Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Mccartin is the worst field kick in the side, stop kicking full stop. Id rather Adams kicking
That
I thought the Blakey slip over right in front of goal was pivotable to us losing. A truley critical moment in the game.The ball went straight back down our end and they scored. A 12 point turnaround. Not blaming Blakey. But it turned the game when we had the momentum and the opportunity to get a winning lead.
Spot on. He had a howler by his standards. Once again it was a collective terrible performance not individuals by any means.

Contrary to others, I reckon Parker will help both at stoppages and as a marking target across HF. Mills returning will help bolster our defence, in particular closing the leading lanes in our D50. Surely both would be chomping at the bit to play having been watching on for so long and would inject a healthy dose of enthusiasm into a team that probably needs a lift.

I take full responsibility for the last two weeks. I always make a point of watching the first bounce, but last week I accidentally rebooted my modem just before the game and missed the first five minutes (or about 4 Freo goals). This week I didn't feel like watching the game and I certainly wasn't going to have my life ruled by some stupid superstition. I apologise unreservedly to the club, the fans, the players and the gods.

This is a classic example of how for some reason, Horse is unable to prepare a side for crucial games. 2014, 2016, 2022

Sent from my SM-A546E using Tapatalk
Look, I know you're a new poster, and perhaps you're swept up the raging storm swirling around in the Swans' teacup, but this post makes no sense from any angle.

How the hell can you describe Rd 17 vs Saints as crucial? We're not clinging to the eight. This was not a final. We aren't grasping for percentage. We remain 2 games clear after losing. This game has quite literally changed nothing.

How is Rd17 any more crucial than every other H&A game this year? How come Horse was clearly able to prepare the team for those games. If a pep talk before a game was the most crucial role of a coach, teams would quickly replace coaches with motivational speakers.

And finally, how, in any rational universe, can you compare this round 17 game to the 2014, 2016 or 2022 Grand Finals? Do you think Horse should have given the players a big pep talk about making history against the Saints beforehand?

Of the GFs you mention, only 2014 could be considered an ill-prepared team. We were over-reliant on Buddy and he was injured in the opening minutes. Hawks came out to blitz us in the Q1 and unlike 2012 when we were very well prepared, we were not in this case.

In 2016 we were well prepared but peppered with injuries and finally crucified by several unlisted Dogs players who masqueraded in the guise of AFL umpires.

In 2022 we were simply well ahead of where we could have been expected to be when we made the GF. We rode a blessed year with injuries, a fit Sam Reid playing some of his best footy and no real call on our lack of depth. We were a team of poorly-rested youngsters in an unexpected GF, without the depth to rest and prepare players, as Chris Scott had done. We came up against the most finals experienced GF team in AFL history. Men vs. boys. Our opponents were seasoned veterans of many finals campaign who had been building to the moment for years. They were fit and playing at the peak of their powers, knowing they would never get a better chance. By contrast, we were a team two years into a rebuild, struggling with injured and tired players. Anyone who thought we could win the 2022 decider was dreaming.

I take full responsibility for the last two weeks. I always make a point of watching the first bounce, but last week I accidentally rebooted my modem just before the game and missed the first five minutes (or about 4 Freo goals). This week I didn't feel like watching the game and I certainly wasn't going to have my life ruled by some stupid superstition. I apologise unreservedly to the club, the fans, the players and the gods.
We've found patient 0 for our last two losses.

Get him boy's....

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

Go to the naughty step. Don't take your phone or even a book. Sit quietly and just think about what you've done.

North are in better form than the Saints were. If we have a big win, it'll be impressive.

At this point, a win is enough.
Plus they will get Wardlaw back. The guy is an absolute animal and will only strengthen their midfield that has been improving. Also rate Xerri who is already a very good ruck. If we don't bring our best, they will pants us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting it in perspective, 27 scoring shots to 19 with 4 posters. They took their chances and we didn't take ours. Hard to conclude much beyond that other than a lot of our players are looking pretty tired and out of form compared with a few weeks ago. The list is pretty healthy and we have room to experiment with personnel and positioning to make sure things are functional come finals.
They had a streak of 9.0 throughout the second half, we just got absolutely killed and numbed from the momentum and their punish.

Contrary to others, I reckon Parker will help both at stoppages and as a marking target across HF. Mills returning will help bolster our defence, in particular closing the leading lanes in our D50. Surely both would be chomping at the bit to play having been watching on for so long and would inject a healthy dose of enthusiasm into a team that probably needs a lift.
If you are referring to Parker of 2021 I agree. However, his clearance and score involvements has dropped in 22/23. Not sure you can expect him to wind the clock back and still be the same player he was 3 years ago.

Well I got 13 pages of melts to catch up on.

Anyway, watched the repaly, Jordon was great as was Campbell when they came early.

Apart from that props to Logan for taking the pressure at the ned.

Warner......wellllllll, it looks good when its good but holy hell did he torch teammates.

Heeney was a beast as usual this year.

We tried. They were better. Too many behinds/posters. Every bounce seemed to favour them BUT we let them.

The starts are inexplicable. At least you could guess that the last few years fade outs were fitness, but now? Dunno.

Anyway the Scum touched us up. That hurts. Still results this weekend were good for us in a way.

I really think Adams on the pine is not good. Really don't. Missed grunt in the guts.

Talke our chances. Stop being princesses and get to it.

That bloody trip on Florent at the end...grrrr

Look, I know you're a new poster, and perhaps you're swept up the raging storm swirling around in the Swans' teacup, but this post makes no sense from any angle.

How the hell can you describe Rd 17 vs Saints as crucial? We're not clinging to the eight. This was not a final. We aren't grasping for percentage. We remain 2 games clear after losing. This game has quite literally changed nothing.

How is Rd17 any more crucial than every other H&A game this year? How come Horse was clearly able to prepare the team for those games. If a pep talk before a game was the most crucial role of a coach, teams would quickly replace coaches with motivational speakers.

And finally, how, in any rational universe, can you compare this round 17 game to the 2014, 2016 or 2022 Grand Finals? Do you think Horse should have given the players a big pep talk about making history against the Saints beforehand?

Of the GFs you mention, only 2014 could be considered an ill-prepared team. We were over-reliant on Buddy and he was injured in the opening minutes. Hawks came out to blitz us in the Q1 and unlike 2012 when we were very well prepared, we were not in this case.

In 2016 we were well prepared but peppered with injuries and finally crucified by several unlisted Dogs players who masqueraded in the guise of AFL umpires.

In 2022 we were simply well ahead of where we could have been expected to be when we made the GF. We rode a blessed year with injuries, a fit Sam Reid playing some of his best footy and no real call on our lack of depth. We were a team of poorly-rested youngsters in an unexpected GF, without the depth to rest and prepare players, as Chris Scott had done. We came up against the most finals experienced GF team in AFL history. Men vs. boys. Our opponents were seasoned veterans of many finals campaign who had been building to the moment for years. They were fit and playing at the peak of their powers, knowing they would never get a better chance. By contrast, we were a team two years into a rebuild, struggling with injured and tired players. Anyone who thought we could win the 2022 decider was dreaming.

The bit about 2022 is nonsense mate we already beat the same Geelong side by 6 goals earlier in the year did they just magically grow into men and we became boys a few months later?

We played injured players again and were caught out again in the first quarter the same failed preparation or w/e the club does in GF week.

Spot on about todays game being crucial nothing important about todays game other than getting more of a buffer which we may need.

If you are referring to Parker of 2021 I agree. However, his clearance and score involvements has dropped in 22/23. Not sure you can expect him to wind the clock back and still be the same player he was 3 years ago.
He's pretty well rested. Normally bruised and battered by this stage. I think he can add a lot but injecting players in will need to be carefully managed. Bad kicking for goal aside, we remain the team to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Wheels falling off? 2 point loss to the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Back