Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2 things that we constantly do that really shit me were on full display today.
  • The Bobble balls, fmd whether flippant handball or dumb knock ons, or over running the ball, we let dangerous loose balls get out for our opposition right at the times when we can least afford it. No value in ball security.
  • Why the **** we fall over so much? We slip, fall, knock each other over more than any other team without a ****ing doubt. No value in keeping your feet.

• Why the **** we fall over so much? We slip, fall, knock each other over more than any other team without a ****ing doubt. No value in keeping your feet.
I noticed a whole bunch of players gor given new boors this week. Did they wear them? I didn't take any noting, but it did make me wonder if new boots need to be run in or not?

Don't know how you come back from that. Didn't Geelong get flogged several times in GFs in the 90s... and were never heard of again?
I thought this squad had two or three premierships in it but after this latest capitulation I don't see them winning anything. We look at million dollars as May champions but we fold like a pack of cards when the whips are cracking. We're a punchline.

Why bother?
Better to lose the prelim or go out in straight sets that serve up that shit.
I felt we were ****ed when we entered the field. Blakey's eyes were rolling about like he didn't know whether to shit or pull-up his pants. Now I get it that Blakey is as smart as a sack full of hammers but he was a deer in the headlights before he took the field. We were woefully prepared.

How has the "just another game" gone so far horse? It's not "just another game" it is a Grand ****ing Final.
The premiership window just now slammed shut. Two beltings and no one recovers.

But Warner, Heeney, Gulden aren’t going anywhere.

And when you do crack it, and it WILL happen, it will be worth all this hurt.
Well apparently Warner is going somewhere because we have to recruit most of our list from other states so whoopdy ****in doo.

Let us know if there are any draftees you lot like the look of this year maybe we can develop them for a couple of years then send them back home.

Don't know how you come back from that. Didn't Geelong get flogged several times in GFs in the 90s... and were never heard of again?
I thought this squad had two or three premierships in it but after this latest capitulation I don't see them winning anything. We look at million dollars as May champions but we fold like a pack of cards when the whips are cracking. We're a punchline.
I thought we had two or three premierships in us when Buddy arrived. Seems to be a recurring theme.

I don't blame Longmire for any of our losses, including today, but in 2012 Hawthorn was all over us for 90% of that game.

If they had taken a third of their opportunities then we would have lost easily.
I’ve said it before.
I’ll repeat it now.
Horse won that 2012 flag with the players recruited to the club by Roos.
They were the true Bloods.
A defensive mind set. Beat your opponent first. Attack from there.
They fought it out. Never lost by a lot.
All Roos’ players.
We lost against the Dogs in 2016 with still a good portion of those guys in the side but not by much.
The club doesn’t have that in our DNA anymore. It went with Kennedy.
Yeah we have Parker, Lloyd, Rampe but their performances in GFs have been underwhelming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans lost it psychologically.
It was clearly evident within the first 10 minutes. Hack kicks into the forward line with no smooth, calm ball movement. There was an absence of physically.
It was weak, timid an looked unprepared. Players were panicking. There was no leadership.
The Swans gave up.
They didn’t attempt to fight back.
Repeat humiliation in Grand Finals is club destroying.
They will not be playing finals in 2025.

Oscar The Grouch Idk GIF by Sesame Street

It is a clearance issue.

Longmire does not value the clearances, he is happy to let the opposition win it and Sydney will win it back on turnover. The problem is in the 2014, 2022 and 2024 Grand Finals we have been smashed in the clearances, giving the opposition such easy ball that they don't turn it over (plus they made the Grand Final, so they likely turn it over less than the average side anyway) meaning we are being smashed in the clearances and not getting the ball back much in turnover, meaning we are not winning the ball anywhere near as much as the opposition.
We also have a poor contested marking record. One on one contests mustn’t be trained at the Swans. Marking drill must not be a thing
Watch us miss finals next year
We should.
That’s when hard decisions are made & players who aren’t invested want out.

Swans lost it psychologically.
It was clearly evident within the first 10 minutes. Hack kicks into the forward line with no smooth, calm ball movement. There was an absence of physically.
It was weak, timid an looked unprepared. Players were panicking. There was no leadership.
The Swans gave up.
They didn’t attempt to fight back.
Repeat humiliation in Grand Finals is club destroying.
They will not be playing finals in 2025.
Won't be your team taking our place in the 8 next year. Have a great summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Sydney Legacy in Grand Finals continues 10 goal loss to the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back