$10 Name a Game DVD's

Remove this Banner Ad

Free shipping today at sports delivered. Picked up the Modra highlights dvd. For only $4.99 couldn't resist it at free shipping.

Stoked that SportsDelivered are doing this again:thumbsu:. Kept me satisfied last summer preventing footy sickness (which is similar to home sickness). The games I have in mind are:

2000 Round 13 - Stunned a third-placed Richmond with a win at Docklands. High scoring match and Vardy kicked six.

2001 Round 15 - Blight's last game as Saints coach. Huge win and Jarman tore it up that night

2002 Round 17 - Narrow win against Geelong at Kardinia ending their winning streak. An immense performance from Roo and, of course, the infamous Ayres incident when he gave it to the Geelong ferals having a go at him

2004 Round 10 - Huge win against the Hawks in Roo's 250th. Carey kicked a brilliant goal running from the win

2005 Round 2 - McLeod slamming home the winner with a 50m drop punt from the boundary

2005 Round 22 - A tough win to claim our first minor premiership, but it may be hard to watch given what happened the following week

2005 SF - Dream final

2006 QF - Rattled by injuries but we came from a slow start and ran away with the win by kicking 5 goals in the last and leaving Freo scoreless.

2009 EF - Never saw the game on TV as I was witnessing this magnificent win at the ground, but of course we know what happened the following week...

2011 Round 1 - Come from behind win in our anniversary match

But on our board in the youtube thread I'm having a discussion with a youngster about how good Ablett Snr's leap was. I made the comment that Modra was a better leap than Gaz.

It would be fair to say I dont have many freinds on the board regarding the subject.

Here is one comment "Modra was a great jumper but he didn't get up like Ablett.
Brett Burton, Darrell White were better jumpers than Modra."

I reckon Burton got higher more often, but Modra's leaps were more conventional, classical mark-taking leaps and made for better viewing. Burton's leaps were more unpredictable, arms and legs everywhere.

Both were better leaps than Ablett Snr.

I reckon Burton got higher more often, but Modra's leaps were more conventional, classical mark-taking leaps and made for better viewing. Burton's leaps were more unpredictable, arms and legs everywhere.

Both were better leaps than Ablett Snr.

That's a very good observation. I think that also comes down to Modra knowing how to use his environment better too. Burton would jump at anything and everything, whereas Modra know when to hold back and when there were suitable bodies around to use as step ladders.

Epic list is epic!

Thanks! My girlfriend doesn't understand the obsession. I keep saying I'm not going to buy any more but then I inevitably do. I didn't really have any more still in mind to get after my last batch earlier this year, but I have already seen a few suggestions in this thread which I may pick up when the sale comes around again.

Bugger! I bought it two days ago and had to pay $7 postage! :mad:

Ditto. I've been eyeing the DVD off for a while (as a kid i wore one VHS tape of it out but still had a spare). Watching it now is many things, among them; hilarious (90s fashion and campy editing), amazing (a nobody kicking 100 goals in his second season is more amazing now than back then), and nostalgic also now.
To lighten to postage blow i bought that Funniest Footy Moments one too, that's a bit meh but not bad for $5.

Round 17, 2002. Geelong vs Adelaide at Skilled Stadium.

That was the game where Ayres got stuck into the Geelong ferals giving him stick. Roo was immense that day.
Was that the patented Gary Ayres shakeup: "We're down by 20, Roo to FF in the final quarter!".

Roo kicked 5 in a row or something.

Ditto. I've been eyeing the DVD off for a while (as a kid i wore one VHS tape of it out but still had a spare). Watching it now is many things, among them; hilarious (90s fashion and campy editing), amazing (a nobody kicking 100 goals in his second season is more amazing now than back then), and nostalgic also now.
To lighten to postage blow i bought that Funniest Footy Moments one too, that's a bit meh but not bad for $5.

Haha got that too. Will be interesting to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have just shy of 50 matches on DVD, so if you are looking for something different take a look through this list. It has all the usual suspects but also a few hidden gems.

1991 Round 1 – Adelaide v Hawthorn
“First Blood”

1992 Round 12 – Hawthorn v Adelaide
Come from behind 1-point victory.

1993 Round 4 – Adelaide v Fitzroy
Tight, close 1-point victory.

1993 Round 8 – Adelaide v North Melbourne
Two point win, Modra kicks ten and takes mark of the year.

1993 First EF – Hawthorn v Adelaide
First finals match/First finals win.

1994 Round 1 – Adelaide v Carlton
Big win against reigning Grand Finalists, Modra kicks 13.

1994 Round 6 – Brisbane v Adelaide
Big come from behind win at the Gabba.

1995 Round 9 – Adelaide v Hawthorn
McLeod comes of age by kicking “that” goal to steal a two point win.

1996 Round 17 – Adelaide v Fitzroy
14-goal second quarter sets up big win.

1997 First QF – Adelaide v West Coast
First home finals match and win.

1997 Second SF – Adelaide v Geelong
Finals match.

1997 First PF – Western Bulldogs v Adelaide
First Preliminary final win.

1997 Grand Final – Adelaide v St. Kilda
Speaks for itself.

1998 Second SF – Sydney v Adelaide
Finals win away from home and in the wet.

1998 First PF – Western Bulldogs v Adelaide
Second Preliminary final win, sets up second consecutive GF appearance.

1998 Grand Final – Adelaide v North Melbourne
Again, speaks for itself.

1999 Round 12 – Adelaide v Collingwood
Narrow come-from-behind victory.

2000 Round 7 - Port Adelaide v Adelaide
Ricciuto collects 41 possessions in a massive comeback to narrowly win Showdown.

2001 Round 4 – Carlton v Adelaide
Ricciuto kicks 4 goals in thunder and lightning to overrun Blues.

2001 Round 8 – Richmond v Adelaide
9 goal third quarter special to overrun Tigers.

2001 Round 9 – Brisbane Lions v Adelaide
Last team to beat Brisbane before their undefeated run to the flag, and at the Gabba.

2001 Round 20 – Kangaroos v Adelaide
Ten goal win, Ricciuto and McLeod 35 touches each.

2002 Round 17 – Geelong v Adelaide
Deadly accurate to hold off Geelong for a rare win at Kardinia. Ayres gives the two finger salute.

2002 Second SF – Adelaide v Melbourne
40 points up at quarter time, 22 points down at ¾ time, epic finals win.

2003 Wizard Cup Grand Final – Adelaide v Collingwood
First pre-season Premiership.

2003 Round 6 – Kangaroos v Adelaide
Wayne Carey’s first match against his old side.

2003 Round 18 – Adelaide v Sydney
Narrow win, one of Carey’s best games with five goals.

2003 Second EF – Adelaide v West Coast
Finals win.

2004 Round 10 – Hawthorn v Adelaide
Big win at the ‘G, Carey kicks a brilliant goal running from the wing.

2005 Round 2 – Collingwood v Adelaide
McLeod kicks the Garry Lyon “Don’t Tell Me” sealer from 50 on the boundary in a tight match.

2005 Round 3 – Adelaide v Port Adelaide
Big showdown win.

2005 Round 20 – Port Adelaide v Adelaide
Heritage round tight Showdown win.

2005 First SF – Adelaide v Port Adelaide
“The Dream Final” massive win in first finals showdown match.

2006 Round 10 – Adelaide v Essendon
Highest ever score in McLeod’s 250th.

2006 Round 16 – Adelaide v Kangaroos
Ricciuto’s 300th and a big win.

2006 Second QF – Adelaide v Fremantle
Finals win.

2007 Round 22 – Collingwood v Adelaide
Good win to seal finals spot.

2008 Round 3 – Adelaide v Port Adelaide
Defied the Port demolition machine to hold on for a memorable victory.

2008 Round 18 - Adelaide v Carlton
Held on against fast finishing Blues.

2008 Round 19 – Adelaide v Richmond
McLeod’s 300th game, big win.

2009 Round 1 – Collingwood v Adelaide
Held off the Pies in an enthralling contest. Debut of Taylor Walker.

2009 Round 9 – Adelaide v Carlton
Started 7-game winning streak with Knights kicking five. McLeod breaks games record in 313th match.

2009 Round 10 – Adelaide v Hawthorn
Solid win with Walker kicking five and winning Rising Star nomination.

2009 Round 11 – Essendon v Adelaide
Extreme accuracy from both sides with Adelaide being too good and Tippett kicking 7. Edwards' 300th game.

2009 Round 20 – Hawthorn v Adelaide
Solid win with Trent Hentschel kicking 4 goals in his second comeback.

2009 Round 22 – Carlton v Adelaide
The Birdman takes mark of the year in a big win before finals.

2009 First EF – Adelaide v Essendon
Massive finals victory.

2010 Round 16 – Adelaide v Geelong
Memorable victory against the dominant Geelong side.

2011 Round 1 – Adelaide v Hawthorn
Come from behind win in rematch of first ever game.

Super list crow28! Did you get all these dvd's from name a game? I have about 20 but some of these i tried to order last year and they couldn't make them for me? Suprisingly 1991 v Hawks and Mods kicking 10 v the Roos in 93. I will try and order the rest of your list this year cheers for that! Any other sites you have used?

Super list crow28! Did you get all these dvd's from name a game? I have about 20 but some of these i tried to order last year and they couldn't make them for me? Suprisingly 1991 v Hawks and Mods kicking 10 v the Roos in 93. I will try and order the rest of your list this year cheers for that! Any other sites you have used?

Most of them are NAG ones, but i got a dvd recorder in 2008 so many since then are recorded off tv (unfortunately not the seamless play u get from NAG ones cos I've had to cut out ads). A few of the earlier games I also managed to record from the old late night 7two footy flashbacks, which is where i got the 93 roos game.

1991 v Hawks was never available thru NAG so eventually i found an old First Blood VHS for sale on ebay and bought it and transferred it to DVD, though it is now available from sportsdelivered.com as part of the killer quarters pack, and not long after i bought it it was shown on 7two, though there is more footage on the VHS than they showed on tv. Actually, if anybody here has both the original VHS and the new DVD i'd love to know if there is anything more on the DVD version.

I also have the triple triumph set which accounts for three of the games, and the two GFs are the commericially released ones, but all in all probably 2/3 of the games are NAG.

I've tried the "t" word (i don't think i'm allowed to mention it here?) but found the quality too poor to bother with.

2012 $10 NAG sale on Thursday 9th Feb from midday. keep the suggestions for games to purchase coming here lads. may i suggest a smokey and say Port v GC 2011...:D

2012 $10 NAG sale on Thursday 9th Feb from midday. keep the suggestions for games to purchase coming here lads. may i suggest a smokey and say Port v GC 2011...:D

Curious to know.... does anybody have any games that don't feature the Crows? The only one I have is the 08 GF which I recorded from TV. I love that game. But generally speaking I don't think I could watch many other teams classic games, no matter how good they are.

I've settled on my list of games to get in the upcoming sale to add to the list I previously posted.

1997 Round 17 – Adelaide v Richmond
At the time was our highest ever score and second biggest winning margin.

1997 Round 19 - Port Adelaide v Adelaide
First showdown win, coming from behind while keeping Port scoreless in last quarter.

1998 Round 12 - Adelaide v Essendon
Epic, narrow, tight win.

1998 Round 13 - Collingwood v Adelaide
Held off Pies to beat them for first time in Melbourne.

2000 Round 13 - Richmond v Adelaide
Tough, close game. Vardy kicks 6.

2001 Round 15 - St. Kilda v Adelaide
Massive win, Blight's final game as Saints coach.

2008 Round 20 - Essendon v Adelaide
Danger's debut, first win against Essendon in Melbourne, Nick Gill kicks 5. :D:p

2009 Round 15 - Adelaide v Fremantle
Kept Freo to only one goal for entire match. Goody's 250th.

There is one more game I want, which is the game where the crowd all chanted Nigel Smarts name. I'm pretty sure this was his last match, round 13 2004 against the Bulldogs. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back