• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just last week he obliterated all of West Adelaide's Alex Curtis, Tom Scully and Harry Lemmey who all had a crack at him.

Curtis hasn’t played all year and was his first ever game at that level. Scully and Lemmey aren’t rucks. Barnett was playing league? I agree verrall is just as much of a genuine prospect as Barnett but not a great highlight to point out.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Curtis hasn’t played all year and was his first ever game at that level. Scully and Lemmey aren’t rucks. Barnett was playing league? I agree verrall is just as much of a genuine prospect as Barnett but not a great highlight to point out.

Scully played plenty of ruck last year so it's not as though he's new to the ruck...He's also got a couple of inches on Verrall height wise.

What's the thinking on Phillipou? Would we be making a mistake using our first rounder on Rankine and missing out on him? Seems to be more of a need and pretty impressive for a bottom ager.

That question ultimately depends on Rankine. Get the player living up to the potential we think he has, and we don't regret Phillipou.

I think we will as well. He's borderline elite now.

Quite a few suffer serious injuries between under 16s and u18's Baldwin, Hollands, Bytel, King are just a few
Majority of SA mids seem to fall away so there's something seriously wrong with our pathway and anyone tied to us as a f/s or academy might as well give up because they all turn to bog average. Tyler Welsh will be interesting.

u16-aa-team.jpg

Cm0SrEdUIAAulBR
66902464_1147627405444367_8541366204168667136_n.jpg

Athletic South Adelaide Ruck prospect Will Verrall really starting to dominate now he's getting up to full fitness again 21 Disposals, 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 7 marks (2 contested), 36 Hit outs, 9 clearances, 6 i50's, 2 50's;

Seemingly forgotten South Adelaide mid/forward prospect Jaiden Magor who last played in May due to a foot/ankle imjury back with a bang kicking 5 goals stationed up forward.

In other news Pick 1 contender George Wardlaw returned to school football today from a long hiatus due to a hamstring injury, lasted only a few minutes before blowing his hammy again.....Probably done for the season now you'd think and almost certain to not be available for the Nationals decider on Grand Final day.

A Hamish special perhaps? :p

With no NAB League games this weekend Tassie Devils youngster Seth Campbell stepped up to TSL Senior State level for North Launie with a bag of 10 goals... with a 29/12/2004 birthday he only scrapes into this year's draft by 2 days or he'd be 2023 eligible. Having a stellar season with the Tassie Devils NAB League team and played good footy for the Allies in the Nationals..

r154_0_3847_2462_w4000_h2667_fmax.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So which of you guys actually watches junior footy? Are people going to games or is there a place to watch a stream? I just see the draft highlight videos and walk away thinking everybody is a gun and we should pick all of them. :$
NAB League app is free, SANFL digital pass isn't free but worth the money, AFL site streams U18's Nationals. Cluch TV free to join streams some junior content, currently watching the U17's game there between Vic Metro and Qld.

NAB League app is free, SANFL digital pass isn't free but worth the money, AFL site streams U18's Nationals. Cluch TV free to join streams some junior content, currently watching the U17's game there between Vic Metro and Qld.

Got any thoughts on Cam McKenzie? Feel like he would be in the mix at our first if we hold on to it.

Got any thoughts on Cam McKenzie? Feel like he would be in the mix at our first if we hold on to it.
No doubt he'd be in consideration but them beachside Vic Metro lads are a worry when it comes to retention, also he's come through the Saints NGA program and has trained with the senior group there so there's that as well.

No doubt he'd be in consideration but them beachside Vic Metro lads are a worry when it comes to retention, also he's come through the Saints NGA program and has trained with the senior group there so there's that as well.
Agree he would be great for us but if we use our 1st round pick to get Rankine then we aren't getting him, or any top mid prospect, which would be an odd decision.
Pick you up on including this lad in your "beachside" theory. His parents are from South Africa & Canada, he was born in London, lived in Sydney, then Melbourne, then France, & back to Melbourne. Take it from someone with a similar history, he is the least likely interstate lad to run home to his parents. In that sort of family environment kids are raised with broader horizons than most.

Agree he would be great for us but if we use our 1st round pick to get Rankine then we aren't getting him, or any top mid prospect, which would be an odd decision.
Pick you up on including this lad in your "beachside" theory. His parents are from South Africa & Canada, he was born in London, lived in Sydney, then Melbourne, then France, & back to Melbourne. Take it from someone with a similar history, he is the least likely interstate lad to run home to his parents. In that sort of family environment kids are raised with broader horizons than most.
We'll see if he gets drafted interstate I guess...

Athletic South Adelaide Ruck prospect Will Verrall really starting to dominate now he's getting up to full fitness again 21 Disposals, 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 7 marks (2 contested), 36 Hit outs, 9 clearances, 6 i50's, 2 50's;

Seemingly forgotten South Adelaide mid/forward prospect Jaiden Magor who last played in May due to a foot/ankle imjury back with a bang kicking 5 goals stationed up forward.

Like to see Verrall rested for the rest of the year. Was hoping we may pick him up late or even as a rookie the way his season was panning out

Is there a rule which mandates drafting players. For example, if a team traded in players using all their draft picks.

I understand the senior list must turnover by three each year but is the draft compulsory in doing that?

Is there a rule which mandates drafting players. For example, if a team traded in players using all their draft picks.

I understand the senior list must turnover by three each year but is the draft compulsory in doing that?
You would just have picks in the 70's or 80's you could even upgrade a rookie or two

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft Discussion

Back