Event SEASON 35 MOBBENFUHRER MEDAL NIGHT - 6PM AEST START - Congratulations Fridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 4
R04_Header.png

By Grand Uncle Horace

ROUND 4

This was a terrific round of Qooty with interesting results and stellar performances.

Mount Buller Demons v Baghdad Bombers

With the game at home many pundits thought the Dees were favourites. The First Quarter was hard and tough with the Bombers opening up a handy 13 point lead. The groans of local fans seemingly had an impact as Q2 saw the Dees on fire, booting 6 snags to 3 and taking an 8 point lead into half time. The Bombers fought back and had taken a narrow lead into 3/4 time. The game was pretty even in Q4 with the Bombers getting the win.

The game saw some terrific individual performances. For the winners, sharpshooter gab213 slotted 6 goals, kickthething had 13 HOs, 28 disposals, 4 tackles and a goal while SaintsSeptember had a stellar game with 36 disposals and a goal. For the unlucky Dees Hate shone with 8 HOs and 26 possies and received great ruckage support from Quivorir with 6 HOs , 22 disposals and 5 rib rattling tackles.

In a surprise for the home crowd, Headless failed to make any substantial contribution for the Demons. The peerless Headless had an off day with just 3 possessions in 58% game time.

Dragons FFC V West Coast Wonders

Bad kicking is bad Qooty while kicking straight is a great skill. This is an old adage in our wonderful game and so it proved true in this clash. The Dragons opened with 5 straight while a wasteful Wonders kicked 2-5. The hosts were not headed and when threatened , would dob a great goal. This continued through the game with Dragons running out winners by 7 points.

For the winners HawkAussie impressed with 23 disposals and 8 marks while wily veteran Pie 4 Life had 25 disposals and 6 tackles. For the visitors Brenton Davy dominated with 28 possies, 3 tackles and a couple of goals and some bloke in a toga laid ten tackles.

Gumbies v Gold City Royals

This was another game where the ability to kick straight for goals was important. In this case, the Gumbies despite being beaten across the park kicked truly and kept the final margin from completely blowing out. The Royals had a whopping 14 more scoring shots and won by a comfortable 34 points.

For the winners there were some fantastic performances. CakeEater had a day out with 28 disposals, 3 tackles and 2 goals, Cadsky had his mitts on the pill 25 times, had 8 tackles and slotted 3 majors. Ulahoopski with 22 disposals and 8 marks while the gnarly GreyCrow had a ding ding ruck battle with Gumbies ruck Falconista who had a huge 34 disposals to go with 13 HOs and 4 tackles.

Roys FFC v Ophidian Old Boys

This was a match up everyone looked forward to. The Roys got away to a good lead at Quarter Time and increased this to 50 points by 3/4 time. Facing a terrible shellacking the OOBS fought back in the last to reduce the final margin to 24 points.

For the winners, canny sharpshooter Mooch was a threat all day with 6 goals, veteran 3KZ is Football had a day out with with 26 disposals and 8 towering marks and the frankly terrifying Allikat had 3 life threatening tackles to go with 23 disposals. For the disappointing OOBs, Callums_Guns could hold his head up with 23 disposals, 6 marks and 3 goals.

It was a dirty day for controversial player Bonz who had no possessions but laid one tackle which to this observer looked more like he was attempting to sit in zackah 's lap.

Coney Island Warriors v Las Vegas Bears

This match pitted an improving Wazzes team against the mercurial Bears. This observer thought it would be a match for the ages but it was not to be. The Bears jumped to an early lead and built on this to be ahead by 42 points at 3/4 time. In the last quarter the Wazzes found their mojo and reduced the margin to 18 points at the final siren.

For the Bears, none were better than Cap who dominated with 14 HOs, 28 possessions, 4 rib rattling tackles and 3 snags. Cap was well supported by RonnieRaven with 26 disposals and 3 goals and Jezmiester40 with 19 disposals and 3 goals. For the hosts the clear best was the determined Dinsdale with 23 disposals, 4 tackles and two goals.

Sin City Swamprats v East Side Phoenix

The last match of the Round saw the heavily favoured Swampies take on a Phoenician team that had been struggling in the early rounds. The 1stQ saw a massive shock as East Side completely dominated the hosts. At quarter time the visitors had slammed on 5-1 while the Rats did not trouble the Scorer. Thereafter the Rats played catch up Qooty but failed to get the win.
For the winners MP_ left their mark with 18 disposals, 5 tackles and a goal. por_please_ya with 20 disposals, 3 marks and a goal and The Blue Weirdo with 13 disposals and 3 straight goals provided crucial support.

For the unlucky Rats Dominic03 with 24 possies and 8 huge marks and Grav with 18 possessions and 5 tackles never stopped trying.

04CIWLVB.png 04DRAWCW.png 04GUMGCR.png 04MBDBOM.png 04ROYOOB.png 04SCSESP.png

me when FootyGuy13's prediction is wrong

lucy-cyberpunk.gif
episode 7 monty burns GIF
tigs2010's time to shine!
how TF does 27 disposals, 10 marks and 2 goals not poll?????
Hey, at least I have you getting a vote in the last round.

Leaderboard after Round 4
Round 03:

4ald9Mh.png

Votes by Mrs Turbo in Round 03 bring up the club's 50th career vote... In the range of a few thousand behind every other club. They'll get there one day!

Round 04:

fcIafui.png

Demons rookie, cartwright, who put up big numbers in the midfield this season, gets their first career votes!

JQxQc1L.png

A solitary vote for Ligma sees their tally get off the ground!

Roaming Cheese Pt 1
1669369515428.png

Frothies Mcveigh & Cubs2Lions

Cheese:
Hi Frothies & C2L
It is great to see a couple of my Wonders Teammates expected to poll well in the S35 Mobbs Medal

Would you prefer a Premiership or a MM if you could only choose one?

Frothies: As much as I’d like a Mitch Morton of my very own, I think I’ll have to take the premiership. But only just.

C2L: Would much prefer a premiership over the Mobbs Medal anytime, cause everyone knows that the Amazing Ralph prefers playing for his team over individual achievements in life.

Cheese: Who do you think will win this prestigious award (if it is not you)?

Frothies: Prestigious? Have you seen the last couple of winners?

Cheese: 😮

C2L: Everyone at the Wonders cause Ralph loves all his teammates.

Cheese: I hope that one of you can win another Mobbs for the mighty Wonders … or better still, share the honour

tigs2010

Cheese:
Good evening tigs

Thanks for joining us via satellite from your End of Season Trip?

tigs: Well after spending 3 seasons with a bunch of old bastards I decided to escape overseas to feel youthful again, however with a 2 year old in tow I now just feel tired, old and cranky. I basically feel like Mobbs

Cheese: You are expected to win a few Votes in this Season’s Mobbs Medal

Do you think you will finish ahead of Zevon ?

It’s insulting you would even ask.

Cheese: Speaking of Mobbs, I heard that he is returning to The Roys Retirement Village in S36

How do you feel about this?

tigs: I’m sure I changed the locks but this may require some further investigation on my part. Know any locksmiths?

Cheese: If I knew a locksmith, I would lock Brenton Davy out of The Wonders’ Clubrooms

Enjoy the rest of your holiday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1720016

Cheese:
Hi Frothies & C2L
It is great to see a couple of my Wonders Teammates expected to poll well in the S35 Mobbs Medal

Frothies: As much as I’d like a Mitch Morton of my very own, I think I’ll have to take the premiership. But only just.

C2L: Would much prefer a premiership over the Mobbs Medal anytime, cause everyone knows that the Amazing Ralph prefers playing for his team over individual achievements in life.

Cheese: I hope that one of you can win another Mobbs for the mighty Wonders … or better still, share the honour

tigs2010

Cheese:
Good evening tigs

tigs: Well after spending 3 seasons with a bunch of old bastards I decided to escape overseas to feel youthful again, however with a 2 year old in tow I now just feel tired, old and cranky. I basically feel like Mobbs

Cheese: Speaking of Mobbs, I heard that he is returning to The Roys Retirement Village in S36

tigs: I’m sure I changed the locks but this may require some further investigation on my part. Know any locksmiths?

Cheese: If I knew a locksmith, I would lock Brenton Davy out of The Wonders’ Clubrooms

I would have been nicer if I’d known this was being published 😬

View attachment 1720016

Cheese:
Hi Frothies & C2L

tigs2010

Cheese:
Good evening tigs

Lol. Take more than that to keep me out

View attachment 1720016

Cheese:
Hi Frothies & C2L

tigs2010

Cheese:
Good evening tigs

Is this supposed to be funny?

Fred Medal
FRED_MEDAL.png

Now it is time present the one award where we all already know who it's going to. The leading goal kicker for Season 35 is gab213 with 73 goals after 16 games in the Home and Away.

I've highlighted his dominance as a goal scorer already in the All-SFA presentation but just to revisit his impressive record:

"Full forward for the All-SFA team in his first appearance is the Fred Medalist gab213 of the Baghdad Bombers. Consistency is his middle name in Season 35 as gab213 was dominant among full forwards winning the Fred Medal race by a comfortable 10 goal margin in the end. He started the season slowly with just 5 goals in the opening 3 games but from there kicked 5+ goals in 10 of the next 13 games."

Congratulations on well-earned Fred Medal gab213!

Happy New Year GIF by Bounce

View attachment 1720021

Now it is time present the one award where we all already know who it's going to. The leading goal kicker for Season 35 is gab213 with 73 goals after 16 games in the Home and Away.

I've highlighted his dominance as a goal scorer already in the All-SFA presentation but just to revisit his impressive record:

"Full forward for the All-SFA team in his first appearance is the Fred Medalist gab213 of the Baghdad Bombers. Consistency is his middle name in Season 35 as gab213 was dominant among full forwards winning the Fred Medal race by a comfortable 10 goal margin in the end. He started the season slowly with just 5 goals in the opening 3 games but from there kicked 5+ goals in 10 of the next 13 games."

Congratulations on well-earned Fred Medal gab213!

Happy New Year GIF by Bounce
Will get to 1,000 before okeydoke7

how TF does 27 disposals, 10 marks and 2 goals not poll?????
I'm just too damn freewheeling on the outside for the Mobbs machine this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Event SEASON 35 MOBBENFUHRER MEDAL NIGHT - 6PM AEST START - Congratulations Fridge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back