What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you've got it wrong on that one. Of course, I could be wrong too but is it fair to make those accusations?
Listen Hard Ball Get for I will say this only once, Throwing away your security blanket is a huge thing in this case
football and worthy of the highest praise and honour. Bringing up Damien Barrett in the press conference does
not give it honour at all in fact it does the opposite.

Please read the posts above for context, there are no accusations.

Listen Hard Ball Get for I will say this only once, Throwing away your security blanket is a huge thing in this case
football and worthy of the highest praise and honour. Bringing up Damien Barrett in the press conference does

He’s talking about your Roughead comment.

I mean the Roughead stuff.

Is it ? No tears for Roughead (Premiership Player) just an open door and a boot up the arse.

I read sliding doors on Friday it's only Tuesday and I can't remember a single quote for any of the
teams.

We had to know the Tom Boyd contract put a massive bullseye on his forehead, the rest is chicken
and egg stuff and we all know what came first.
Bit harsh mate. Different situations - a young guy who was probably BOG in our premiership having his short career devestated compared to Roughy [also a Bullgod I know] coming to the end of his career and leaving to get an opportunity at another club. Bevo did say he regretted bring Barrett into it after the interview apparently. Maybe it was the wrong time to bring him up but we can all say the wrong thing when we are upset.
It was a groundbreaking contract, so I don't think the club could have expected they would put a bullseye on his forehead.

I do agree it is curious how players are not honoured by the club when they go to other clubs compared to those that don't. I rang up AW when Stephen Powell was being interviewed after he got the flick and made that point.

It's kinda convenient that Caro claims that Beveridge himself regretted his statements regarding Barrett at the Boyd press conference as a way to bolster her feeble defence of her paymasters protégée and number one AFL 'talent' money spinner. You know that when the main plank of said defence as it often is with her is that the profession really should stick together you know that you are on the wrong side of any argument. Although clearly not the only reason for his premature retirement, that she and noticeably anybody else associated with Croc all but gloss over the contribution that Barrett had in contributing to Boyds mental health issues with his pretty relentless criticism of him across multiple formats prior to Boyds mental health break from the game speaks volumes for both her cluelessness and her myopathy whenever it comes to criticism of her own colleges. Unless of course they are not associated with Croc or indeed in the case of Mark Robinson a mortal enemy of Barrett and Hutchison, then they are wide open to grandmas breathlessly lispy disappointment.

Last edited:
It's kinda convenient that Caro claims that Beveridge himself regretted his statements regarding Barrett at the Boyd press conference as a way to bolster her feeble defence of her paymasters protégée and number one AFL money spinner. You know that when the main plank of said defence as it often is with her is that the profession really should stick together you know that you are on the wrong side of any argument. Although clearly not the only reason for his premature retirement, that she and noticeably anybody else associated with Croc all but gloss over the contribution that Barrett had in contributing to Boyds mental health issues with his pretty relentless criticism of him across multiple formats prior to Boyds mental health break from the game speaks volumes for both her cluelessness and her myopathy whenever it comes to criticism of her own colleges. Unless of course they are not associated with Croc or indeed in the case of Mark Robinson a mortal enemy of Barrett and Hutchison, then they are wide open to grandmas breathlessly lispy disappointment.
Does she have myopathy from mouthing off or did you mean myopia?

It's kinda convenient that Caro claims that Beveridge himself regretted his statements regarding Barrett at the Boyd press conference as a way to bolster her feeble defence of her paymasters protégée and number one AFL money spinner. You know that when the main plank of said defence as it often is with her is that the profession really should stick together you know that you are on the wrong side of any argument. Although clearly not the only reason for his premature retirement, that she and noticeably anybody else associated with Croc all but gloss over the contribution that Barrett had in contributing to Boyds mental health issues with his pretty relentless criticism of him across multiple formats prior to Boyds mental health break from the game speaks volumes for both her cluelessness and her myopathy whenever it comes to criticism of her own colleges. Unless of course they are not associated with Croc or indeed in the case of Mark Robinson a mortal enemy of Barrett and Hutchison, then they are wide open to grandmas breathlessly lispy disappointment.
Spot on Norm. Barrett continues to play the victim because he "backed off" or "never questioned that aspect" once Boyd raised the issues he was having with his mental health.

That's great Damo but the damage was done and you contributed heavily to that damage. Bevo was right to call him out and I love him for it.

As for Caro, how does she justify making a living from potting people left, right and centre and then have the audacity to say that Bevo lacks class when all he did was stand up for one of his boys?

People on this forum bemoan the fact that we have little presence in the media...this is why peeps. It's full of self indulgent morons and our club and in particular our coach don't suffer fools lightly...I also love that.

Is it ? No tears for Roughead (Premiership Player) just an open door and a boot up the arse.

I read sliding doors on Friday it's only Tuesday and I can't remember a single quote for any of the
teams.

We had to know the Tom Boyd contract put a massive bullseye on his forehead, the rest is chicken
and egg stuff and we all know what came first.

Oh alright. Let me remind you of some of them then.

All from 2015. What were you saying about bullseyes being put on someone's head?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damien Barrett is a gutless coward with no honour, ethics or morals and the AFL should be very mindful of the direct relationship they have with him, in the event Boyd were to pursue a lawsuit for harassment related to his depression....

Would get laughed out of court if he did.

Barrett is not the only person who has a crack at him so to define one perpetrator would be impossible.

I firmly believe the Barrett does not think Boyd has any mental health issues at all, and he isn’t alone in that thought in the media but no one is going to state that publicly.

Barrett and Bev clearly have a hatred and are both prepared to go at each other at any chance that opens up.
Barrett is pond scum so I personally believe Bev just needs to move on and ignore him as if he doesn’t exist. We give him a platform to sook every time we go at him. Give him nothing to work with and he will just have petty cracks that everyone will see as just that

I firmly believe the Barrett does not think Boyd has any mental health issues at all, and he isn’t alone in that thought in the media but no one is going to state that publicly.

Barrett and Bev clearly have a hatred and are both prepared to go at each other at any chance that opens up.
Barrett is pond scum so I personally believe Bev just needs to move on and ignore him as if he doesn’t exist. We give him a platform to sook every time we go at him. Give him nothing to work with and he will just have petty cracks that everyone will see as just that
Interested to hear why you think this, and what they think caused him to retire early?

Interested to hear why you think this, and what they think caused him to retire early?

I think it starts back in 16 with us being false about why he wasn’t playing and then rumours flying around that Boyd refused to play with Stringer.

True or not(I’m not saying I think either way) Barrett balled them all up and come up with a conspiracy that the club and Tom invented his mental issues to stop the continued shots at Boyd.

Imo Toms inability to get fit to play was as a big a factor as anything else for his reason to retire. Unfortunately the size of his contract was also a weight he was unable to carry

Weren't you claiming that the club was using his depression to mask another issue?

Weren't you claiming that the club was using his depression to mask another issue?

Early on they were defiantly hiding the break down in relationship with Jake and the Cordy issue.

Other than that I refuse to make comment on my opinion as either way it will cause a sh!t fight

Nothing against Bob but as an actor he is a really good footballer.

PS probably why Eddie got all the lines and Bob and Sticks both had about one mumbled sentence each.
I was only half watching the show when he came on, but from what I saw a Logie is not in his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back