Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are referring to Parker of 2021 I agree. However, his clearance and score involvements has dropped in 22/23. Not sure you can expect him to wind the clock back and still be the same player he was 3 years ago.
The club recognised this reality and were preparing Parker to play more HF this year. I think it's definitely worth a look especially given our mini slump.

I take full responsibility for the last two weeks. I always make a point of watching the first bounce, but last week I accidentally rebooted my modem just before the game and missed the first five minutes (or about 4 Freo goals). This week I didn't feel like watching the game and I certainly wasn't going to have my life ruled by some stupid superstition. I apologise unreservedly to the club, the fans, the players and the gods.
So it was YOU.

He's pretty well rested. Normally bruised and battered by this stage. I think he can add a lot but injecting players in will need to be carefully managed. Bad kicking for goal aside, we remain the team to beat.
Look at his VFL stats, they tapered off after 4 games. He has something to offer but he’s not the player he was in 2021.

The bit about 2022 is nonsense mate we already beat the same Geelong side by 6 goals earlier in the year did they just magically grow into men and we became boys a few months later?

We played injured players again and were caught out again in the first quarter the same failed preparation or w/e the club does in GF week.

Spot on about todays game being crucial nothing important about todays game other than getting more of a buffer which we may need.
Disagree. We beat Geelong early in the year because they were building. Peaking early is tough to maintain. We simply didn't have the depth

Look at his VFL stats, they tapered off after 4 games. He has something to offer but he’s not the player he was in 2021.
I wonder how much of that was due to wondering exactly what he had to do break into the seniors. Pretty demotivating.

Won the inside 50s, won contested, won marks inside 50
less turnovers , more intercepts

27-19 scoring shots

did a lot right

Think what annoys me and is making me stew is that we were lazy ****s and should have won
Well said. Attitude was seriously questionable.

Precedent says Heeney gets off on Tuesday night….but they’ll def. put him up.

Wheels falling off? Hell no !!!

While last 2 weeks have been disappointing, they’ve been exactly the big kick up the arse we needed! And if we kept winning, and winning handsomely, there could’ve been concerns like “we’re peaking too early”, “due for a drop in form” etc etc.

So yes we’ve really dropped off (compared to earlier in the season)… no probs!

We can now reset and slowly build back up for the finals… work on our skills execution (been shocking last 2 games) and start raising our pressure/intensity again.

Think if we win 3 of our last 6, we should finish top 2… which gives us a great chance to make the granny, and as they say, “where there’s a dance, there’s a chance!” 👍🤩🙏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know he wasn’t alone but that was Wicks’ most fumbly game of the year. Butchered a few opportunities with dropped marks and fumbles. His tackling seems down too.

Carlton lost as well.

Worstly.
( Say that in your best Trump voice).

I'm not concerned. Just pissed off.
The review will be interesting.
I reckon Horse will tear the walls off .
Some of the players need a rocket

Wheels falling off? Hell no !!!

While last 2 weeks have been disappointing, they’ve been exactly the big kick up the arse we needed! And if we kept winning, and winning handsomely, there could’ve been concerns like “we’re peaking too early”, “due for a drop in form” etc etc.

So yes we’ve really dropped off (compared to earlier in the season)… no probs!

We can now reset and slowly build back up for the finals… work on our skills execution (been shocking last 2 games) and start raising our pressure/intensity again.

Think if we win 3 of our last 6, we should finish top 2… which gives us a great chance to make the granny, and as they say, “where there’s a dance, there’s a chance!” 👍🤩🙏
A combined loss total of 8 points for the year is hardly wheels falling off, but look at the number of boats in trouble it's clear the tea-cup storm shows no signs of abatement as it rages for a second week.

At times like these I like to think "At least I'm not a ________ supporter" <insert team>

I come in peace. You guys are not quite Port Adelaide level of turning against your coach and players. So 3 losses by very small margins, of which 2 you should have won had McDonald and Papley kicked straight.

All teams have a spell where they go off the boil, and best you have it now and not in late August. Horse and Co will have a few meetings this week and deliver the appropriate message back to the group. Arrogance in the playing group I don’t really buy. Maybe a few supporters yes.

I’m not sure both Mills and Parker can come in next week. I expect Parker will kick off the dew in the Magoos and Mills in for Heeney if he is given a spell by the MRO. He needs a rest after an awesome first half of the year, and he can freshen up for your finals tilt.

I expect the Kangas to be competitive for 1-2 QTR’s, but we can’t yet run out a full game yet, and you should get the chocolates. Confidence is a great thing in sport when you have it, and more character defining when you don’t. Logan Mac should see a Sports Shrink this week. Don’t want this to define him for the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Herald Sun claiming Heeney in trouble ? Happened inside 50 right where I was sitting but Grandson jumping around like a blue arsed fly and I’ve missed it ?
From my vantage point Heens tried to push off him & got it a little wrong.
Marked it & goalef but the hysteria will get him a week & we’ll contest.
I say give the guy a rest & make the others work their arses off for their spots in the team in the finals.

Too many passengers these last 4 week.
Send a messsge & reward some sort of good form in the reserves.
Fox & Roberts came back in but to be honest, I didn’t think they stood out in the reserves game last week.
We missed Cunningham on Higgins today.

I come in peace. You guys are not quite Port Adelaide level of turning against your coach and players. So 3 losses by very small margins, of which 2 you should have won had McDonald and Papley kicked straight.

All teams have a spell where they go off the boil, and best you have it now and not in late August. Horse and Co will have a few meetings this week and deliver the appropriate message back to the group. Arrogance in the playing group I don’t really buy. Maybe a few supporters yes.

I’m not sure Mills and Parker can come in both next week. I expect Parker will kick off the few in the Magoos and Mills in for Heeney is he is given a spell by the MRO. He needs a rest after an awesome first half of the year, and he can freshen up for your finals tilt.

I expect the Kangas to be competitive for 1-2 QTR’s, but we can’t yet run out a full game yet, and you should get the chocolates. Confidence is a great thing in sport when you have it, and more character defining when you don’t. Logan Mac should see a Sports Shrink this week. Don’t want this to define him for the last 2 weeks.
One of the most reasonable posts since 6pm

Maybe it will work. He isn’t going to apply manic pressure but has been a good mark.
Horse will have a good idea where Parker is at. If he's like a witches hat during training with the kids just burning away from him (which I doubt) then we might as well stamp his papers. Horse in his presser seem to think he still has alot to offer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back