VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing how we have the ball camped up our end for most of the quarter, yet Werribee get the ball down the other end and have two loose men streaming into goal out the back, and still have time to kick a goal after a fumble.

Knevitt and O’Sullivan are both players that look very limited every time I see them play. Not saying they won’t develop but could see both falling short of where you’d hope them to go.
O'Sullivan is something... He has looked really good today. Composed, skilful and moved so well. He is going to be one to watch in the next few years.
The duality of BigFooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan with a dinky kick to the pocket which just sat on his teammate's head giving him no chance of taking a mark instead of trying to get the ball into a more dangerous position. Absolutely abysmal decision making.

I watch quite a bit of VFL this year and a few observations:

- O’Sullivan will be ok. He’s tall so will take time. He doesn’t appear to really enjoy playing and often looks dejected at getting beaten by opponents or umpire decisions. I’d like to see us give him a go on the wing or up forward so it’s a bit more fun for him.

- There are a few whom seem unlikely to make AFL level. Foster, George, Willis, Hardie, Whiktshire, Murdoch. Clark also needs to show something.

- I’m backing Furphy to be at least serviceable and an AFL back-up ruck option by second half of next season.

- I was wrong. Jeka is weak in the marking contest

- knevitt looks so great at VFL. Why can’t he bring it to the AFL as we need a big midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back