VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

That opinion is clear!

I do see a lack of intensity (although that can be just a style thing in my opinion) - but from what I saw his skills are pretty good and stand out at VFL level.

Not saying he would make it at AFL level…
When its your turn to go... yo uhave to go.

Twice in the last 1/2 he needed to go and didnt and Blues got claen possession and it hurt us.

If Jeka could play the entire game in free space and only need to chip kick 35m to teamates he'd be great. He can mark at times and he reads the play well but he makes some horrible intensity based errors that I just cant get past.

Id luv him to prove me wrong

GO CAtters

Needs to find a role, I think next year, would be looking at him as defensive midfielder.

Someone like Drew at Port could be a good model for him.

Tagging to get him going.

We have to scale back our expectations, he is more limited than we thought. That is clear already.
He's not big enough and doesn't have the tank to tag at this point in his career.

The only players in today's game worth tagging in the midfield are your strike players like Petracca, JDG, Heeney etc who make every possession count playing forward of the ball.

Even if we were to throw him onto a Neale or Daicos who he could go with physically, he'd still be torn apart by their running ability.

We just have to wait for him to develop so he can play his natural bash and crash role, which he can't do presently with his size.

He's been delisted for those reasons, you won't get a bigger rocket than having your career taken away.

It's just who he is. There's nothing we can do.

Thats frustrating because theres a very good player in there if he could just pull his finger out.

When someone wearing number 52 kicks 7 against you it’s a bad day.

Mcmahon has been very good this year though funnily enough improved a lot since the pies delisted him.

Needs to find a role, I think next year, would be looking at him as defensive midfielder.

Someone like Drew at Port could be a good model for him.

Tagging to get him going.

We have to scale back our expectations, he is more limited than we thought. That is clear already.

Clark isnt a big enough body for that type of tagging role. However he is very smart at clearances releases well by hand and is a good kick. He will be a good clearance mid at afl only once his endurance improves-that is holding him back at present.

Very poor loss. Thrown away top 4.

But that's alright Mitch. Get another 35 touches... We'll take Oisin ****ing Mullin to Perth instead :drunk:

Rejoin the SANFL.

If you asked me a month ago, I would have said I wouldn't have been surprised if he was given a run in round 24

But with this weeks news on Hawkins retiring, should Tom get up to play that game, I don't see anyone in the team putting their hand up to miss - especially as there's already a week break to the finals

yeah but he's got his name on 2 BLues 4th 1/4 goals

GO Catters
Defender concedes goal. More news at 6.
Given teams will average 12-14 goals a game all season every defender at every level of footy concedes goals.

It is quite often an over used slight on defenders.

Mids turning it over or giving away frees that later lead to goals aren't held to account anywhere near as much.

Defender concedes goal. More news at 6.
Given teams will average 12-14 goals a game all season every defender at every level of footy concedes goals.

It is quite often an over used slight on defenders.

Mids turning it over or giving away frees that later lead to goals aren't held to account anywhere near as much.

LOL. Of the 2 i was referring to - 1 was in the centre square as he'd pushed up the ground and got soft at the contest and they cleared it and scored.

So yeah... Defender bottled it.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was fairly predictable that. We suffer from the fact our VFL top ups tend to be really poor outside 2-3 regulars. So we've replaced borderline AFL players like O'Connor, Parfitt, Mullin, Bews and Stanley with guys not ready for VFL. The performance drops off quick in that case.

We didn't take our chances when we controlled the play. A few of our kids look to have hit the wall too. Clark looks cooked after a much bigger season than he's ever had before.

It was good to see Foster show his quality. I would've given him 1 more year before this but I think that shows he's worth persevering with.

Was fairly predictable that. We suffer from the fact our VFL top ups tend to be really poor outside 2-3 regulars. So we've replaced borderline AFL players like O'Connor, Parfitt, Mullin, Bews and Stanley with guys not ready for VFL. The performance drops off quick in that case.

We didn't take our chances when we controlled the play. A few of our kids look to have hit the wall too. Clark looks cooked after a much bigger season than he's ever had before.

It was good to see Foster show his quality. I would've given him 1 more year before this but I think that shows he's worth persevering with.

We will get players back for finals though such as parfitt (who i think is done at afl level but is decent at vfl) and moc and a couple of others including bews to strengthen the side. Its a pretty open year so i can see us winning the vfl flag from 5th. The key is our midfield (which is actually fairly good if hardie parf clark knevitt clohesy plus herbert are in there) need to dominate bc osullivan is learning and doesnt have enough mature kpd to support him if our MF gets overwhelmed.

Very poor loss. Thrown away top 4.

But that's alright Mitch. Get another 35 touches... We'll take Oisin ****ing Mullin to Perth instead :drunk:

I would expect werribee to beat box hill next week which means we will get 4th if we beat sandy. But that would still mean werribee away in the first final which will be hard.

We will get players back for finals though such as parfitt (who i think is done at afl level but is decent at vfl) and moc and a couple of others including bews to strengthen the side. Its a pretty open year so i can see us winning the vfl flag from 5th. The key is our midfield (which is actually fairly good if hardie parf clark knevitt clohesy plus herbert are in there) need to dominate bc osullivan is learning and doesnt have enough mature kpd to support him if our MF gets overwhelmed.

Do agree on all points, but I'd like to add I think COS has been outstanding in the VFL this year. His mix of defence and offence has been great, he's going to be a player.

Do agree on all points, but I'd like to add I think COS has been outstanding in the VFL this year. His mix of defence and offence has been great, he's going to be a player.

I am surprised they have not thrown him around in terms of position. Played solely in defence is that correct?

Is he a pure defender, or similar to SDK?

I am surprised they have not thrown him around in terms of position. Played solely in defence is that correct?

Is he a pure defender, or similar to SDK?

He's played a variety of roles in the games I've watched - other than direct midfielder

He's spent time up forward but often been switched back when the opposition has got on top of things - he looks a calming influence in defence

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back