Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a tall defender who is ready to play: Is Blake Schlensog eligible to be a DFA?

We still need a capable back up up ruck who is better than Hunter.

Yeah he is. I would like Michael Hartley also as a DFA. More a genuine 1 on 1 defender.

I know it might be an unpopular opinion but I'd consider Casboult as a rookie. Can play any end of the ground.

According to Ralph we, "Literally did nothing" this trade period. Well they better "literally" correct the AFL and all other media outlets :smirk:. How do these people "literally" have jobs in the media?

View attachment 1259809

I literally don’t care what the media thinks. 🤣

I'm not one to toot my own horn

I made myself laugh

Jeepers.
Of all the places to draw a line in the sand- sure picked an odd one here Brady.

Maybe this was like some on the job training seminar requirement?

"negotiating with confidence"

Exercise 1:

Choose 1 of the 2 following scenarios and stick to a pre-determined price; irrespective of how little is at stake or how close an unsuccessful offer may be.

Scenario 1:
Barter with your local green grocer for 1 ripe melon.

Scenario 2:
Barter with a business rival over something neither of you really care about, like a stapler or a 4th choice ruckman.

According to Ralph we, "Literally did nothing" this trade period. Well they better "literally" correct the AFL and all other media outlets :smirk:. How do these people "literally" have jobs in the media?

View attachment 1259809

And Mr "they won't win a game" stated no window at all. That rod is right up there and obscuring view.

I pity anyone that take them at face value. Sensationalist nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We now reallly need North to select Daicos, forcing the Pies to chew up all those picks to match them. If they dont, our picks dont slide up the order as far (ie increase in points value) and we'll probably have to go into debt next year to get the 2 x NGA's
We can still trade picks from now up until the end of the draft

Had we have taken the Roos Future Second and swapping of future thirds the deal would have looked a little like this.

I anticipate the Saints could finish around 6th, because I'm very one eyed.

Future 2nd would be approx Pick 31, Future 3rd about Pick 49. Kangas will probably come last again, or second last. Their third rounder would be about Pick 38.

So basically...

Xerri and Pick 38 (465 points)
Pick 31 (606) and Pick 49 (287) for 893 points.

Left over is 428 points (Pick 40)

Hopefully he has a blinder this season and still wants to leave and we get him for nothing.

We now reallly need North to select Daicos, forcing the Pies to chew up all those picks to match them. If they dont, our picks dont slide up the order as far (ie increase in points value) and we'll probably have to go into debt next year to get the 2 x NGA's
Watch they’ll screw us over as payback

Wtf lol? They've traded out a contracted Ladhams for a 4 spot swap in the teen picks. This is like when they gave us Dougal + Ryder + pick 18 for pick 10

View attachment 1259832
Those picks will end up 14 and 18.

With how even the draft is from 12 onwards it seems a good deal for the Swans.

As someone who tore into dawks fans on here a few years ago over them drinking their own bathwater and denying the existence of the cliff they were about to fall off...

I personally am pretty chuffed to see how this trade week has panned out.

Sam mitchell desperately trying to offload the chumps they sold their future for... and getting zero interest.

It is a thing of beauty.
#geelong2023

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back