List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Matt Clarke

Sign Liam Reidy

Love
People with eyeballs

So I'm watching the game, and thinking to myself have I completely missed this guy doing stuff? Coz I have eyeballs.

Check the stats:

Screenshot_20240817_124421_AFL.jpg

And 11 hit outs which is decent. Not trying to shit on the kid, first AFL game and all. However I can't help but think you probably need glasses.

So I'm watching the game, and thinking to myself have I completely missed this guy doing stuff? Coz I have eyeballs.

Check the stats:

View attachment 2082037

And 11 hit outs which is decent. Not trying to shit on the kid, first AFL game and all. However I can't help but think you probably need glasses.
We will see after next weeks game.

Can someone body who knows the mindset of dev robertson or knows him well.

Does he have hunger to play afl? Is he content with being a reserves player his whole life? Does he give a shit at all? Will he at the age of 24 have regrets about playing only 1 game?

Seriously from the outside it no longer looks like he is loyal. It looks like he is content to be a reserves player getting paid bare minimum afl wage.

That's just unbelievable alarming. Imagine if a pick 1 was happy to be a reserves player his whole life. Anyone with hunger or desire would be banging the door down anyway they can.

When the last time a high draft pick had little motivation to play afl

Can someone body who knows the mindset of dev robertson or knows him well.

Does he have hunger to play afl? Is he content with being a reserves player his whole life? Does he give a shit at all? Will he at the age of 24 have regrets about playing only 1 game?

Seriously from the outside it no longer looks like he is loyal. It looks like he is content to be a reserves player getting paid bare minimum afl wage.

That's just unbelievable alarming. Imagine if a pick 1 was happy to be a reserves player his whole life. Anyone with hunger or desire would be banging the door down anyway they can.

When the last time a high draft pick had little motivation to play afl
briztoon

gettyimages-481897094-612x612.jpg

Check the stats:

View attachment 2082037

We need to focus on hit outs not handballs around the ground. Reid needs a ruckman to hit the ball to him, not kick it to him

If you want the 2 stats , you can only be absolutely devastated to miss out on English. I’m not because a hit out winning ruck is what we need

We need to focus on hit outs not handballs around the ground. Reid needs a ruckman to hit the ball to him, not kick it to him

If you want the 2 stats , you can only be absolutely devastated to miss out on English. I’m not because a hit out winning ruck is what we need

Okay fair enough. But I also feel if that our ruckman was performing the same we'd be frustrated he's not influencing the game with more touches/marks (again, kid's first game). I just don't agree it's the obvious recruitment target that you do.

Let’s compare the pair

PEAljWH_d.webp

JBnq1kE.png

We good though…..

Apart of it he is nullifying his opppnent. Vs North Xerri had like 14 clearances or something absurd wasn’t it and 30 possessions. Reidy showing he can win a hitout and body his opppnent to keep him out of the play too

Big improvement on what we currently put up with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like you, I really want Chesser to make it. Phil has since covered my response. I’ve watched him closely at Optus and he has a moment of hesitation before many interactions.
Spot on, has the athleticism and skill level to be a footballer but if you’re just going to run from contest to contest all day and then wait and watch trying to decide whether to impact it or not or just hope the ball comes out to you, the odds are stacked against you.

Joe Richards with 22 and 2 in the VFL.
Would be both attainable if we offer something decent $$$ wise and a perfect Cripps replacement.

If we're smart, we should be able to have our cake and eat it too.

*Edit - 25 disposals, 2 goals, 3 tackles, 2 clearances, 10 inside 50's, 8 score involvements. to be exact.

Last edited:
no point stressing about pick 3. if there is anything i learned this time last year it is that pick 3 is the only lock in the draft and shits all over pick 1 which will be a dud.

I never said he won’t make it, I simply said he’s no guarantee and his placement in this years draft rankings prove my point.

Champion will slide largely because of positional ambiguity. He played most of his juniors as a general midfielder and that's a big red flag.

Clubs have a pretty poor track record with small forwards. 2017 draft is a text book example where the top end smalls ended up demonstrably worse than those that went afterwards.

Pick 6 - Jaidyn Stephenson
Pick 17 - Jack Higgins
Pick 26 - Liam Ryan
Pick 27 - Brent Daniels
Pick 38 - Jack Petruccelle
Pick 67 - Dylan Moore
Pick 73 - Sam Switkowski

If welsh rises up draft board does that decrease likelihood of crows grabbing norf pick 2
Sid Draper with 23 disposals, 5 tackles and 6 clearances (team high) today.

Continues to perform at a high level in the SANFL.

Really hope we just stay put at 3 and take him.
I'm feeling sick every game he plays he is marching up order.

Let's hope richmond pick Finn and we can spook norf with the remains of SA jhf.

Someone tell the power and Crows yo withdraw him from combine

Would throw a decent offer at O’driscoll from the dockers. Out of contract looked good playing inside mid as the sub in the last quarter. Imagine he’d be loyal to freo but worth having a go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
At least you can watch Tobie in just over two hours
Might have the wrong day there. But I did see Tobie today at the Pioneers game.
I also let Jimmy Barrat know that we'd be taking him at the end of the season. He was pretty keen to come to us (were he selected by us).
He was also best on for the Pioneers today.
Jobe would be keen to come our way as well (not that I think he'd be in our considerations).

Might have the wrong day there. But I did see Tobie today at the Pioneers game.
I also let Jimmy Barrat know that we'd be taking him at the end of the season. He was pretty keen to come to us (were he selected by us).
He was also best on for the Pioneers today.
Jobe would be keen to come our way as well (not that I think he'd be in our considerations).
I was watching the stream and didn’t see Tobie so figured he wasn’t playing for the Pioneers. Great, Tobie and Jimmy has a nice ring to it and will already have “backline chemistry”.

Jobe’s the best KPF in the draft IMO (yes better than Armstrong) but yes, very much off the menu for us unless we ended up trading Waterman.

If we don’t have to burn pick 58 on a Malakai bid and take Barrat or Dennis instead I’d be stoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back