List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how we fulfil our salary cap with our list.

Disappointing we couldn't get Grundy for pick 32 - I would have been happy to pay 80% of his $1million a year salary.

Looking at free agents in 2023 absolutely no one expect Crisp, Parish, Walters Fyfe, and May would be worth pursuing.
Pay forward some existing contracts and play the kids. That's all there is left.

Sorry to spam, but it think it’s one of those circumstances where the value he holds with you guys is more than what we should pay. Respectfully of course, same with us when there were flutterings about Zurhaar to us he’s worth a high first in terms of what we’d need to use to replace him but I doubt we’d get that
Melb was asking for a 2x top 10 for Jackson and settled for pick 13 + F1st + F2nd.

So anything is possible 🤷🏼‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets see how desperate they get with Clark.

Worst case is we keep Clark which is mighty fine by me
Same. Obviously I go to the footy in the hope that St Kilda wins but I also want to watch players do amazing things and be entertained. And Clark is the type player that creates anticipation for me before the games.
I'll be glad if he stays.

Do we put a $1.2mil x 1 year contract in front of Dunkley and try and take him in the PSD?
Gives us a year to convince him to stay, but if he chooses to go we have the ability to trade him in 12 months time.

That’s genius. Just ask him to sign again at 26, (in 23) for another 4 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hm I don't like the look of this

View attachment 1533491

I don't mind him as a top up. He looks like a great club man now that he's an old guy. Not a bad guy to protect the kids playing at Sandy. He's got a bit of the Aaron Hammills about him. If he's best 22 every week it probably shows how far back we are.

If Tanner Bruhn is worth pick 18 surly Hunter is worth a better pick without the need to add something along with it. We need put our big boy pants on and say that 9 is not on the table.
Would people be happier with Tsatas/Sheezel or Mackenzie and Busslinger?

200.gif
McKenzie and Humphrys

This.

We are pulling our hair out here but fans of a few other clubs must be feeling pretty dour about what the new season is likely to bring.

Collingwood have paid $300k to push another bonafide star out the door in Grundy.

Gold Coast have given up Bowes & McKenzie to gain some salary cap relief and put Rankine on the plane to Adelaide.

North have traded two #1 picks for #2, 3 & something between 8 & 18.

West Coast have traded down from 3 to 8.

GWS have lost Hopper and Taranto and hung a ‘to a good home’ sign on Whitfield & Hayes.

Hawthorn have lost Gunston for a bag of chips and are likely to lose Mitchell and O’Meara for not much more.

The dogs are set to lose a genuine gun for pick 21 in a B&F winning year. Or they march him to the PSD.

We would be pulling each others hair out if any of those scenarios were being applied to us.

I don't mind what North have done. That top 3 is pretty hard to seperate other than needs and GWS want Cadman. Probably take the player they would have anyway plus another and get a pick in the teens next year. Get the picks right and it will be a huge opportunity.

Rankine is the only player GC will care about losing. They weren't playing a lot of those guys who were dragging their cap down.

Pay forward some existing contracts and play the kids. That's all there is left.

It's a bit hard to work out what the future planning is. I guess we'll find out next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we step backwards and finish bottom 6 for a few more years while drafting. The hard part will be keeping guys like Steele and Sinclair who probably don't play finals at the Saints in that period so would be seriously considering their future at that point.

That’s genius. Just ask him to sign again at 26, (in 23) for another 4 yrs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It makes too much sense for me.
We’ve got cap space, we need high-end talent & we need an elite mid who can go forward.
We sell it as a 12 month stop over for him and we won’t stand in his way if Brisbane is still his priority at the end of the 2023.
If he chooses to leave, we cash in and get some draft picks we otherwise wouldn’t have.
If he stays we have an out and out gun mid.

How they mighty have fallen

It will be interesting to watch how they do it. It looks like a North Melbourne rebuild rather than a top up. They do have a very Saints list with not much top end and they really need to fall over and draft hard at the top end of the draft to bring in their superstar players. If they do what Saints and North did and bring in spuds, it will be a long slow rebuild.

This.

We are pulling our hair out here but fans of a few other clubs must be feeling pretty dour about what the new season is likely to bring.

Collingwood have paid $300k to push another bonafide star out the door in Grundy.

Gold Coast have given up Bowes & McKenzie to gain some salary cap relief and put Rankine on the plane to Adelaide.

North have traded two #1 picks for #2, 3 & something between 8 & 18.

West Coast have traded down from 3 to 8.

GWS have lost Hopper and Taranto and hung a ‘to a good home’ sign on Whitfield & Hayes.

Hawthorn have lost Gunston for a bag of chips and are likely to lose Mitchell and O’Meara for not much more.

The dogs are set to lose a genuine gun for pick 21 in a B&F winning year. Or they march him to the PSD.

We would be pulling each others hair out if any of those scenarios were being applied to us.
We are an emotional club.
All our decisions are based on emotion and not for winning premierships.

We sign fringe players because we like them, instead of trading them to improve our team.
Geary should of never players on last year! He took a spot of a player we could of been developing, but emotion took over and we signed him up so he could have a farewell game, that ultimately didn’t happen.
Butler had done hardly anything all year and should of been dropped, Ratts coming out puffing chest “we are getting tough on players!” he has 1 good game and we sign him up. Even Ratts gets an extension. Lots of talk pre bye about him signing an extension then after the bye it goes quiet as we are losing games, as soon as we win one, beat Carlton, boom! He signs a 3 year deal.

It seems we base all our decisions on emotions, not what’s best for the club to win a premiership.

We are an emotional club.
All our decisions are based on emotion and not for winning premierships.

We sign fringe players because we like them, instead of trading them to improve our team.
Geary should of never players on last year! He took a spot of a player we could of been developing, but emotion took over and we signed him up so he could have a farewell game, that ultimately didn’t happen.
Butler had done hardly anything all year and should of been dropped, Ratts coming out puffing chest “we are getting tough on players!” he has 1 good game and we sign him up. Even Ratts gets an extension. Lots of talk pre bye about him signing an extension then after the bye it goes quiet as we are losing games, as soon as we win one, beat Carlton, boom! He signs a 3 year deal.

It seems we base all our decisions on emotions, not what’s best for the club to win a premiership.
If we are only signing a fringe player because we like them, why would you expect to get anything for them in a trade? Let alone get something good enough back to improve the team.

Geary getting 1 year on minimum wage didn't stop us from getting anyone last year. We brought in 6 draftees plus signed 2 players during the SPP period. We didn't miss out on bringing in any development options.

Butler was dropped during the season. He also didn't get a contract because of 1 good game. It was announced after his 4 goal haul against West Coast but contracts aren't negotiated, signed and announced within a 12 hour period post game. He got another 2 years because whether you want to accept it or not, he is a good small forward who excels at applying pressure and is in our best 22. Ratts also got an extension because he warranted one. Again, it was announced post the Carlton win but wasn't handed to him because of it.

Do we put a $1.2mil x 1 year contract in front of Dunkley and try and take him in the PSD?
Gives us a year to convince him to stay, but if he chooses to go we have the ability to trade him in 12 months time.
So if goes after a year we have paid him 1.2

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back