List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent a few hours listening to Trade Radio and it's interesting how different clubs views are on the next 2 draft years. We hear from well connected people that the Saints dont rate either highly, yet clubs like Melbourne, Fremantle, Port and others must rate the talent reasonably highly with their trading approaches.

Then you look at what North did being happy to trade out of the 1st round, to hold 2 x firsts next year.

Obviously our list dynamic has affected our decisions, but it will be interesting to see in a few years time who took the right path.
I think every clubs point of view on next years draft is probably heavily driven by how many academy/FS selections they have in it!!

But my measuring tape is all i have man!

But in all seriousness when you put it this way Kegs, i may be able to live with it!
Especially when Hill receives a Norm Smith Medal at some point over the next 3 years!
Make no mistake i want him and think a team like ours needs him!

But getting reamed by a midget is not good for my self esteem!

He gets bugger all Brownlow votes, he'd have to do something out of the box to get a NS.

The deal will be as follows:

Pick 10, future second round pick OR Acres, and Pick 58 (from Steven trade).

For Hill and a future fourth round pick.

I’m hoping we give them the second round pick. We’ll still be able to acquire Jones with the Pick we get from Bruce.

Your sauce is reasonable. And this seems reasonable. Agree I'm hoping for the pick too.

The deal will be as follows:

Pick 10, future second round pick OR Acres, and Pick 58 (from Steven trade).

For Hill and a future fourth round pick.

I’m hoping we give them the second round pick. We’ll still be able to acquire Jones with the Pick we get from Bruce.

acres is surplus to requirements. i'd prefer to keep the 2nd

Seriously speaking, does anyone else feel like the club is in great hands? I was a fan of Lethlean showing up, I know he wants to rebuild his reputation in the industry and what better way than to turn around the Saints? I admit I was big on the Banker as the list manager. Reckon I might have gotten that wrong. Two very ruthless individuals, one with an axe to grind which I like.

I think Lethlean will end up being the best thing to happen to the club since the #1 pick in 2000.

Seriously speaking, does anyone else feel like the club is in great hands? I was a fan of Lethlean showing up, I know he wants to rebuild his reputation in the industry and what better way than to turn around the Saints? I admit I was big on the Banker as the list manager. Reckon I might have gotten that wrong. Two very ruthless individuals, one with an axe to grind which I like.

I think Lethlean will end up being the best thing to happen to the club since the #1 pick in 2000.

He's a man on a mission. Very good operator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While not ideal having such late picks, I will back our recruiters in to do a good job. While it’s usually slim pickings, there are handy picks beyond 50. These players have shown moments... and only last 4 year sample.

2015:
Jordan Dawson 56
Nathan Broad 67
Michael Hartley 68

2016:
Willie Rioli 52
Jack Graham 53
Quinton Narkle 60
Dylan Clarke 63
Luke Ryan 66
Mitchell Lewis 76
Jake Waterman 77

2017:
Grian Myers 57
Dylan Moore 67
Matt Guelfi 76

2018:
Nick Hind 54
Noah Answerth 55
Marty Hore 56
Will Hayes 78

Probably something that stands out that is with late picks to go to state leagues.

I agree, Lethlean has been really, really good for us sofar, and from the outside it looks like he's passionate and committed to turning us around, to bring us back to finals and deliver a flag. I feel like he took the role as a way back into the AFL system, but has become attached to the club since. That's my read on it anyway. It's the first time in a while that I've felt genuine confidence and excitement about the future of the club.

I bloody hope Freo and Essendon need to negotiate a deal in the near future. Imagine watching those 2 muppets try to get a deal done. Wowee
To be fair, only Sydney (Dempster; Schneider; Membrey); GWS (Bruce; Steele) and Hawthorn (Mcevoy; pick swaps in our favour) have been nice to us in the past. Other teams not so much.. Essendon and now Freo are complete muppets.

he said Bens dad contacted him on Sunday night about the offer from the suns. Lethers told him it’s an offer he can’t refuse
But he never considered going to the Saints...

This pretty much tells us everyone, including his family, were all invested in him coming to StKilda until GC (AFL) threw a ridiculous amount of money at him. Someone's father doesnt ring the GM of Footy at a club to tell him that unless something was already agreed upon between the parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back