Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not but what are they supposed to do? Ken has a contract, his employer is backing him in (for now).
There is a big difference between the non-commital 'full support of the board' stuff, and the 'fans are ferals/where are the haters now/hinkley has saved our season' messaging that comes from Port. If we continue to win games he will never leave.

Clausen of 2 guys 1 cup believes we only hate hinkley because he's not born in port adelaide and the hinkley pr team has strongly pushed that bullshit narrative nationally
I’m f*ck*ng Brazilian for crying out loud. I haven’t set foot in Port Adelaide.

Not being born in Port Adelaide isn’t an issue. There are plenty of examples better than a random alien fan, even.

The problem is not becoming Port Adelaide.

Where are the Hinkley haters now? The club’s mouthpieces will say, hailing Ken a superhero for recovering from 0-5 to go 4-5 (completely ignoring the fact that Ken got us into the 0-5 rabble in the first place)
As if a 4-5 record were something to be proud of.

There is a big difference between the non-commital 'full support of the board' stuff, and the 'fans are ferals/where are the haters now/hinkley has saved our season' messaging that comes from Port. If we continue to win games he will never leave.
Sorry, where have you seen that come from someone at the club?
Kane Corner doesn’t work for the club.
I would say Robbonhas been a big Ken fan. Even he was saying last night on AA about coaches not lasting 10 years without a flag and Ken will be in trouble.
It’s going to happen, people just need to calm down.

I’m f*ck*ng Brazilian for crying out loud. I haven’t set foot in Port Adelaide.

Not being born in Port Adelaide isn’t an issue. There are plenty of examples better than a random alien fan, even.

The problem is not becoming Port Adelaide.

He read this board after last year's prelim and saw a few **** off back to Victoria comments and thinks we only hate him because he's Victorian , then that comment from kane in that port supporters "not really embracing hinkley" and that josh Jenkins story relaying that message has only further pushed that narrative

Last edited:
The club didn't renew club legend Jack Cahill's contract after two years of coaching our initial AFL team because they didn't see him as the coach to take us to a flag but here we are 10 seasons down the track and we are still persisting with Hinkley. As you say the difference is that we no longer have people who understand football and what is required to be successful running the club.

Who was on the board with Brian Cunningham at the time?
Greg Boulton?

So let me try and understand our situation.

When we play poorly and or lose, it's the players fault for not working hard enough?

When we play well and or win it is because of the brilliant mind of Ken Hinkley, not the players working hard.?

Can some Happy clapper please explain this to me, you can't have your cake and eat it, is what Hinkley has been doing for years.

Imagine playing under Hinkley and you get told by the club it's your fault because you don't work hard enough, when blind Freddy could see Drew sitting on the bench for 10 minutes in the Prelim while the Dogs mid field ran riot.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would’ve sacked him in 17 but he’s still here and I would hope the leaders of the club are backing him in. When we can’t challenge for a flag this year, if that’s at the bye or towards the end of the year that’s the time to move on.
Until then I’ll sure as shit not be actively wanting to loose.
i get what you're saying and it's not a case of actively celebrating oppo goals, my heart is obviously still with with our boys during games. i just think of the bigger picture and if we manage to win 10-11 games this season, i'm not filled with confidence he'll get the boot... these middling wins against cellar dwellers have literally contributed to contract extensions in the past....

if we can look back at the end of the year and think a loss to lolnorf was a catalyst for change then that short term pain was worth every bit. we need every bit of media pressure to kick this stain to the curb, ASAP.

And what would you like them to say ? Seasons f’ed boys, might as well stay at home?

Maybe something like 'we understand the fans are frustrated that we started the season poor when we are expected to be contending for the premiership, we have to continue to improve to get the season back on track for a top 4 finish'

Not 'we don't listen to haters, we're playing good footy and we'll win more than we lose'

Like shit dude, just cause it's press and media, doesn't mean there isn't different ways to tackle it other than fellating the coach ad nauseum.

How about something like, "Our start to the season has been completely unacceptable, particularly given the exceptionally high standards we set for ourselves following the major disappointment of our unacceptable 2021 finals exit. As a club we will leave no stone unturned until we arrive at the standard our fans expect. That means everybody at the club, the coach, the players, are on notice".

But what do we get? The Chairman waving his dick in our faces with "where are the haters now!!??".

Get ****ed you charlatan.

He read this board after last year's prelim and saw a few fu** off back to Victoria comments and thinks we only hate him because he's Victorian , then that comment from kane in that port supporters "not really embracing hinkley" and that josh Jenkins story relaying that message has only further pushed that narrative

Us getting lumped in with the wider Fruchoctopian ‘Kic-a-Vic’ xenophobia is one of my pet peeves.

Just after Primus pulled up stumps Sellers McClure suggested we hire Mark Bickley because “they hate Victorians over there”.

It’s like the altiverse.

And what would you like them to say ? Seasons f’ed boys, might as well stay at home?

wait, so you thought kane cornes said that stuff, but upon being told it was our Captain, Coach and CEO, you change to "so what, what should they say?" do you not have a problem with being called names by the heads of the club we support like diehards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back