Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Tom Harley interview on SEN's Morning glory he was asked about the Toby Nankervis to Richmond trade.
Can't work out how to post direct link as I'm on a phone but it is 4min 42sec into interview.

Harley stated that "they weren't specifically (talking) with the Tigers about Toby"
Reading between the lines in his response it seems to suggest they were more advanced in talks with a team other than Richmond. Not sure it means much but it certainly got me wondering if the rumors on here about strong interest us are right.

Now, yes.

3 or 4 years time? Dunno. See my caveat.

IIRC, Nankervis was definitely the number 4 ruck at the swans

An irrelevant aside: I've seen so many H&A great games from Rohan, but he's a dud in finals. I don't get it.
Some players really step up when the stakes get higher. It seems that we seek these types out - Dalrymple loves to draft the best performers in TAC Cup finals and kids who step up at the Carnival. Rowan might just be one of those who gets overawed by the occasion. There have been many reputations made and broken in Finals...and not just in our sport.

I still don't get it. Why West Coast? It's literally the last team that needs him.

I get that Ryder had to get out of Vic, but he was still with his misses and they tried to make it work by getting out of the state. But if Goldy and his misses have broken up then why does he have to go to Perth?

I don't get it. Norf should sent him and Swallow to the suns for some gun picks.

There was a Vic Nankervis in the 1940s - swapped clubs 5 times (had 2 stints at Geelong, as well as us, Saints and South).
No that it answers your question in any way whatsoever, but I wonder if Vic, Toby and the Geelong brothers Ian and Bruce are related?

(Sorry Mutt, I've quoted your post and gone off on a complete tangent...)

Good chance they are all related - in fact aren't most people in Tasmania related to each other??:D

I still don't get it. Why West Coast? It's literally the last team that needs him.

I get that Ryder had to get out of Vic, but he was still with his misses and they tried to make it work by getting out of the state. But if Goldy and his misses have broken up then why does he have to go to Perth?

I don't get it. Norf should sent him and Swallow to the suns for some gun picks.

Part of the rumour is he and Swallow don't get along, so not likely to go to same new club.

Edit: not sure if the swallow issue is related to other shenanigans.

Goldy to Gold Coast has a nice feel to it.
Hm

Because Nic Nat is out next year and they just got Mitchell. They need to contend every year.

Also, Dean Cox and Nic Nat were a fearsome combination. A similar combination could take them far past 2017.

Lycett has also had his injury concerns.

I think that the rumour goes that Goldy is considered by many of his team mates to have behaved very badly with regards to his extremely well liked wife. He allegedly is well and truly on the outer with several of the more senior players and the split with his wife is acrimonious. He allegedly has a new squeeze as well. Hence the rumour that Goldy and new partner want to escape the shitstorm and might head to Perf.

In a perfect world I'd love to keep both Hammer and Adams... They complement each other well and could play a fair bit of footy together if they stayed (ironically they still may,just not with us). I hoped Adams would eventually replaced Moz as that player who could play on talls/smalls/Gorillas and no matter how you slice it or dice it Hammers final series was first class.

I'm not sure we're going to get anywhere near there true value for either of them but confident JMac & Co will do the best they can...

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like he ****ed up reeeeeeeal good. Wouldn't pick him to do that.

Swans would be perfect for him if their cap wasn't ****ed. Tippett + 14 + 17. Would never happen, though.

Releases McGovern to go fwd. Means they'll have him, JK and Darling all as permanent forwards.

Or even Hanley pick + Rockliff for Goldy. I dunno, I just think it would be ridiculously dumb to go to the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Releases McGovern to go fwd. Means they'll have him, JK and Darling all as permanent forwards.
Talking about Goldy bro.

So with the footages this is just the raw footage.
I plan to do some Effects with it with BRG93 help which will display season stats before the vid starts
Greenwood, Dale, Williams, Long should hopefully be done by the end of the weekend

Is pick 8 gettable from Gold Coast. If the worst we can do for Hamling, Adams, Rat and Stevens is a bunch of picks accross the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. Could we package this up in some order with 18 to get pick 8?

If Goldstein is seen within his club as a campaigner, would pick 18 be acceptable to Norf?

Would this work?

WCE get pick 18 and adams

Norf get Pick 18, WCE get Goldstein

Dogs get pick 11 or 12 and WCE second round pick

WCE happy, have turned pick 11 or 12 into Adams and Goldstein

Dogs happy, upgraded 1st round and second pick

Norf just happy to get rid of a campaigner & his salary, get late first round pick

Is pick 8 gettable from Gold Coast. If the worst we can do for Hamling, Adams, Rat and Stevens is a bunch of picks accross the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds. Could we package this up in some order with 18 to get pick 8?

The old later picks = points so trade for a first rounder with an academy team doesn't work any more

If Goldstein is seen within his club as a campaigner, would pick 18 be acceptable to Norf?

Would this work?

WCE get pick 18 and adams

Norf get Pick 18, WCE get Goldstein

Dogs get pick 11 or 12 and WCE second round pick

WCE happy, have turned pick 11 or 12 into Adams and Goldstein

Dogs happy, upgraded 1st round and second pick

Norf just happy to get rid of a campaigner & his salary, get late first round pick

If the Weagles get Adams (released McGovern fwd), Goldy and adding Mitchell to the Midfield, load up on the for the flag.

Hate to say it but if both Adams and Hamling go at once we are in a bit of strife. Roberts, Cordy and Collins - what if a couple of them go down?

Adams and Boyd were meant to be our bookends for the next 10 years. He is an enormous loss - make no mistake. Hamling I can live with.

We better have something up our sleeve.

Agree with this. Whilst Hamling had a great finals series Adams was just huge for us early this year. I actually don't think they are the same type of player at all and see them more as complementary types that would form a great backline partnership going forward. Kind of like Tom Harley and Andrew Mackie or Scarlett and Mackie.
It's just f#cked that we snag a flag and then we have vital young players jumping ship. I mean is that normal?? I can't remember if that happened to other premiership teams recently. I would have thought we'd have some good players wanting to come to us but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I'm also not comfortable having any players on our list that don't want to be there.
Dam it!!! We bloody struck gold with Adams. I was looking forward to getting him back in the team and now this!! And Hamling on top of it is just f#cked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back