Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I initially thought that's a nice picture of Graham and his four children. Then a cold shiver ran through me.

My wife ... non-footy fan from Qld saw Gra gra with Nicole and all the kids a few years ago at Somerton beach ...

"Isnt it nice to see a grandpa with all his grandkids"

I explained who was who... my Wife "ewww"

In 1990 when we made our first attempt to join the AFL one of our most compelling arguments, and the one that did it for me, was that we did not want to see our Club playing in some feeder league before 1500 people at Alberton. In the WAFL their crowds had dropped to that level after the WCE joined the AFL. To most of us the prospect of having the most successful senior football club in the land playing in front of 1500 people was unacceptable and how right we were.

To all those disgruntled SANFL supporters out there we need simply say, 'we were right and you missed the boat'.

PS Mick, I looked through a couple of old PAFC Annual reports and in 1982 we had six minor round games with attendances of 17,500 or more. In the last minor round game of 1981 we had 35,213 to watch us play Norwood at Football Park. That is a crowd that many AFL clubs would kill for. Earlier that year we had 26,107 watch us play Sturt at the same venue. Going from those attendances to crowds of 1500 definitely made a move to the AFL a 'no brainer' for me.

Vale Bruce Webber :footy:

Rooch must have been miffed that he wasn't asked.

Actually on this, I remember attending a training some time after rooch had written an article about tredrea needing to retire. Tredrea was coming off playing a big game. Rooch was there leaning on the fence. Tredrea was doing sprints on the boundary line near rooch. Tredrea said "Here to write another ****ing article about how I should retire, rooch?" as he started another sprint. Rooch didn't reply.

Lel.

View attachment 167623
Graham Cornes with children Chad, Nicole, Kane and Amy.
Oh dear God she looks the same age as his young children. That is seriously creepy and disturbing
In 2004 Billy Joel married his 3rd wife, Katie Lee when he was 55 and she was 23. His daughter, Alexa, was 18 at the time and was maid of honour. He divorced in 2010 and re-married in 2015. At the time he was 66, his wife was 33 and his daughter was 29. Now, that IS creepy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually on this, I remember attending a training some time after rooch had written an article about tredrea needing to retire. Tredrea was coming off playing a big game. Rooch was there leaning on the fence. Tredrea was doing sprints on the boundary line near rooch. Tredrea said "Here to write another ******* article about how I should retire, rooch?" as he started another sprint. Rooch didn't reply.

Lel.

Perhaps back then, as now, Rooch got his story ideas from this board ;)

I know I shouldn't have watched the show at all but I just counted 5 players from West Lakes in Lloyd's AA team... WTAF.

I can't think of any team that's finished lower than 4th with more than 3 members in that team.

Like I said, I know I shouldn't have watched the show...

I know I shouldn't have watched the show at all but I just counted 5 players from West Lakes in Lloyd's AA team... WTAF.

I can't think of any team that's finished lower than 4th with more than 3 members in that team.

Like I said, I know I shouldn't have watched the show...
Which players that he mentioned do you disagree with?

In 1990 when we made our first attempt to join the AFL one of our most compelling arguments, and the one that did it for me, was that we did not want to see our Club playing in some feeder league before 1500 people at Alberton. In the WAFL their crowds had dropped to that level after the WCE joined the AFL. To most of us the prospect of having the most successful senior football club in the land playing in front of 1500 people was unacceptable and how right we were.

To all those disgruntled SANFL supporters out there we need simply say, 'we were right and you missed the boat'.

PS Mick, I looked through a couple of old PAFC Annual reports and in 1982 we had six minor round games with attendances of 17,500 or more. In the last minor round game of 1981 we had 35,213 to watch us play Norwood at Football Park. That is a crowd that many AFL clubs would kill for. Earlier that year we had 26,107 watch us play Sturt at the same venue. Going from those attendances to crowds of 1500 definitely made a move to the AFL a 'no brainer' for me.

The thing is, if Weber didn't convince the board to make a move, Port would have been overlooked by the football establishment in SA.
They wanted a composite team first and the second license would have gone to Norwood or a hybrid Sturtwood.

If Port didn't make their move in '90, we were dead in the water, regardless of our history and record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back