List Mgmt. 2013 Trade / Draft / Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1. Hawthorn took Dayle Garlett despite past discrepancies, I'd like to think an AFL club can provide the support and counselling to get these kids to turn their lives around.
Thing is there's only a few AFL clubs that have support networks of that quality in place. We've made steps in the right direction but I don't think we're there yet

i'm confused. can you explain why you were happy to sledge the poor kid with open ended innuendo that could be interpreted anyway possible and spread from there, but you are not happy to post the specifics? i can understand not posting them if the kid was involved in a legal matter, but i dont think anyone is suggesting anything near that. i also would have thought if you have a problem with posting the specifics, then you would be like me and have a problem with posting the innuendo. afterall it wouldnt be the first time a journalist has trolled through somewhere like here looking for goss.

last thing i would add is that i've seen people expelled from private schools for the most mundane things. he could have been expelled for wearing the wrong shoes too many times or maybe questioning some of the religious beliefs. maybe extended explained absences. then you get the jack darling scenario, whilst not good, was hardly the devastating behavior some made it out to be, especially the print media. hell i've seen des headland cop it from a small number of teachers towards the end of year 12 for the smallest of things, even though he was a very good kid in a good family, does that mean he was of bad character? some teachers just don't understand the career pathway the kid is on and what it means for them

the point i'm making is, i wouldnt be looking at that and questioning the kids character without knowing the details

and btw i wasn't just referring to this forum or you. it goes beyond that. i am not comfortable with the rumor mongering that is now being lumped on kids before they're even drafted, professional afl players/adults in other leagues is one thing, kids still in school is another. some of it ends up in speculative media that has in the past affected peoples ability to get drafted or atleast increased the pressure on the kid
Good post, but it's fair to say all of us have been banging on about us having a low tolerance of St Kilda players behaviour after the litany of indescretions in the last few years, it has cost us money and our brand has suffered majorly.

All I am suggesting is that I would prefer to have kids of unquestionable character instead of borderline kids.....Caro will be waiting knife in hand to bring us down.

Up at 5.19am on a Sunday? Surely you jest?

Brian the early bird gets the worm. And so many great reasons to get up early living here on the Sunshine Coast.

I have no idea who Tom Lamb is or what he is about.

What I do know is that many a business leader and elite sports person have had a less than auspicious life style when they were young. I grew up around St Kilda in a time where you would be crazy to walk the streets after dark... think Bojangles. And yeah we did some crazy things. And most of us have done ok... we grew up.

People can come good if they want to. Many of us no doubt (and myself included) have done foolish things in our youth and truth is that we don't know why a person does what they do. No one knows what goes on inside that person's head, life and family that motivates them to be silly. It could be peer pressure, it could be family problems. No one knows.

Their family could be dysfunctional for all we know. There's the old saying that to know a man then you should walk a mile in his shoes. So unless anyone has, they should just STFU up about him. If he is looking to carve out a career and make a life for himself, then all power to him.

He deserves a chance just like the rest of us. There are many who have done far worse than he has allegedly done and been given a shot at redemption. So I cannot fathom why anyone would be so quick to write him off because he is just a kid who perhaps needs some proper guidance.

I am also appalled at the some of the hypocrisy when it comes to passing judgement on people. Sure he may have done some silly things... but you'd want to make sure that your closet is empty of skeletons before you judge him or call him names... especially people who make racist remarks or defamatory / sexist remarks on social media.

These kids will decide what they do in the future and that their destiny will hold. The past does not equal the future unless they want it that way.

But it certainly isn't up to us to judge or predict what a person's character will grow into.

IMHO :)

Sorry but I am growing tired of all this personal nastiness towards players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would he leave Melbourne and join St Kilda?

Sounds pretty stupid, doubt he'll be in a St Kilda Guernsey in 2015.

a free agency bidding war might help. Free agency works better for clubs with cap space.

Brian the early bird gets the worm. And so many great reasons to get up early living here on the Sunshine Coast.

I just spent a weeks vacation at my mate's place in Brisbane.
Good reasons to get up early = 30 degree's at six o clock due to stubborn resistance to daylight saving.
Bad reasons to get up early = hungover and seedy.

ffs leave tom lamb alone hes the grandson of a stkilda premiership player. we look after our own were not collingwood.

I agree with this, but to what extent are we willing to protect "our own" at the reputation of the football club? It's a sport about passion and team-work, sure, but in this business and especially with the Saints history, we must start to think of making tough choices.

I agree with this, but to what extent are we willing to protect "our own" at the reputation of the football club? It's a sport about passion and team-work, sure, but in this business and especially with the Saints history, we must start to think of making tough choices.
what is he 17? he cant be that bad the ais are taking him overseas. sometimes you have to take risks its part of life whether it be footy, business or other. no point sitting around saying hes a gun that kid despite his past, its a shame he plays for carlton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back