MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they only publicly reveal the opposition club's medical report if the case is challenged and goes before the tribunal.

Shaw said in his presser that Simpkin was looking and acting normally in the rooms immediately after the game. It will be interesting if he plays next round - North play on Saturday, so their team won't be named until Friday night.

im sad for Zak and there was no malice in the contact. He braced for a bump and Simpkin dropped a bit and was clipped on the way through
In saying that everyone knows if you choose to bump then you are risking hitting high and copping game/s

He played his hand and lost. As soon as it happened and saw the wobbles and subsequent ruling out of the game of Simpkin i said 2 weeks

He'll still be able to play in the scratch matches. Freshen him up and he is good to go for finals.

im sad for Zak and there was no malice in the contact. He braced for a bump and Simpkin dropped a bit and was clipped on the way through
In saying that everyone knows if you choose to bump then you are risking hitting high and copping game/s

He played his hand and lost. As soon as it happened and saw the wobbles and subsequent ruling out of the game of Simpkin i said 2 weeks

He'll still be able to play in the scratch matches. Freshen him up and he is good to go for finals.

Cotchin gave Sheil the wobbles in 2017 and chose to bump, he was concussed, he played the next week.....

He didn’t “brace” for a bump. Zak has developed an annoying tendency to go for a bump rather than tackle. It’s dangerous as it exposes himself to more risk of suspension and it also has allowed his opponent to ride the bump and get away a few times.

Hopefully he learns from this and goes for tackles from now on.

It’s dissapointing to lose him for the next 2 games but it’s clearly the right result. One of the few cut and dried decisions for the mro to make. He made a mistake. Live with the consequences. If it was the other way around and butters was concussed off of a high bump by a north player we would be baying for blood. Just hope he doesn’t lose his magic touch before the first finals game.

Chose to bump, Simpkin was concussed and didn’t return. 2 weeks is pretty simple and fair. Let him rest up and move on.

You can argue with the AFL's determination that any bump that goes high, no matter how accidental, should be a significant penalty (though as shewho points out above, there are some pretty strong reasons for it). However, given that's the interpretation and has been for a while, the penalty is fair enough. We argue for consistency. This decision is broadly consistent with other similar incidents.

You can argue with the AFL's determination that any bump that goes high, no matter how accidental, should be a significant penalty (though as shewho points out above, there are some pretty strong reasons for it). However, given that's the interpretation and has been for a while, the penalty is fair enough. We argue for consistency. This decision is broadly consistent with other similar incidents.
Its almost like allowing clubs to cite precedent causes the MRO to pull their head in and lead to fairer results.

Too early to tell I know but...

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The penalty is reasonable and fair and I don't have a problem with it on face value. That said I certainly would not have a problem with the club challenging the severity of the penalty if there's a chance we could have Butters lining up against Collingwood by doing so. No problem Zak will not be the difference against the Bombers but Collingwood matters. They will be playing for their life and a loss there could have serious consequences for us.
It's reasonable to spend the 10k to ask the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your honour, Mr McEvoy or "big boy" as he is affectionately known, is such a large individual that he has, upon occasion, caused commentators to remark "boy oh boy wowee!"

I just randomly remembered this post this afternoon and started laughing again. Should have 100 likes, sobrave was robbed.

Riley Bonner, Port Adelaide, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the fourth quarter of the Round 17 match between Port Adelaide and Essendon, played at Adelaide Oval on Saturday September 12.
In summary, he can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.
A first offence for Engaging in a Melee is a $750 sanction. An early plea enables the player to accept a $500 sanction.

Tom Jonas, Port Adelaide, has been charged with Engaging in a Melee during the fourth quarter of the Round 17 match between Port Adelaide and Essendon, played at Adelaide Oval on Saturday September 12.
In summary, he can accept a $500 sanction with an early plea.
A first offence for Engaging in a Melee is a $750 sanction. An early plea enables the player to accept a $500 sanction.

Last edited by a moderator:
McDonald-Tipungwuti thanking his lucky stars he was playing against Port, not for them.

Not even looked at, but at least as bad as Sam Mayes' bump.

Anyone think Lachie Neale is in trouble for that sling tackle on Blakey? Could easily get a week depending on the weather of the day.
Should be but they won't. Brisbane brownlow and gf appearance locked in already

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’m so bemused. How was McDonald not even looked at? All this talk about protecting the head and looking at the action not the outcome?...

Neale’s tackle - sorry guys I’d love to see him out the Brownlow race but we’re clutching at straws. Nothing to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back