Autopsy Saints v Cats - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me or do the Cats play more Saturday night games more than any other team? It’s never prime time, that is for the evening game, it’s always slightly off it.

Mason wood gone backwards at 100 miles an hour, dumb football at the other end thinking Higgins was going to kick it 55m to

Saints have picked near the top of the draft for most of the last decade. Cats haven’t had many high draft picks because of their success.

But pick a best 22 across both lists and I’d be surprised if there were more than 4-5 saints players in it. It’s gruesome if you’re a saints fan imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins is doing a decent job as the one Saints player in front of the ball.
Been very good for them.
They'd kill for some class forward of the ball. Even if it's just a hard running HF type who gets it 15 times a game, but can actually hit up that last inside 50 kick.

Play Ross' cowards football then you deserve goalless quarters.

There was a small thing on a wing halfway through the quarter that was interesting. I think Clark or maybe Wilkie took a mark near halfway and they had a teammate 15m forward and I reckon almost every other player/team in the AFL would have taken the forward handball and kept the ball moving.

The Saints player hesitated, looked inward and then back, then kicked it down the ground to a contest.

Ross can say he wants to be more expansive. Pundits can tell us the stats say they’re more attacking than we punters think. But it’s an attitude that reveals itself across the game.

Saints fans, do you actually like Lyon football? Because I can't imagine how you can enjoy watching this every goddamn week, especially when you usually lose.
Yes, we do.

We actually try to play more attacking football and look so much better when we attack the corridor.

Our win vs Collingwood this year is ideally how we play.

I reckon we need Henry back in, play King as a CHF who uses his athletic abilities and need some game breaking mids (Phillipou hopefully will be this guy)

Our best vs our worst is the real issue, this is us at our bad.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints v Cats - AFL Rd 23, 2024 - Sat August 17th 7:30pm - (Marvel)

Back