Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
phpPbymKptrade-hub-150x150.jpg

Andrew Lowther:
saints very confident about securing Brown as of 20 minutes ago. in talking to WCE now.

http://www.afl.com.au/offseason/trade/tradechat/tabid/19803/default.aspx

Jack Rush QC, Danni Rush, Paul Kirk and Russell Caplan are four new directors at Saints

Jackson Ferguson a FB? I thought if they knew who Jackson was they might have an idea of what type of player he is...

May as well suggest Jay Lever.
I thought the suggestions couldn't get much worse, then someone brings up Paul Bower.

Well sounds like Gilham is off the table if they were keeping him in mind as a plan B... Off to GWS apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12:13

defaultavitar.gif

Ashley Browne:
Mitch Brown. Saints and West Coast have met today. I reckon this one will get done. No mail, just a hunch.

I'm just baffled that the Eagles/Dons/Saints 3-way hasn't happened. Getting Hooker and Cripps for Brown = overs.

I've gone cold on Brown of late - 26 and Cripps is absolutely max. Considering Cripps is walking and the Eagles will be able to bend us over for him (41 best pick - meanig we go 25, 26, 41, 46 and 47 becomes probably not used?. Meh), he's effecitvely worth nothing to us, unfortunately. So, 26 for Brown = fine by me

Lesson learnt: draft local boys and if you want to go interstate - there needs to be a connection to Vic, or decent interviewing to assess their mental capacity to deal with moving away. We don't get any AFL compo for go home factor like NSW/QLD clubs do/did - so we just need to be smarter.

Bambi legs Ferguson is not a full back. runs and links well but not strong enough to handle the monsters.

Wallace truly struggling to understand the Hickey trade. All he sees is pick 13 going... Absolute muppet. How hard is it?

BECOMES

Lee, Hickey, 25, 26, 46, 47

How on earth is that not a massive win at face value? You go from 4 picks (meaning 4 chances at success) to 4 picks and 2 known quantities (6 chances). Emma Quayle (who is very respectable) has said Hickey would be big man #2 in this draft, and if there, we'd have taken him at 13 anyway. We used pick 9 on McEvoy, and i'd do it again and again and again.

Baffling how simplistic these people are. No wonder he took JON and Tambo.

I don't see how he reckons the Lee trade was good, but the Hickey deal was a loss. They're the exact same trade. Oh besides the fact Hickey has performed at AFL level and shown signs he's a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back