Toast The Rivalry has Commenced

Remove this Banner Ad

Hold up, the goat has been a long-running member of this site and has been right about some of his opinions in the past. I know you weren't to know about his history on the board as you have only just joined. I'm not saying I agree with everything he says, because I don't, but he is just expressing a contrary view and he has a point about the arrogance. The Giants went in harder than us and deserved the win.

Sure but at the same time i dont want to keep reading the same hysteria about the buddy deal until the end of the year. I rather us wait a year to gauge his impact at the swans.

At the moment its nothing but heresy and assumptions and its not even the end of round 1.

We lost to GWS becasue we didnt expect it, we assumed an easy win, that i will agree upon. But in no way is the fault of Franklin or the supposed negative impact he has had on the team since we signed him. Where are the signs that players are discontent..show me?

And anyone denying the discontent in player ranks is fooling themselves.

Tell me how this massive assumption is anywhere good for the discussion of Franklins value to the swans?

Okay, much better I just kiss ring for the next nine years ... yours, Buddy's, management's ... where's the sanctimonious attitude? I stated an opinion, one I've held for months ... maybe about as long as you've been a member of the board. You wanna keep your head in the sand, that's fine.

I did say i didnt expect you sit there and not say anything for 9 years, did you miss that bit?

And anyone denying the discontent in player ranks is fooling themselves.

How is this any helpful to the discussion, do you know for a fact there are rumblings within the confines at driver avenue?

If you don't want to read it, its simple DON'T

Well it is a public forum Bedford after all and its not like i walked into a private a conversation between a few blokes.

Dont be simplistic and easily dismissive of others opinions, if i wanted that kind of dialogue and discussion i would spend time on the main board or commenting on herald sun articles.

All i am saying is lets tone the buddy bullshit at least until the mid season break.

Sure but at the same time i dont want to keep reading the same hysteria about the buddy deal until the end of the year. I rather us wait a year to gauge his impact at the swans.

At the moment its nothing but heresy and assumptions and its not even the end of round 1.

World's most relevant and appropriate typo ever!

it's western sydney, this is an area we're people wonder down to crime scenes so they can wave at the tv cameras and pull faces behind the reporter.

western sydney and class is like alkali metals and water.
That's a pretty stupid cliche. I presume you're trying to be funny, but having grown up in the western suburbs I still find this kind of talk annoying and not funny.

It was always going to happen. When they start off you sort of them at them and think their attempts at creating a rivalry with you are cute. That is until they beat you and all those young players that you enjoyed watching now suddenly fill you with feelings of hatred and loathing. Add to the fact that you are trying to compete for the same target audience in a saturated sporting market and it's only going to get more heated later on.

Ha ... and you wonder why they're extra pleased to beat us? And why the rest of the friggin league are revelling in the result? ... This is typical of the arrogance that has spread through this board in recent years and was particularly prevalent before every game v the Giants. Not any more.

"They are a waste of time", "They don't seem like a real team"??? Yet they fckng smashed us, they deserved to win and we deserved to get our quoits kicked.

When does the complacency dry up on this board? How about some credit where its due ... well done to the Giants; for starters, they've now done more than their share in turning this into a genuine rivalry, which, whether we as Swans fans like it or not right now, is great for the future of football in Sydney.

For starters, good on Mumford for his reminder to Sydney management what the club gave up to get Franklin. Let's hope Pyke doesn't go down with a long-term injury, our troubles might be only just starting.

I've said it before and will say it again now, and I don't care about copping flak, whatever the outcome of the next few season; we jumped the shark signing Franklin. And anyone denying the discontent in player ranks is fooling themselves. This is round 1, I concede that, and I'll be more than happy to stand up and apologise if the Franklin deal delivers us a flag this season and in years to come but I have grave fears for the immediate future of our club.

some fair points there from a respected poster and i will take them on board.

my comments were a bit in the aftermath of bitterness so i would temper them with a feeling of surprise and upset at the time.

no doubt at all they deserved the win and to be honest we deserved to be smashed.

my feeling toward the giants concept though is i dont understand it, i didnt see the need for it. Do i respect the list build and the way they played on the weekend, hell yeah they were great, for a neutral fantastic

i see your points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really 36,000 vs what? 700 actual GWS fans and 8,000 people who hate the swans?

That's not a showdown style hatred the moment GWS start dominating they won't even have the 8,000 peasants they have now, their supporter base consists solely of ex-pat Victorian flogs they still follow scumbag sides like Collingwood (as demonstrated by their sub human behaviour) they buy gws memberships because their cheap that's it. This outburst of public masturbation of our loss says it all, nobody cares that GWS won, only that we lost.

The moment these clowns defeat the actual team's that the GWS fans actually support it will be left to wither a way to dust.

Well said.

I remember in the early days when they came into the comp, that we had a thread on here where quite a few Swans supporters were discussing how they would have dual memberships so as to help the game in NSW.
A few people, including myself, showed their discontent at this & we were lambasted for questioning their loyalty to the Swans.
All this when all we were doing was posting our strong opinion on the matter on OUR VERY OWN Swans board.

Are those same people still Swans fans & if they attended the other night, which team did they cheer for the loudest?
The ones in red & white or the orange ones that kept harrassing, niggling, wrestling, jumper punching, shoving, punching, sledging, etc, etc, etc.......................our well loved & respected players?

This is the very thing that made me sick in the stomach that any real passionate Swans supporter could even contemplate buying a m'ship from our direct rivals when they could have used that money to purchase a bigger m'ship for the Swans or better still, buy a m'ship or two for a mate or family member that had no intention of buying one. That is how you support your club.

No doubt I'll stir someone up over this but I'm really curious to know as to why any LOYAL Swan supporter would still have a GWS m'ship, that hasn't been torn up, in their wallets.

But hey! Nothing surprises me in life anymore! We all have choices.
No apologies if I've offended anyone by the way.
Tell someone who cares!

Totally subjective there Bedford. Confirmation bias and all that.

There seems to be a small collective of older swans fans on here who feel as the older statesmen they have a right to think they have more of an understanding of the game than the rest of us because you know they watched Skilton debut.

Like anywhere & with anything in life today Pepski. All the youngies want everything right now. How about you continue just posting your thoughts & opinions & accept that not everyone is going to embrace that opinion. This doesn't mean you are wrong though. But to keep banging on about who has been here the longest & how they think they have more right to an opinion than you do, is the wrong way to go about it on here.

I'll read your posts. I won't necessarily agree with everything on a certain topic but I may back you up on another topic, but one thing's for sure. Posts like the one I've quoted above are not something I enjoy reading on the Swans board.

Just settle.

Well said.

I remember in the early days when they came into the comp, that we had a thread on here where quite a few Swans supporters were discussing how they would have dual memberships so as to help the game in NSW.
A few people, including myself, showed their discontent at this & we were lambasted for questioning their loyalty to the Swans.
All this when all we were doing was posting our strong opinion on the matter on OUR VERY OWN Swans board.

Are those same people still Swans fans & if they attended the other night, which team did they cheer for the loudest?
The ones in red & white or the orange ones that kept harrassing, niggling, wrestling, jumper punching, shoving, punching, sledging, etc, etc, etc.......................our well loved & respected players?

This is the very thing that made me sick in the stomach that any real passionate Swans supporter could even contemplate buying a m'ship from our direct rivals when they could have used that money to purchase a bigger m'ship for the Swans or better still, buy a m'ship or two for a mate or family member that had no intention of buying one. That is how you support your club.

No doubt I'll stir someone up over this but I'm really curious to know as to why any LOYAL Swan supporter would still have a GWS m'ship, that hasn't been torn up, in their wallets.

But hey! Nothing surprises me in life anymore! We all have choices.
No apologies if I've offended anyone by the way.
Tell someone who cares!

I made a similar point but it was deleted a few days ago.

How could anyone in red and white be happy in buying GWS memberships, especially NOW knowing the manner in which they were happy to disrespect one of our players. I have a thick skin and am all for some niggling..but to go out of your way and start taunting a player who through no fault of his own and just bad luck missed out on what every one that plays AFL sets out to do, well thats low. If Benny missed out on a flag due to suspension or through ill discipline..OK game on..but he was injured..a friggen injury!

It just smacks of Kevein Sheedy school for bastard behaviour. He would have pulled aside some of the young players and encouraged them to remind benny of his missed premiership.

You are either with us or against us, none of this touchy feely i want to contribute to the growth in sydney crapola. If you want to go to a GWS just pay general admission which is what 20 bucks? Dont hand over a lump sum to them..use the same money to buy something from the swans shop or buy a membership for a young nephew or niece.

The post was deleted because we specifically asked people (not just you) to move on from the topic of dual memberships as in the past it has been impossible to have a discussion on this board about the topic without it becoming personal. I understand your point, but please keep the above in mind when posting as no further warnings will be given (this applies to everyone).

Ok fair enough BUT it is a passionate topic that needs to be discussed, albeit in a proper manner, but it needs discussing.

You be

How could anyone in red and white be happy in buying GWS memberships, especially NOW knowing the manner in which they were happy to disrespect one of our players. I have a thick skin and am all for some niggling..but to go out of your way and start taunting a player who through no fault of his own and just bad luck missed out on what every one that plays AFL sets out to do, well thats low. If Benny missed out on a flag due to suspension or through ill discipline..OK game on..but he was injured..a friggen injury!

It just smacks of Kevein Sheedy school for bastard behaviour. He would have pulled aside some of the young players and encouraged them to remind benny of his missed premiership.

You are either with us or against us, none of this touchy feely i want to contribute to the growth in sydney crapola. If you want to go to a GWS just pay general admission which is what 20 bucks? Dont hand over a lump sum to them..use the same money to buy something from the swans shop or buy a membership for a young nephew or niece.

You believe no Swans player has ever sledged a GWS player, or in fact any opposing player? You don't think McGlynn himself ever mouthed off at some of the yougn Giants players in previous seasons?

Ok fair enough BUT it is a passionate topic that needs to be discussed, albeit in a proper manner, but it needs discussing.

Does it really? The discussion has been done to death, and always devolved into accusations of people who do being "not real fans". I highly doubt there will be many genuine Swans fans buying GWS memberships beyond this year, as they are beginning to establish themselves (and just beat us, the ****ers). So it's pretty much done. Let's just leave it.

Done! Now keeping on topic!
I hate GWS!
I want to take one of their players that suits a role we need, every year at what ever opportunity we have.
I especially don't like their management.

Go Bloods!

They will and fans will hate them.

I just can't get over how smug and cocky the younger players are. To disrespect a player due to missing a gf through injury is just classless and right out the Kevin sheedy school of bastardry. No tack.

I honestly think they will be the most despised team with no fans by the time they win their first flag in a few years.
I doubt it

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Rivalry has Commenced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back