VFL VFL Round 14 v Essendon @ Windy Hill - Saturday, June 29 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Backline. He was poor, but had many friends. Not sure what his strengths are tbh.
I having trouble understanding this
Surely after weeks of low possession counts, a rotation through the middle, the wing, to get involved (if even for a quarter or two) should be on the cards
They just seem to set and forget
Hell, I’d even throw him forward to shake the tree

I having trouble understanding this
Surely after weeks of low possession counts, a rotation through the middle, the wing, to get involved (if even for a quarter or two) should be on the cards
They just seem to set and forget
Hell, I’d even throw him forward to shake the tree
Sometimes he trains on the wing. But they need to put it in games. Like they have with Harry who seems to rotate between half back and wing.
Allan in the middle, put Harry and Ryan on the wing

Can Josh Fraser be sacked yet?
Not his fault, mate. You should see the work he - and the rest of his coaching staff - put in. The players are the problem. Joke of a performance by them. Ned Long, Fin Macrae, Josh Eyre's first half were good. Jack Bytel found it but wasteful and exposed. The rest were some degree of poor, often out of position.

The worst on-field was Jakob Ryan closely followed by TJ who was caught in the wrong spot and at about the same level, Iliro Smit who gave away free kick after free kick as Nick Bryant turned him into a training cone.

Demettia is building nicely. Bytel is amazing at getting possessions but being invisible. Never seem to notice him at all
Besides smashing into the fence I thought his desperation to knock the footy over the behind line was a good sign. Has got more involved since he’s been given time on the wing and in the centre square

I may prefer Eyre in defence, but his first half showed he can be more than capable up forward. It'll be good to those kind of options in a player. Even without those goals, I felt his contest work, and work rate was top notch.

Also pretty sure he sat the last Q on the bench for some weird reason.

I may prefer Eyre in defence, but his first half showed he can be more than capable up forward. It'll be good to those kind of options in a player. Even without those goals, I felt his contest work, and work rate was top notch.

Also pretty sure he sat the last Q on the bench for some weird reason.
He was with a physio for some of the last quarter. Hamstring.

Maybe some tightness. He didn't go into the rooms or anything and walked off with the boys at the end.
Looks fine walking, so hopefully nothing

I think he was waiting to come on late in the Q, then they prob decided just to stay on the bench given there wasn't long left in the game.

Last edited:
Maybe some tightness. He didn't go into the rooms or anything and walked off with the boys at the end.
Looks fine walking, so hopefully nothing

I think he was waiting to come on late in the Q, then they prob decided just to stay on the bench given there wasn't long left in the game.
He did get back up and out on the field so probably nothing but recurring theme.

And with the last point, some more to the story but not the best idea to post. Nothing to do with Eyre but not the only one impacted.

He did get back up and out on the field so probably nothing but recurring theme.

And with the last point, some more to the story but not the best idea to post. Nothing to do with Eyre but not the only one impacted.
Yeah, think he'll be fine. Was a tussle out there given the conditions.

Impacted, what do you mean? something with other players?

I notice there was some essendon players getting into TJ that ended in a bit of off the ball stuff.

Looks like so far better conditions for next weeks game v frankston

Yeah, think he'll be fine. Was a tussle out there given the conditions.

Impacted, what do you mean? something with other players?

I notice there was some essendon players getting into TJ that ended in a bit of off the ball stuff.

Looks like so far better conditions for next weeks game v frankston
The whole team was impacted today with rotations. I’ll leave it there.

Jiath was poor with his discipline. Needed to grow up there. He should have focused on his own game which was only better than JR.

Shout out to Beggy today who showed up and had a role on the bench. Now there’s a cynical reason as to why he did that but credit to him, he’s had a great attitude throughout his injury.

Jiath was poor with his discipline. Needed to grow up there. He should have focused on his own game which was only better than JR.

Shout out to Beggy today who showed up and had a role on the bench. Now there’s a cynical reason as to why he did that but credit to him, he’s had a great attitude throughout his injury.
Yeah I saw Beggy, Oscar and Parker out in the huddles. Boston too, who always turns up at these vfl games. Even if I feel like 2ft standing next to him lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad for a big fella in the wet. Good first half. Like everyone else faded in the second. But can’t get much of the ball up forward when our mids got torched
Exactly.
Given the conditions, I felt he did well. Got his hands to a lot of the ball, but in the wet it was tough to mark a lot. But his contest work in the air, tackling for a big man was good.

We know how to pick em! Seriously. Have we wasted a pick? If his hammies are continually being monitored he should never have been considered.

I'm surprised he is being played up forward. I was certain they saw him as a tall defender.

Last edited:
We know how to pick em! Seriously. Have we wasted a pick? If his hammies are continually being monitored he should never have been considered.

I'm surprised he is being played up forward. I was certain they saw him as a tall defender.
Wasted a pick? Domus he’s exactly the type you try as a rookie SSP selection.

what was the problem with rotations? Players can become momentarily deaf when it is their time to come off

Perfect pick if healthy. His hammies don't seem to be trustworthy.
Hopefully he proves me wrong and makes an appearance in the seniors after a couple more good performances.
You don't got a kid in the SSP that size with that athleticism and kick unless he has some warts that need to be improved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back