List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont agree on Ratts. From all accounts we gave him the extension based on the first 8-10 rounds but you don’t win s**t in July.

Should have waited until the end of the season and saw what he actually achieved (nothing by the way, he achieved nothing).

As it is the early extension worked out well because of the absolute s**t show of coaching merry go round and hawks investigation but it was pure dumb luck we missed out on that.
Giving an extension in the back half of a coaches 3rd year in charge is not an early extension.

No club waits until the end of the season the coaches contract expires to extended it. Not sure how many times it needs repeated that it doesn't work like that and it is a fantasy to expect a club to be able to do that.

Waiting for someone to take a big salary dump all over us. If we’ve got coin for de goey or Bing, surely there’s money in the kitty for a decent dump.
McCartney said this morning the Giants cap was in a good place now.

I can't see it happening

If they land O'Meara he said that Hawthorn would be paying a chunk of his salary too

Giving an extension in the back half of a coaches 3rd year in charge is not an early extension.

No club waits until the end of the season the coaches contract expires to extended it. Not sure how many times it needs repeated that it doesn't work like that and it is a fantasy to expect a club to be able to do that.
The "Ratts should have been signed later" talk is up there with the infamous members Zoom call that everyone has forgotten about but was apparently a huge moment in the clubs last few years, lol. There's actually some that think we could've waited until August to make a decision, there's kind of no point explaining it to them again and again.

Why on earth would you re sign a coach that has reached finals once in his three years?

Was someone clamoring for his signature? Woukd we have lost him if we waited until the end of the year? Woukd we have cared if we did?

You can argue it’s not traditionally early but it’s pretty ridiculous to suggest that he had earned it because we started well especially given how poorly we finished.

The "Ratts should have been signed later" talk is up there with the infamous members Zoom call that everyone has forgotten about but was apparently a huge moment in the clubs last few years, lol. There's actually some that think we could've waited until August to make a decision, there's kind of no point explaining it to them again and again.
The simple question is by September did Ratts deserve an extension?

I get why we did it and frankly I don’t really have an issue with it (the coaching market is pathetically thin) but we rewarded his performance at round 10 remind me what you get for being good at the bye week?

There's zero reason it can't work like that.

I don't care what other clubs do or what has been done in the past.

There is absolutely no reason we needed to extend him when we did. None. That's the simple fact of the matter.

Head over to the coaching thread, it's trade time

Hawks look like they are going down a similar path to us in 2012

Letting all their best players go for unders

Mitchell, O'Meara and Gunston for 2nd and 3rd rounders
Your mate will be lurking soon.

Need to throw some outlandish shit out there for him to bathe in.

…. I heard Max King for picks 2+3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yes, the infamous Zoom Chat PR exercise that people are outraged was a PR exercise.

Ah yes, the infamous Zoom Chat PR exercise that people are outraged was a PR exercise.
People were upset because it was amateur and their responses contradicted their actions 2 months later.

When you present to your members. They want honesty and answers.

We got excuses

If Hopper only netted the Giants the tigers future first round pick say 9-18.

I think we need to cash our chips and get rid of Clark. Hopper made the AA squad last year and Clark well enough has been said about him.

Even if Clark rips up the season he isn't going to get us more than Hopper. If he tanks then we are looking at a pick around 30's.

Give me Ports future 1st any day of the week!.

It's a bit hard to work out what the future planning is. I guess we'll find out next year. I wouldn't be surprised if we step backwards and finish bottom 6 for a few more years while drafting. The hard part will be keeping guys like Steele and Sinclair who probably don't play finals at the Saints in that period so would be seriously considering their future at that point.
Will be an interesting year.
We are pretty much playing the same cattle as this year. Significant changes in the coaching dept should see game plan change.
But if we continue this “game plan” and go to the bye 3-8 Ratts will be under the most pressure.

I think we need to cash our chips and get rid of Clark. Hopper made the AA squad last year and Clark well enough has been said about him.

Even if Clark rips up the season he isn't going to get us more than Hopper. If he tanks then we are looking at a pick around 30's.

Hopper got Giants a first and a second

They then gave them back a couple of shit picks they weren't going to use

Let’s say we take that port deal.

We have a weaker list in 2023.

Walsh stated our aim was finals. 7-8th on the ladder is believe is what they are targeting.

There is every chance a high end kid comes in and plays his role and contributes. Having nothing makes that harder.

People were upset because it was amateur and their responses contradicted their actions 2 months later.

We got excuses
I don't think there were any excuses. They said the boys were fit and then months later corrected that. That's not to say that at the time they didn't think the boys were fit enough, it just means after a larger sample size they realised they still needed to do more work.

We got excuses
We got what was what every organisation does in the same situation which is a managed PR exercise for them to dictate the message going out to members.

Nothing anyone can do if they outrage brigade set unrealistic exceptions for it to ensure they could rant about it later no matter the content.

The simple question is by September did Ratts deserve an extension?

I get why we did it and frankly I don’t really have an issue with it (the coaching market is pathetically thin) but we rewarded his performance at round 10 remind me what you get for being good at the bye week?
The decision wasn't made based on 10 rounds of football, I think most people know that.

Let’s say we take that port deal.

We have a weaker list in 2023.

Walsh stated our aim was finals. 7-8th on the ladder is believe is what they are targeting.

There is every chance a high end kid comes in and plays his role and contributes. Having nothing makes that harder.
Is Clark out a weaker list in 2023? he did close to nothing last year and we add Coff this year. I'd take the future 1st from Port for him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back