Preview 2023 Round 5 Carlton vs Adelaide Thursday April 13 7:40PM AEST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

Welcome back Walshy
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

IN: Blake Acres, Matthew Kennedy, Sam Walsh
OUT: Sam Docherty (knee), Jack Carroll, Josh Honey, Lochie O'Brien

Backs:Lewis YoungJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernLachie Cowan
Centreline:Adam CerraPatrick CrippsOllie Hollands
Half-forwards:Zac FisherHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Ed CurnowCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Tom De KoningGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Blake AcresCorey DurdinMatthew Kennedy
Marc Pittonet
Emergencies:Jack CarrollJosh HoneyLochie O'Brien
Lachie Plowman

Last edited:

It's a shame we haven't had a big win however...

Teams are going to go very defensive against us and flood hard simply because we have Curnow and McKay in the side. So it's likely teams will hold us, keep the score down and make it a close game. We reply by doing the same.

I've always believed that if you have really good depth and high midfield rotations you come home strong and win a lot of close games. 5 good onballers a forward and a back who go in there. Two good wingers. We come home strong, if it's close, we win.

IMO if teams go attacking against us, don't flood. If we get in a high scoring game we will have big wins but teams aren't going to do that against us.

Our deal will be dealing with flooding, low scoring defensive games, not allowing teams to generate attack from defensive tactics such as rebound run and intercept marking. Giving those defensive tactics back to the opposition. Winning contests, tackling, pressure, clearance and contested ball. Having high rotations, midfield depth, finishing strong and running, keeping intensity up.

Just keep winning. Winning ugly is still winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge test, biggest of the year. Think the Crows’ game style will genuinely worry us, hoping the boys can treat it as a line in the sand type game on the road.

A lot here seem to be drinking the bathwater after some unconvincing wins, if we find a way to get the four points here I’ll have a swig too.
I drink anything to be fair SOAP!

If we don't appeal H's suspension, I'm not sure we will go like for like. We have 2 rucks so TDK will rest down forward a portion of the time. Charlie and Jack can bring the ball to ground, and with our full strength midfield potentially back, we could give Kennedy more time up forward. Crows have so much run. I wouldn't want to go with Lemmey this early in his career and potentially be too top heavy. He's not a known factor as far as the down the line contested marking that McKay does is concerned.

I think we need more speed in the back half with Rachele and Rankine running riot up forward. I wish some of our midfielders had shown more of an ability to defend back there. I'd like to play Cincotta, but I figure Voss will choose his best side and not worry about the Crows strengths.

Huge test, biggest of the year. Think the Crows’ game style will genuinely worry us, hoping the boys can treat it as a line in the sand type game on the road.

A lot here seem to be drinking the bathwater after some unconvincing wins, if we find a way to get the four points here I’ll have a swig too.

Yeap, toughest test to date, happy to take a win, however it comes

not much chance of me drinking the bathwater - I threw it all out and have a look what was in it!

throwing-the-baby-out-with-the-bathwater1.jpg

I think Voss and Co won't play a bloke that isn't fit and I think they want to play a fit, Martin.

My opinion? I'd prefer a fit Cuningham in there over a few of the blokes currently playing - (IMO) we need to get games into this bloke who can win a close game for us in a final - but a fit Cuningham seems to be an elusive goal. I suspect that Martin is considered to be a similar factor X player.

I agree but surely he’s running out of petrol tickets. Would love to see Cunners playing like those highlights from 2020, would give us much more value.

Just watched the Crows Freo game.

We’ve gotta kick these blokes and personally i’d like to see a shoot out. Crows are playing with freedom and confidence, if we go into our shells for this game they will tear us a new one.

Conversely Freo are the exact opposite, fumbly no confidence and playing slow footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back