• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely in that case you'd have to apply the same logic to Rankine, who you're obviously very keen to give up pick 4 for?
I've seen Rankine destroy opposition players in the midfield .....play with them & make them look silly

I haven't seen that with Rachelle ......but happy for you to post clips that show otherwise ;)

Again, I'll repeat .....I'm not saying Rachelle is, or will be, an average player

Both of us mate .....I can dig up your posts again ;)

It was more around need ....pick #4 on a small fwd.

I wanted Mac Andrew or Finn Callaghan .....they were my choices, my position was, you can pick up small FWDs later in the Draft .....Rachelle will want to be "special" , just my opinion

Kozi Pickett #12
Cody Weightman #15
Paul Curtis #35
Toby Greene #11
Shai Bolton #29
You always want someone that we don't have the draft collateral to get...

I keep it realistic.

I've seen Rankine destroy opposition players in the midfield .....play with them & make them look silly

I haven't seen that with Rachelle ......but happy for you to post clips that show otherwise ;)

Again, I'll repeat .....I'm not saying Rachelle is, or will be, an average player
Fair points, but let's be honest, both of their best work will be done in the forward line in the future. I can see them both being high-tier fwd/mids eventually - Rankine the agile, athletic crumber; Rachele the powerful, hybrid crumber/marking small. Lethal combo to have

The same Josh Rachele that was rated the best player in his his age group in all of Australia at the U16's Carnival winning both the Carnival and Vic Country 's M.V.P.......playing midfield, that Josh Rachele?

Fair points, but let's be honest, both of their best work will be done in the forward line in the future. I can see them both being high-tier fwd/mids eventually - Rankine the agile, athletic crumber; Rachele the powerful, hybrid crumber/marking small. Lethal combo to have
What's the difference between Rozee and Rankine / Rachelle ? ......Rozee blossoming since getting more midfield minutes .....Rozee is just very injury prone

The same Josh Rachele that was rated the best player in his his age group in all of Australia at the U16's Carnival winning both the Carnival and Vic Country 's M.V.P.......playing midfield, that Josh Rachele?
I take no notice of U16's, you know that .....he's now being judged against the best "Men" in the AFL

You could go back to U12's ....but does it tell us anything ? ......It didn't for so many champion juniors over time

What's the difference between Rozee and Rankine / Rachelle ? ......Rozee blossoming since getting more midfield minutes .....Rozee is just very injury prone
Rozee should've been moved into the midfield sooner, honestly. Was stagnating playing in the forward line - needed to be moved up the ground in order to take the next step in his development, which he has

Watching Rankine and Rachele, I'm confident that both have the ability to be high-level goalkickers, more-so than a Rozee type. As I said, forward line is where their best work will eventually be done IMO, but they'll definitely push up the ground from time to time

I take no notice of U16's, you know that .....he's now being judged against the best "Men" in the AFL

You could go back to U12's ....but does it tell us anything ? ......It didn't for so many champion juniors over time
Yeah and he's shown nothing?

Rachele has the skills, speed, evasiveness, hardness and footy smarts to play any position/role on the ground that the club chooses to other than Key Position or Ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know nothing about him. Mid? Whats his profile?
Mid/utility, pacey,gut runner, hard at it, goal kicker..probably starts as a wing/half forward/half back at AFL level before transitioning into the midfield when he bulks up some.

#64 on SANFL League debut for West against the Crows team stacked with AFL listed players. Averaged 18 disposals @ 89%DE across his 4 SANFL League games, 27 disposals his only reserves game, 5 clearances 78%DE, averages 31 disposals across his 6 U18 games 7.3 clearances at 89%DE

Mid/utility, pacey,gut runner, hard at it, goal kicker..probably starts as a wing/half forward/half back at AFL level before transitioning into the midfield when he bulks up some.

#64 on SANFL League debut for West against the Crows team stacked with AFL listed players. Averaged 18 disposals @ 89%DE across his 4 SANFL League games, 27 disposals his only reserves game, 5 clearances 78%DE, averages 31 disposals across his 6 U18 games 7.3 clearances at 89%DE

What's the knock?

What's the knock?
I'm blowed if I know, he's 183 cm and 72kg already so it can't be size because he'll bulk up to around 80kg with a couple of preseasons. Like Soligo and Taylor he just footballs at a good level.

Wayne is correct. Under 16's is no guide to performance as an adult in the world of elite competition. None.

Wayne is correct. Under 16's is no guide to performance as an adult in the world of elite competition. None.
Agree - it’s not be all and end all but it can show where someone has come from

Clubs also use U16s champs footy to determine strengths of a future draft and help with future trades etc …. Eg if they think there will be lots of talented talls they then can commit to that draft if they’re after a tall

So it is useful if not final

Yeah and he's shown nothing?

Rachele has the skills, speed, evasiveness, hardness and footy smarts to play any position/role on the ground that the club chooses to other than Key Position or Ruck.

Was it the Pies game at the MCG that Josh spent some time in the midfield in the last quarter after Sloane, Crouch and Laird couldn't get the job done? From memory, in his second game of footy he was pretty solid pinch hitting in the middle.

Has the game to play as an AFL MID and should work in tandem with Rankine from 2023 onwards.

Get excited Crows fam.

Would say it's somewhere in between - can show that a prospect has the capability to play and develop into a more prominent role (if used differently prior to their U18 year), but is by no means a definitive indicator

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft Discussion

Back