List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We absolutely do have a choice and his wage on the books isn’t causing any stress for next year.
You and your fellow supportive posters must be having real trouble understanding what is happening here. Poor fellows. I'll explain it slowly for you. Our club has offered over the top shit loads to at least five interested opposition players. We have to offload Steven, Bruce etc to fu......ing fit them in our cap space.simple
So quit the sarcastic shit directed at me and just open one eye to see that might make sense

I don't have an answer, but that doesn't mean we should cling to something that is clearly not accurate. See the points value for three picks in the 30s, could probably get you a top 10 pick. Shows that the points are not based on reality.

Pick 6 and a future seconds is already overs for Hill, no need to add mayo on it by saying they turned down pick 2 for him.
Is our coaching panel set? I wouldn't mind having a chat with Scott Camporeale...

Feeling more and more that we will come to a Tippett like arrangement with Stuv. Pay him a portion of his deal, keep him on the list and he can either retire or go to the Cats as a FA in 12 months time.

Would steer clear. Adelaide mate over the moon this morning re news of Camps and Burton departures. To say he did not rate either is and understatement.

Like whom? Against the rules to have multiple nic's on here, think they all get perma bans.

Name them so the mods can deal with it.

Cheers

I think its pretty obvious whom, he/her has been outted before

Not sure what you mean George. We have a player that is not well. We need to make sure that a deal is done as soon as possible for his well being. The more this drags on the more anxious he will get and..........
Just stop while you're behind.

Not sure what you mean George. We have a player that is not well. We need to make sure that a deal is done as soon as possible for his well being. The more this drags on the more anxious he will get and..........
You're being ridiculous mate, hard to tell if you're taking the piss or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would we line up if we got Bonar in?

C: Long Steele Bonar?
Or would we have him on the bench?
Int: Brown Bonar White Kent

Sorry getting pretty bored here

Savage Bonar Acres

Bonar Brown Hind

White Bonar Mayo

Lethers prepared for Long Bonar Battle

If it came down to paying >50% of Stuv’s salary next year to get him to Geelong for a ‘nothing pick’, then I’d much rather pay 100% of his salary and keep him on.

Let him spend as much time at home as he wants. He might play zero games, or he might play all of them. Either way, it’s a chance of some decent output which will be sweetened by either potential Free Agency compensation, or keeping him on for another few years (pending his mental health and desire) since he could easily slot into a more forward- based role towards the end of his career.

He has, potentially, 5 years of football left at a decent (or higher) level. Happy to roll the dice on a bit more of a salary hit to potentially get those 5 years or, at least, get better compensation than a pick that’s closer to 100 than 1.
The key point is that him playing football for Geelong vs no football (or only local footy) should not make a major difference to his mental health. Cutting social ties, such as at a club, would be negative, but I would fairly strongly argue that there would be better support networks at his local club with his brothers and close mates than at a brand new AFL club with rigorous demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back