No Oppo Supporters St.Kilda sack Brett Ratten

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeez - I must wrong.

Can someone go down to Moorabbin and take a photo of our second Premiership Cup for me. Didn't see it when I was down there last.

Lose

verb
fail to win (a game or contest)

Chris Scott's finals record is rubbish but that doesn't stop him being one of the best coaches in the game.

Ross leaving was more the fault of the board than of Ross. Freo were ruthless and swooped in with huge money and the Saints were too slow to react.

I agree that he's got an ego but that's what the club needs.

Grabbing the next young tactician could go in all sorts of ways - Scott Watters was the 2IC of a legend, Alan Richardson was a "youth development guru", Brett Ratten dragged a list worse than ours into finals AND had learned under Clarko.

Adam Yze could be a genius but he's also been passed over a few times. Even Adam Kingsley (who we were happy to see the back of) has found a gig before him.

Ross can come in and slap people around. The players have run things for far too long.
Clarkson - Huge ego. Wall puncher and puncher of fans.

Hardwick - Huge ego. Wall puncher and happy to do whatever he likes in his private life.

Scott - Enormous ego. Tried to fight players on the field if they say something he doesn’t like. Puncher if phones.

I think there may be a trend…

Jeez - I must wrong.

Can someone go down to Moorabbin and take a photo of our second Premiership Cup for me. Didn't see it when I was down there last.
Just admit he hasn’t lost four grand finals and move along. If you haven’t doubled down about it you wouldn’t need to be so embarrassed.

And as long as it’s not Malthouse or Hird 😳 I’ll back the club in too.

Maybe I’m too trusting, but I think Basset is one tough bastard who’s had it up to here with mediocrity, so I’ll back him in to make the correct choice - even though they did make the mistake backing in Ratts.

You could see it really troubled him to reverse that call and correct the mistake, but he did it nevertheless.
100%. I mean I have concerns just cause we’ve ****ed up a lot of coaching appointments in recent times but the review, the action and the current state speaks to results focus and process… but if they appoint Hird I’m out on footy altogether.

He backed out of the Essendon and Carlton ones as soon as he was told he had to participate in the process and want going to be handed the job.

He's not going to be suddenly happy to be put against other candidates for this job.
Well then he’ll walk.
You can’t tell me, that after making the call they’ve just made, they’re going to gift it to him without some intense discussion about everything. Maybe not the full on process they would with a rookie coach, but they’re not just going to gift it to him.

Wasn’t it Richo you refused to interview second time round? I cannot believe they would do that again.

And you know this how?
Backed out of Carlton job because he was told he had it and then Carlton decided to go through a process, to please the press

Essendon because he knew about saints job and who would go to Essendon anyhow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets face it. It's not going to be a real process because Ross refuses to partipcate in one.

Process is everything from interviewing him to find out what he thinks he could achieve with this lot to looking at his CV and assessing it against others to full board meeting presentations and written submissions with mission statement crap.

He seems to have rejected the idea that he should bring a powerpoint to a board meeting to have a show of process for a club that had already made a decision on their coach. He's basically didn't want the indignity of it because in the media he would have had a fair idea who had serious places for him.

He's smartly rejected even going to look at Essendon because he could smell the trash fire.

He's a wily campaigner, he doesn't walk into clubs where the hard work isn't at least partially done for him but he's more a fixer than a builder.

Most of what he's about is already in front of you or you could Google it and they could zoom call and ask him the rest.

Like when businesses internally recruit someone and bring in dozen people for interviews who have no chance at getting it, a lot of process can be for show and to say you ran a process. The AFL is like that often these days.

He backed out of the Essendon and Carlton ones as soon as he was told he had to participate in the process and want going to be handed the job.

He's not going to be suddenly happy to be put against other candidates for this job.
No.
He said he didn’t feel the Essendon job was the right fit for him, reading between the lines I think he saw the club was in disarray too.

How do you know he bailed out of Carlton because he had to do an interview? Where was this ever stated.

Well then he’ll walk.
You can’t tell me, that after making the call they’ve just made, they’re going to gift it to him without some intense discussion about everything. Maybe not the full on process they would with a rookie coach, but they’re not just going to gift it to him.

Wasn’t it Richo you refused to interview second time round? I cannot believe they would do that again.
If you believe the whispers that Ross is already over the line, they clearly haven't done even a half assed process and talked to other potential candidate.

The Richo not doing an interview is something that was twisted on here and then became truth. He initially turned down applying for the job but after being contacted directly and told our interest in him was serious based off what he presented 2 year priors, he then interviewed.

Backed out of Carlton job because he was told he had it and then Carlton decided to go through a process, to please the press

Essendon because he knew about saints job and who would go to Essendon anyhow
Don’t blame him in either case then.

Clarkson - Huge ego. Wall puncher and puncher of fans.

Hardwick - Huge ego. Wall puncher and happy to do whatever he likes in his private life.

Scott - Enormous ego. Tried to fight players on the field if they say something he doesn’t like. Puncher if phones.

I think there may be a trend…

Maybe Ross can break the trend and start the mincey walkers with man boobs who smile when shit ****s up trend.

Process is everything from interviewing him to find out what he thinks he could achieve with this lot to looking at his CV and assessing it against others to full board meeting presentations and written submissions with mission statement crap.

He seems to have rejected the idea that he should bring a powerpoint to a board meeting to have a show of process for a club that had already made a decision on their coach. He's basically didn't want the indignity of it because in the media he would have had a fair idea who had serious places for him.

He's smartly rejected even going to look at Essendon because he could smell the trash fire.

He's a wily campaigner, he doesn't walk into clubs where the hard work isn't at least partially done for him but he's more a fixer than a builder.

Most of what he's about is already in front of you or you could Google it and they could zoom call and ask him the rest.

Like when businesses internally recruit someone and bring in dozen people for interviews who have no chance at getting it, a lot of process can be for show and to say you ran a process. The AFL is like that often these days.
I only like the PowerPoint cause
1- it shows he’s keen, make the effort and show us you’re still champing at the bit to get back in the chair and
2- hell do the list review and tell us what the roadmap is

It’s not “necessary” but it can be insightful. If he shows up to that with one slide with word art headings then I’m not sure I want him.

Imo if we are not careful the same could happen again. Unfortunately for Ross his teams have not shown an ability, at this stage, to continually reinvigorate the list and keep strong.
His teams have worked themselves to the bone and fallen off a cliff. I don't want that.
We've talked ad nauseum about this.
I reckon if I went through the posts over the years there will be a number of posters that acknowledge his faults and the consequences of those. I want to know what we are putting in place to make sure those faults don't resurface.
And if they do, do those in charge in the Football Department have the balls to go against him.

And not directed at you but this suggestion that he needs an Offensive Coordinator to help him. Whoever it is best be strong willed. It can't be Roo or BJ or one of the old boys.
So did clarkos teams, they fell off a cliff twice.
Bevos team as well.
The only one that hasn't are the cats. So your point is really null

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

No.
He said he didn’t feel the Essendon job was the right fit for him, reading between the lines I think he saw the club was in disarray too.

How do you know he bailed out of Carlton because he had to do an interview? Where was this ever stated.
I’m not backing that he bailed on both because of a process but it was certainly reported as such.

He’s said that wasn’t the case, media said it was, I suspect there is some truth to it (noting essendons whole
Shit show only strengthens that Ross has a top shelf bullshit meter)

He had success playing a style of football that is outdated. There's nothing available that suggests he would have success with present day strategy. If he was an assistant somewhere then I think it would hold a mountain of weight, but he wasn't coaching at any level.
Actually there is every bit of evidence to suggest he would be fine. The cats, Swan, tigers are all a defence first team who can catapult off half back.
That's a Ross Lyon trait he's had since his Sydney days

On SM-F711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If someone who hasn't coached for 3 years and coached a poor side in their last 4 years before getting sacked isn't willing to get up and present for a job, that's a massive red flag.

No.

Just going off what was reported.

This narrative he turned down Essendon because he wanted the Saints job is a fun one though. How incredibly cruel to make Ratts beg for his job for a week if we had already hired a new coach a month ago.

If someone who hasn't coached for 3 years and coached a poor side in their last 4 years before getting sacked isn't willing to get up and present for a job, that's a massive red flag.
I’d think he will have to present for the job but I doubt he needs to do power point presentations or stuff that a first time coach would have do and that seems fair enough to me. We just need to ask the right questions. He will need to give the right answers. If he does the process of finding a coach finishes straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back