Discussion 2012 List Management: De-Listings, Trades, Drafting & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Eagles, I'm confused. So you want him at your club for another year in the reserves and maybe a couple of senior berths, till his contract runs out, when maybe the captain and All-Australian in his position might retire, despite him requesting a trade home this year for more opportunities? I know this sounds snarky, and I realise you're going to shrug this off as another ill-informed opposition supporter's opinion, but where is the care for the individual? He wants to go home, and while I recognise you "hold the power" due to his contract, I don't know how that is beneficial for Brown or the team's morale.

If we don't have a replacement there is no alternative.
It's hard to see what will happen in 12 months.
But unless there is an alternative key back who can replace Glass in 12 months we really need to play hard ball.
I don't think team morale will suffer because of this.

Sorry Eagles, I'm confused. So you want him at your club for another year in the reserves and maybe a couple of senior berths, till his contract runs out, when maybe the captain and All-Australian in his position might retire, despite him requesting a trade home this year for more opportunities? I know this sounds snarky, and I realise you're going to shrug this off as another ill-informed opposition supporter's opinion, but where is the care for the individual? He wants to go home, and while I recognise you "hold the power" due to his contract, I don't know how that is beneficial for Brown or the team's morale.

Could be wrong...

I think a couple of them are more pointing out that until they read a quote from him that he wants to come home?

See it believe it kind of vibe perhaps.

3rd rounder? What are you on about? He was only drafted two years ago
We drafted Tom lynch in 2008 for pick 13, by 2011 he went to Adelaide for pick 37. I thought we were lucky to get that much from Adelaide.

We picked up Cripps in 2010 for pick 24. If he also dropped 24 picks then he'd be comfortably into the 3rd round.

I don't rate Tom Lynch or Jamie Cripps. Can you tell?

We drafted Tom lynch in 2008 for pick 13, by 2011 he went to Adelaide for pick 37. I thought we were lucky to get that much from Adelaide.

We picked up Cripps in 2010 for pick 24. If he also dropped 24 picks then he'd be comfortably into the 3rd round.

The thing with Lynch was that he showed absolutely nothing when given AFL games, Cripps has.

So would our 2nd round be enough?
I very much hope not.
I'd value him at pick 30.
Yeah, about that, but it's hard to tell as he was diagnosed with diabetes just before we drafted him and then he had compartment syndrome in his legs that kept him out of the 2nd half of last year. I'm not sure how long that effected him, but it's fair to say he did start the season off slowly this year, but then was sent back to the VFL and did really well there by all reports and then came back into our seniors and really showed something. I wouldn't want to lose him for anything less than pick 30, as he ought to be ready to really show what he's got next year.

He has serious speed, knows how to use it and has a real knack for kicking running goals. Those that have those attributes don't just grow on trees. He'll love it at Subi, too.

Luke Delaney wants more game time and opportunity. Saints and Hawks were interested, I doubt the Hawks will still want him after they have got Lake.

exactly brown shouldnt be the be all and end all. theres other options. west coast dont want a straight swap and potentially a late pick then move on.

brown has been on a list for a long time. its shit or get off the pot for him next year.

so is lee seen has roo's long term replacement or are lee/hickey/stanley all in the same position? wheres does wilkes fit in?

is lever being groomed as a CHB?
Wilkes, Stanley, Lee as our 1,2,3 talls. Hickey probably will come in to Rotate with Big Macca in the long term to keep Stanley as a main forward. And from what i have heard Lever best position is defense so probably.

Tom Lynch also played 6 games, 1 of which where he was pantsed by Fletcher up forward and an average of 10 pos & 0.9goals per as a forward.

This year as a Crow he also had 6 games for a very slight increase on his goal average and much of the same.

Cripps played 4 games for 6.5 pos & 1.75 goals in 2011 as sub as a forward flanker, this year he added 12 to surpass the games played of Tom Lynch, for 9.75 pos & 0.75 goals per also as a flanker.

So no, if Lynch was worth 37 to the Crows then in the same situation Cripps is worth 26 (as one game his average was shot with a 3 pos effort where he then missed 10 weeks with the knee "twist" he suffered vs Richmond).

So I dare say you judge players far too harshly.

Looking at the highlight package Lee looks like Roo Mk 2, at least in the way he plays, so I think it will be very interesting to see how we line up up forward next year. I'm not sure we'd have enough muscle if we just had Roo, Stanley and Lee up there, as they are all relatively skinny. Reckon we need Beau for his size and strength. Maybe Lee will be mobile enough to play as the "medium, lead-up HF"?

HF: Lee Stanley Saad
F: Riewoldt Wilkes Milne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my fwd line would be like this next year
HF milera reiwoldt lee/wilkes
F milne stanley saad

kozi should not be playing. if he does were in trouble. he is ruck depth for 1 more year before being sent to the farm. blake is surplus now, so it looks like retirement.

how many more years do people think roo has in him?

An update: we will look to keep pick 24 as our first live pick, 13 is on the table for Caddy and Hickey plus a good player, rmoured to be Sam Gilbert but can't confirm the player identity.
If this was to come to fruition, and we happen to land Brown with the Cripps deal. Let's just say the Mrs won't need to do too much work next year;)

If you could somehow net us someone like Hooker in a 3-way deal then I'd be interested (can't speak for the club).

Probably better we deal with the club I'd suggest.

GOLD!!!!!
Watch the Tom Lee highlights and I'm sure you will agree he is worth pick 12 every day of the week, he gets higher than Joe Cocker and takes pack marks.

That would be nice

Get used to 'the boy from mosman park' then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back