What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ton Browne on Talking Footy saying Dogs are using money saved from Tom Boyd's salary to make a play for Adam Tomlinson of GWS .He is good mates with Ameet Bains and dogs believe they can turn him into a KPF

This is actually plausible. I’ve heard he is friends with Ameet. Pretty sure he will be a FA at year’s end also.

Ton Browne on Talking Footy saying Dogs are using money saved from Tom Boyd's salary to make a play for Adam Tomlinson of GWS .He is good mates with Ameet Bains and dogs believe they can turn him into a KPF
You can look at the first two words there and immediately dismiss it.

Even discounting the fact he's a flog and nobody in the league likes him, he's proven to make things up with Riewoldt.

Anyone watching footy classified? Caro pretty disappointed in Bevs comments re barrett. They all were really.
Yeah they weren't disappointed in Barrett's comments at all of course

Anyone watching footy classified? Caro pretty disappointed in Bevs comments re barrett. They all were really.

Hardly surprising. You have Wilson who would defend a fellow journo if they murdered someone, Hutchy who employs Barrett, Judd who works with Barrett on MMM and Lloyd who's mostly a **** when it comes to us.

I don't give a stuff, Bev stood up, Barrett's history of bullying Boyd is well documented and that's it really.

Didn't bother mentioning his 17 boyd articles a year criticising the young man.

And Barrett wants to point to Bevo's hatred for him dating back to the reporting of the talia situiation. Well that goes both ways. Pretty sure Damo has an obsession with Bevo, which has probably fueled some of the nonsense he spouted about Tom.

What's Aker supposed to have said on the Front Bar, some racist comment?

Edit: Just been sent this on youtube .... >>>
He gets asked why he was sacked from the radio station by Sam Pang and he says "I tried to get an extra half an hour and I said let's try to get these monkeys upstairs to change their mind. It's an aboriginal station, they were NIRS and they took offence to that", to this Molloy says "you can understand why". He didn't call them monkeys again or call them monkeys, he was referring to what he had done wrong after being asked. Nice one Carro, he did something 14 years ago and you can still criticise him for that but you're wrong here.

Last edited:

They are not in possession of the full facts. Barretts version of events as presented in that actual falsity is that he first raised Tom Boyd in 16 r.e the Cordy scuffle. Anyone who actually remembers knows that he couldn't shut up about his contract in 2015 as well.

A football media person with an audience (Whately, Robbo... whoever) and without Crocmedia/MMM ties really needs to call bullshit on this.

Given that he publishes his drivel on their website AFL are in effect willing to be party to false representation to protect an individual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would love to see every AFL player boycott both AFL Media and Triple M until Barrett unreservedly apologised for the role he played in victimising Boyd or was sacked. If they did either it would happen very quickly.

Did Luke Beveridge go too far ?

Yes

Example: How did calling out Jordan Roughead and Mitch Wallis in public last season effect their mental
health and anxiety levels ?

Leave football matters and contracts to the list manager.

Did Luke Beveridge go too far ?

Yes

Example: How did calling out Jordan Roughead and Mitch Wallis in public last season effect their mental
health and anxiety levels ?

Leave football matters and contracts to the list manager.

Did he state over and over that they were being overpaid and were going to sink the club.

Or did I miss that?

A coach being honest about the form of two senior players is a bit different from publicly ridiculing a 19 year old.

A coach being honest about the form of two senior players is a bit different from publicly ridiculing a 19 year old.
Is it ? No tears for Roughead (Premiership Player) just an open door and a boot up the arse.

I read sliding doors on Friday it's only Tuesday and I can't remember a single quote for any of the
teams.

We had to know the Tom Boyd contract put a massive bullseye on his forehead, the rest is chicken
and egg stuff and we all know what came first.

Is it ? No tears for Roughead (Premiership Player) just an open door and a boot up the arse.

I read sliding doors on Friday it's only Tuesday and I can't remember a single quote for any of the
teams.

We had to know the Tom Boyd contract put a massive bullseye on his forehead, the rest is chicken

So I take it you think Barrett's behaviour towards Boyd was acceptable?

So I take it you think Barrett's behaviour towards Boyd was acceptable?
No, just the last thing I would mention in a press conference about Tom Boyd. If you were fortunate enough
to listen to Peter Gordon on SEN this morning, that is the way it should of been handled (Ying and Yang)
worthy of much respect.

Just pointing at the trophy cabinet is not the answer, nor does it show respect.

teams.

How do you know there weren't tears for Roughy? Just because there wasn't the same need for it to be adressed in depth in the media, doesn't mean it didn't happen behind closed doors.

fans are too sensitive to journos opinions, that's their job. especially in a high profile trade, your going to attract extra scrutiny.
dustin martin didn't perform to a standard for a month and he got torched by the media. when your on that amount of $$ regardless of age and what you've done in the past, your going to be held to a high standard because of your wage.

in euro soccer, players get labeled flops straight away and are scrutinized a lot by fans and media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back