in the last four years.

Yep, 2001 we didn't even make the preliminary final because we lost the semi to Hawthorn.

But three in a row fits with the narrative of Hinkley being just like Choco because Donuts has lost three prelims in the three years we've made finals in the last four years.
David "Mr Data" Koch said that Port lost in straight sets from 2001-2003.

It seems they know that SOMETHING happened three years in a row, but they're not sure what.

Cool. Since 2007 only 5 clubs haven’t made a grand final.

They are: Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Essendon, Carlton, Port Adelaide.

But you Port supporters ask too much. It’s not the SANFL. Be happy you’re in the bottom 5 of the league.
Exactly.
"It's not the SANFL anymore" is the most annoying ****in comment
No one ever expected to win every year in the AFL.
We're not even getting invited to the dance. One of only 5 teams. Fine company. Gold Coast - biggest basket case in sporting history, Essendon the drug cheats.
We just want to see some change.
The proof is clear af. Clubs need change on a regular basis. They just do.

David "Mr Data" Koch said that Port lost in straight sets from 2001-2003.

It seems they know that SOMETHING happened three years in a row, but they're not sure what.
Shows how stupid these people are. Going out in straight sets and losing a Preliminary Final are mutually exclusive. You must win at least a Qualifying Final to get to a Preliminary Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back