WEST COAST EAGLES v NORTH MELBOURNE - Rd 8 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Not nitpicking, but what happens with the 30 second rule with goalkicking when the siren goes? Does the timer reset? IIRC correctly, Naitanui marked with about 25 seconds to go on the clock, then when the siren went, he stopped, composed himself, taking another 7-8 seconds. That's at least 32-33 seconds for his kick.

Pathetic effort by the North defence. Hey Brad where was Goldstein and Hansen? You guys had time to get back there your defenders ball watched and tried to take on Nic nat and you lost. C'mon you were in front for 90% of the game you lost this cause your not good enough.

Not nitpicking, but what happens with the 30 second rule with goalkicking when the siren goes? Does the timer reset? IIRC correctly, Naitanui marked with about 25 seconds to go on the clock, then when the siren went, he stopped, composed himself, taking another 7-8 seconds. That's at least 32-33 seconds for his kick.
^ didn't hear the umpire telling him '25 seconds gone!' or anything like that which BT has been hammering on about for weeks either. Maybe they didn't wanna put him off? :rolleyes:

Clock doesn't matter once the siren's gone.

^ didn't hear the umpire telling him '25 seconds gone!' or anything like that which BT has been hammering on about for weeks either. Maybe they didn't wanna put him off? :rolleyes:

You understand how clocks work yeah?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an interesting one that isn't it. It's consistent in that they never call them to play on after the siren though technically speaking they still should after their 30 seconds is up. To be honest though, I reckon even North supporters would have to agree that we don't want the kick after siren like that taken away from the game.

don't know if it's actually a rule or not but it's pretty common for players to stop their approach if the siren goes off while they're walking in. doubt it would matter as there's no clock to wind down after the siren.

In case Basil Zempilas is reading the thread, I'd like to post this helpful infographic, since he apparently has trouble telling the two apart based on his post-match interview

nqGbpsT.jpg

It's an interesting one that isn't it. It's consistent in that they never call them to play on after the siren though technically speaking they still should after their 30 seconds is up. To be honest though, I reckon even North supporters would have to agree that we don't want the kick after siren like that taken away from the game.

Definitely, and it's a grey area that needs to be cleared up I reckon.

Mind you, in the lead-up to the kick, I had a very interested eye on my stopwatch, and was more interested in that than Naitanui himself. Thought the umpire was going to create a miracle for us. :(

For some reason extra time is allowed after the siren goes.
Seems like an unspoken rule or something.

What happened to "Coleman Medal Leading Goalkicker Lindsay Thomas"? North supporters have been talking him up for weeks an I was excited to see him ply his trade live. Did he not make the flight over? They shooting the finals for Celebrity Splash this weekend?

I dunno but he could probably teach your blokes a thing or two about goalkicking ;) 3.9 from LeCras, Darling and Cox, wow. Lucky you got the win!

Wow. Shows the mind numbing stupidity of some peoples first reactions. Clearly rolled his ankle and you attack him. Low quality poster. :thumbsu:

Pfft. Shuey is a cheat and the umpires reward him week in week out. He is a blight on the game. For that matter so is Hams, Scott Selwood and your match winner Adam Selwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

WEST COAST EAGLES v NORTH MELBOURNE - Rd 8 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back