• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would say it's somewhere in between - can show that a prospect has the capability to play and develop into a more prominent role (if used differently prior to their U18 year), but is by no means a definitive indicator
Go back and look at the U16's All Australian teams and M.V.P's for the Carnival and each individual team, a very good percentage of them get drafted and most of the stars of today were in those teams.

Would say it's somewhere in between - can show that a prospect has the capability to play and develop into a more prominent role (if used differently prior to their U18 year), but is by no means a definitive indicator
Mate ....these draft watchers can't even get player predictions right at the start of their U18 year

Just shaking my head on this video ......watches 6 games of U18 early season on Lemmy & Skully & puts them in his Top 5 .....they then have 3-4 bad games, and not only drop out of the first round, but says "hopefully" they get picked at all ....should he says

So....I LMHO with these guys ......are they picking on talent or on form .....it seems to me, they believe form dictates the level of talent, their talent is ebbing & flowing??? .... BS !

So using U16 form is ridiculous

Have a look at how many 1st round picks he's changed his mind on .....and he's not Robinson Caruso ....you only need look from the Championships

Go back and look at the U16's All Australian teams and M.V.P's for the Carnival and each individual team, a very good percentage of them get drafted and most of the stars of today were in those teams.
What % ? .....and I'd suggest the predicted Draft position is very different

Of course you'd expect the top U16's to get drafted somewhere in the top 65 players .....but over the years, there have been highly publicised ommissions ..... Jonty Scharenberg ?

What % ? .....and I'd suggest the predicted Draft position is very different

Of course you'd expect the top U16's to get drafted somewhere in the top 65 players .....but over the years, there have been highly publicised ommissions ..... Jonty Scharenberg ?
Google is your friend...not hard the info's out there.

Mate ....these draft watchers can't even get player predictions right at the start of their U18 year

Just shaking my head on this video ......watches 6 games of U18 early season on Lemmy & Skully & puts them in his Top 5 .....they then have 3-4 bad games, and not only drop out of the first round, but says "hopefully" they get picked at all ....should he says

So....I LMHO with these guys ......are they picking on talent or on form .....it seems to me, they believe form dictates the level of talent, their talent is ebbing & flowing??? .... BS !

So using U16 form is ridiculous

Have a look at how many 1st round picks he's changed his mind on .....and he's not Robinson Caruso ....you only need look from the Championships

The truth is in the middle I guess , it’s useful but far from final

Also - that’s not a recruiter talking , that’s a guy that rates Casey Voss at pick 16 currently

The truth is in the middle I guess , it’s useful but far from final

Also - that’s not a recruiter talking , that’s a guy that rates Casey Voss at pick 16 currently
You're being way way too kind in this instance...

SANFL players invited to 2022 AFL National Draft Combine​

Player SANFL Club
Harry Barnett West Adelaide
Adam D'Aloia Woodville-West Torrens
Billy Dowling North Adelaide
Phoenix Foster Norwood
Isaac Keeler North Adelaide
Harry Lemmey West Adelaide
Jaiden Magor South Adelaide
Max Michalanney Norwood
Anthony Munkara West Adelaide
Mattaes Phillipou Woodville-West Torrens
Jakob Ryan Glenelg
Nick Sadler Sturt
Tom Scully West Adelaide
Will Verrall South Adelaide

TOP-10 BOLTER TURNS HEADS

GIPPSLAND Power captain Bailey Humphrey looks set to be this year's draft bolter, with the talented forward/midfielder storming into top-10 contention.

Humphrey started his season in strong form, booting three goals in round one and four in round three of the NAB League season, but missed the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships with a knee injury.

He returned in round 14 after six weeks out with a best-on-ground performance against the Northern Knights, kicking 4.5 from 31 disposals and 12 marks.

The 185cm talent started Sunday's Power clash in a similar vein, kicking 1.3 in the first term in a dominant display. He finished with 1.4 from 16 disposals but was off the field for much of the second half after receiving a knock to the head.

luCNUROK.jpg

Recruiters are excited by Humphrey's power and explosiveness, with the 17-year-old showing exciting traits in the forward line as well as through the midfield. He will likely line up for Vic Country in the carnival decider against Vic Metro in Grand Final week.

He could have a similar rise to Clayton Oliver, who didn't feature in Vic Country's mid-year carnival but stormed into clubs' thoughts as a top-10 selection with a strong back half of the season before Melbourne drafted him with pick No.4 in 2015.

GIPPSLAND Power captain Bailey Humphrey looks set to be this year's draft bolter, with the talented forward/midfielder storming into top-10 contention.

Humphrey started his season in strong form, booting three goals in round one and four in round three of the NAB League season, but missed the NAB AFL Under-18 Championships with a knee injury.

He returned in round 14 after six weeks out with a best-on-ground performance against the Northern Knights, kicking 4.5 from 31 disposals and 12 marks.

The 185cm talent started Sunday's Power clash in a similar vein, kicking 1.3 in the first term in a dominant display. He finished with 1.4 from 16 disposals but was off the field for much of the second half after receiving a knock to the head.

luCNUROK.jpg

Recruiters are excited by Humphrey's power and explosiveness, with the 17-year-old showing exciting traits in the forward line as well as through the midfield. He will likely line up for Vic Country in the carnival decider against Vic Metro in Grand Final week.

He could have a similar rise to Clayton Oliver, who didn't feature in Vic Country's mid-year carnival but stormed into clubs' thoughts as a top-10 selection with a strong back half of the season before Melbourne drafted him with pick No.4 in 2015.

Looks like his goalkicking needs work.

luCNUROK.jpg

Hardly a bolter, highly rated coming into the season and on fire in the early rounds of the NAB League until a torn meniscus ligament in his knee saw him miss 3 months of footy and out of contention for Vic Country at the Championships otherwise he'd have been a starting mid for VC.

Not really even similar circumstances to Clayton Oliver, it was all down to the torn meniscus ligament in his knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SANFL players invited to 2022 AFL National Draft Combine​

Player SANFL Club
Harry Barnett West Adelaide
Adam D'Aloia Woodville-West Torrens
Billy Dowling North Adelaide
Phoenix Foster Norwood
Isaac Keeler North Adelaide
Harry Lemmey West Adelaide
Jaiden Magor South Adelaide
Max Michalanney Norwood
Anthony Munkara West Adelaide
Mattaes Phillipou Woodville-West Torrens
Jakob Ryan Glenelg
Nick Sadler Sturt
Tom Scully West Adelaide
Will Verrall South Adelaide
Hope we can get Verrall late / rookie

Verrall looks to have a fair bit of upside after being injured early.
I'd still like us to spend a bit more capital on a ruckman than just a rookie pick all the time.
I like Harry Bennett, I think he has potential to be a good player and is quite athletic
Would not surprise me one bit if Verrall ends up better than Barnett and will come a bit cheaper

Verrall looks to have a fair bit of upside after being injured early.
I'd still like us to spend a bit more capital on a ruckman than just a rookie pick all the time.
I like Harry Bennett, I think he has potential to be a good player and is quite athletic
Yeah, but Verrall is 18 the same as Barnett and certainly more athletic with a better leap....plays like a mid when the ball hits the deck too, only knock is his field kicking needs a bit of work. I think barring groin issues that saw him have a managed pre-season and a late start to the season then missing a couple of games once back playing with niggles he'd likely have played all Nationals games instead of just coming in for the last game.

When he did resume he played forward until he got some match fitness and only moved back to rucking just prior to the Nationals...since the Nationals Will has absolutely dominated oppo rucks, just last week he obliterated all of West Adelaide's Alex Curtis, Tom Scully and Harry Lemmey who all had a crack at him.

I don’t agree with this, I feel Barnett moves far better at ground level than Verrall. Leap might be similar for both would like to see the testing on that.
I'm for playing Barnett as a KPD at AFL level .....your thoughts ?

Yeah and he's shown nothing?

Rachele has the skills, speed, evasiveness, hardness and footy smarts to play any position/role on the ground that the club chooses to other than Key Position or Ruck.
Yeah I thought we all liked the bits he showed when he play on the ball for brief moments early this year

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 AFL Draft Discussion

Back