Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thought the coach chose the wrong players for tags tonight?

Should have had Picken on Harvey, not Thomas
Should have had Wallis on Dal Santo, not Wells

Its wrong to tag their two most damaging players out of the game?

Who's to say that Thomas and Wells wouldn't have dominated had they not effectively been tagged out of the game.

Unless of course we tag Harvey, Thomas, Wells and Del Santo.

I've asked everyone here to tell me why we should in his 3rd year continue to be silent and wait for improvement??

Someone tell me instead if just the moronic response attempting to be funny.

I watched every game looking for improvements and yes we til a couple late lazy year BUT WHY NOT A FEW AGAIN THIS YEAR even of it is early

Not wins just improvement and in the area where we did improve last year we have been smashed twice this year.

You clearly disagree with me so instead of being smart give me a valid response that tells us where we are better off

Improvement: We lost to Norf last year by 70 odd points, we were out of that game early, we were in this game right up to the middle of the last quarter - how can you not see the improvement.

Bomber Thompson nearly got the sack they waited that long for that team to come good, gee you do have a selective memory.

Yes but bomber Thompson had a CLEAR gameplan that everyone could see even though they were struggling and so did Clarkson his first couple years.

So no I don't mate I have BOTH eyes opened and still can't see a gameplan 3rd year in.

Hard ball gets and clearance mean nothing if you don't have a gameplan to use the ball when u have it

I think injuries is a genuine excuse because when you don't have your top players on the park then obviously your going to struggle. That happens to teams who are expected to do well but don't because they are injury hit. Fremantle a few years back are a good example.

Who is injured?

FINALLY A SENSIBLE POST

I agree selection has been strange. Where Talia and why no Bontempelli this week when he was best on last week in VFL? Where's Wood and Wiliams gone?

Crameri is a very good 3rd forward so playing him as your main target is just plain stupid. Jones had a shocker and why on earth did he sub Stringer when he was our best forward?

What is the point of playing Gia at all?

What's happened to Wood he is useless and JJ is not a wingman

And anyone that's thinks Higgins is a backman should be immediately run out of football. I personally don't rate the bloke at all, he lazy and loose and simply not hard enough

So Higgins is not hard enough, what a simplistic comment; in fact he backed into packs and punched the ball defensively very well. Anyone who makes it at this level has guts and in spades.
Classy too, what about his pass to dal, precise and clinical. After a year out, early signs are good, hope he stays healthy as he adds a lot to the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Higgins is not hard enough, what a simplistic comment; in fact he backed into packs and punched the ball defensively very well. Anyone who makes it at this level has guts and in spades.
Classy too, what about his pass to dal, precise and clinical. After a year out, early signs are good, hope he stays healthy as he adds a lot to the team.

Unfortunately IMO I rate him like ZIEBELL. Everyone waiting for the break out year and I don't think it gonna happen and let's be honest mate he has ducked his head many times in the forward line and isn't the greatest at going hard.

There is guys then there is GUTS

Unfortunately IMO I rate him like ZIEBELL. Everyone waiting for the break out year and I don't think it gonna happen and let's be honest mate he has ducked his head many times in the forward line and isn't the greatest at going hard.

There is guys then there is GUTS

How about Cooney? Could he be near the end.

No I think the coon dog got a couple left and we can't get rid of all the older players especially if Boydy goes with Gia at end of year.

I agree that's very important in keeping some older guys around to help the younger ones.

Who cares about last year????

How that help us now??

Our defence is better how?
Been smashed in contested poss 2 weeks in a row now
Minson I will give you
Young guns?? You think any other coach wouldn't have the same young players going just as well?
We lost contested possessions 123 to 127. I wouldn't call that getting smashed in contested possession. If you keep putting out bulldust statistics, I'm going to keep calling you on them.

Mate I get that you're upset. We're all disappointed with tonight's result but trying to blame Macca is ridiculous. I'd recommend you sleep on it and reassess when you're not so emotional.

Improvement: We lost to Norf last year by 70 odd points, we were out of that game early, we were in this game right up to the middle of the last quarter - how can you not see the improvement.

You don't measure improvement like that. Norf would've lost to most sides in the league today, don't post rubbish

Performance improvements and development are not linear processes.

There will never be consistent improvement. Some areas will take 10 steps forward one week, then 15 back the next.

Looks like we've had a big focus on strength and speed work this pre-season and our endurance/cardio are a few weeks from reaching their peak with the interchange cap.

I think we'll knock off some good sides in the middle of the year.

We lost contested possessions 123 to 127. I wouldn't call that getting smashed in contested possession. If you keep putting out bulldust statistics, I'm going to keep calling you on them.

Mate I get that you're upset. We're all disappointed with tonight's result but trying to blame Macca is ridiculous. I'd recommend you sleep on it and reassess when you're not so emotional.

Then who we gonna blame mate?

Eade? Wallace? Maybe Whitten ? :)

God what the hell power does Macca have over you guys ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back