Mega Thread The Western Bulldogs - The Sack Macca saga

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not a WB supporter but i do think players have to much to say , no matter what club it is . good luck

****,, I know..

Lets get Hird.. Whatever it takes!!!

Settle down, you're delirious.

tumblr_lfz37pzqij1qz874do1_400.gif

I'm gonna bloody well spew up if I hear one more opposition club supporter say they feel sorry for us.
I dont feel sorry for u guys. I think it was a dumb move to sack him. It was a dumb move for gc to sack mckenna. Ir was a dumb move by adel too. Destabilisation should be rooted out not end with sacked coaches. And coaches just dont get enough time to build a winning list anymore.
Instead of the club putting up their hand. Backing in the coach they seccumb to player pressure its week and i hope the saints dont do this with richardson in a couple years.

Probably the most numbest day ever (even worse than those PF defeats) being a bulldogs supporter. Its up there with the 89 merger fightback
This is probably worse. At least when you lose a prelim you can pick it apart and hope to do better next season.

Who knows what the next step is here and what the fallout will be. Really weird situation.

I've seen coaches get the sack, first one i can remember is Terry Wheeler, but this just feels so much different. This 2 teams within a team is pretty unsettling, and now the assistant coaches will probably all leave as well.

How much this does this stall the development of the young players?

Going to be a long summer.

First good luck for the future. I believe Brendan Bolton would be perfect for your club. However, I don't think he will fit the profile you are looking for, as it is too similar to that of McCarthy. Very important for you to get they best available.

Does anyone have Peter Gordon's email address? Please PM me if you do . This is a 1989 moment for this club all over again and 25 years on I am now in a position to help more than I did then - i am sure others are too - I do not want this club to make a second rate decision on a coach for lack of funds - we make the wrong decision now and the young talent at our disposal will remain unfulfilled - or worse find their way to another club. Its time for inspired leadership - not just off the field where I continue to believe we are in safe hands - but for on the field and in the coches box

When I came to work this morning we had lost a captain, but still had a coach. Lunchtime and we've lost a coach (which mean his coaching staff as well). Hard to get my head around it. Sounds like bad management, but what can you do when you've got 2 groups of your employees fighting? Sounds like Macca was gone (in his own head) since B&F. Why wait until Griffin goes & then bail. Or was he pushed? Sorry, just got snippets of the story in lunch break.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frankly, if what Gordon says in regards to McCartney "not sure" if he could get the players back, makes it a no-brainer.

First good luck for the future. I believe Brendan Bolton would be perfect for your club. However, I don't think he will fit the profile you are looking for, as it is too similar to that of McCarthy. Very important for you to get they best available.

Just my opinion but we cannot afford to go for a rookie coach, especially someone like Bolton.

Apparently early on Macca was 'too nice & not mongrel enough' so Brendan 'always happy' Bolton would have no hope with our mob!

Love how everyone is saying "no biggy we will go and get a great coach problem solved"
What established sucessful coach (imo what we need) worth his salt is going to want to come to this club now?
I wasnt the biggest McCartney fan but its more the players seeming to call the shots that worries me

Does anyone have Peter Gordon's email address? Please PM me if you do . This is a 1989 moment for this club all over again and 25 years on I am now in a position to help more than I did then - i am sure others are too - I do not want this club to make a second rate decision on a coach for lack of funds - we make the wrong decision now and the young talent at our disposal will remain unfulfilled - or worse find their way to another club. Its time for inspired leadership - not just off the field where I continue to believe we are in safe hands - but for on the field and in the coches box
I just emailed the membership email account. You normally get a response within a day or 2. That's just membership@westernbulldogs.com.au

Posted this on the main board by mistake. Apologies for duplication.

My summary:

1. Club does review and identifies problem with communication. Club address concerns and put measures in place to rectify.
2. Griff says all good - Let carry on.
3. Griff returns from Holiday and advises club he is out.
4. Club talks to players and other stakeholders yesterday (lets call it a review) and they decide Macca has to go.

WTF happened between step 1 and 4.

My summary:

1. Club does review and identifies problem with communication. Club address concerns and put measures in place to rectify.
2. Griff says all good - Let carry on.
3. Griff returns from Holiday and advises club he is out.
4. Club talks to players and other stakeholders yesterday (lets call it a review) and they decide Macca has to go.

WTF happened between step 1 and 4

I think it went like this:
1. Club does review and identifies problems with performance and communication.
2. Griff represents players at meeting and expresses concerns re Macca.
3. Griff agrees to work with Macca to resolve communication problems.
4. Club decides not to sack Macca as Griffen gives support.
5. Club address concerns and put measures in place to rectify.
6. Certain players leave the club dissatisfied with Macca.
7. Griffen sees he has failed and falls on sword.
8. Club talks to players and other stakeholders yesterday (lets call it a review) and they decide Macca has to go.

Not sure exactly, however Gordon mentioned that they all came to him last night to speak of their concerns with what is happening to the club. Stringer said he loves the club and wants to do anything possible to see it survive. Thats as bout as much as I got from that commentary
Rough and Morris had a brief chat with Gordon, they phoned Stringer who came straight in and had a chat with Gordon for about an hour saying how much he was looking forward to the future etc.

Thanks

My summary:

I think it went like this:
1. Club does review and identifies problems with performance and communication.
2. Griff represents players at meeting and expresses concerns re Macca.
3. Griff agrees to work with Macca to resolve communication problems.
4. Club decides not to sack Macca as Griffen gives support.
5. Club address concerns and put measures in place to rectify.
6. Certain players leave the club dissatisfied with Macca.
7. Griffen sees he has failed and falls on sword.

8. Club talks to players and other stakeholders yesterday (lets call it a review) and they decide Macca has to go.
I think the captaincy issue was huge in Griffens thinking. Should never have been made captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back