Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we didn’t try him for long on the wing thanks for confirming and even some of those games he may have spent some time on the wing but no way the whole game.

As for moving him to defence, that had nothing to do with not working on the wing, but more Nicks trying to stop the opposition scoring by using our best player in defence.

Interesting Nicks started 2023 in defence again, thankfully Dawson asked to be moved

In other news, George Kramer blames Climate change on Matthew Nicks. Finds Nicks was involved in the Port Arthur shooting massacre, and Covid has been traced back to a used tissue that fell behind Matthew Nicks couch.

Is it just me or does there feel like there is a distinct lack of Big Fish on the trade market in general this year?

For any team. Feels like this late in the season there should be rumours bouncing all over the place

Along with the seeming lack of interest in some of the "bigger" FA names in Doedee and Parish.

Seems Ben McKay is the only one there's any particular chase over.

In other news, George Kramer blames Climate change on Matthew Nicks. Finds Nicks was involved in the Port Arthur shooting massacre, and Covid has been traced back to a used tissue that fell behind Matthew Nicks couch.
In other news, Pilchard Adams runs to the defence of Matthew Nicks again. This time he tries humour which falls flat and is quite embarrassing.

The silliness of your post, if Nicks isn’t responsible for team selection who is?

Thoughts on a tall as the sub on the big expanse of Optus on a warm day?

Well, Nicks clearly played Dawson as an outside midfielder at the start of the 2022 season which was why we recruited him. He struggled so they played him at HB and then gave him other games as an outside midfielder through out the 2022 season and he was confident to move back in there against Port Power this year and now hasn't looked back.
Dawson struggled in his first game as it was his first game of the preseason. After that he did not struggle, it all came down to Nicks using him in defensive as he wanted to bolster the defence, to suggest otherwise is rewriting history and lacking in basic football knowledge.

Then this off-season Nicks trained Dawson less in the midfield than the previous year and he again stupidly started Dawson in defence. After 2 losses and being on the receiving end of a struggling midfield, Dawson requested a change, proved to be one of the best mids in the game, turned our season around and the irony is Nicks gets the credit for the revolutionary move.

In other news, Pilchard Adams runs to the defence of Matthew Nicks again. This time he tries humour which falls flat and is quite embarrassing.

The silliness of your post, if Nicks isn’t responsible for team selection who is?

Thoughts on a tall as the sub on the big expanse of Optus on a warm day?
TT as sub is definitely an interesting call. Not sure I'd call a 6pm start on a forecast maximum of 23 a 'warm day' though. I'd bet most of the crowd will be wearing jackets or jumpers.

Cause Doods ain't gonna be available for a lot of next year even if we do keep him and Murray is gonna be out all season most likely.

I don't think they're looking long term with any move they make, it's short term to get through next year. The draft isn't the solution to a short term structural issue, so you gotta find a guy like BZT to do it. Gonna be 25 to start next year, just hit 50 games experience, next year if we're lucky we can run Butts, Worrell, Hinge and Keane and not need to use the guy, but you still need a backup just in case.
Murray should be back by mid season in 2024, knee recos these days are closer to 9 month recovery timeframes, not 12. There is new science that shows the graft reaches full strength after 9 months, not 12.

Cause Doods ain't gonna be available for a lot of next year even if we do keep him and Murray is gonna be out all season most likely.

I don't think they're looking long term with any move they make, it's short term to get through next year. The draft isn't the solution to a short term structural issue, so you gotta find a guy like BZT to do it. Gonna be 25 to start next year, just hit 50 games experience, next year if we're lucky we can run Butts, Worrell, Hinge and Keane and not need to use the guy, but you still need a backup just in case.
Something like BZT that costs maybe a 3rd rounder is reasonable backup. Particularly if they think Borlase isn't good enough

Another defender, when we need a gun mid. Why haven’t we thrown a 6 year deal at Flanders?
A defender that won't cost a lot because we need one for next year at least.
Absolutely should be spending our top picks to get a mid though, agreed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawson struggled in his first game as it was his first game of the preseason. After that he did not struggle, it all came down to Nicks using him in defensive as he wanted to bolster the defence, to suggest otherwise is rewriting history and lacking in basic football knowledge.

Then this off-season Nicks trained Dawson less in the midfield than the previous year and he again stupidly started Dawson in defence. After 2 losses and being on the receiving end of a struggling midfield, Dawson requested a change, proved to be one of the best mids in the game, turned our season around and the irony is Nicks gets the credit for the revolutionary move.
I don't recall him as influential in the first 4 weeks of 2022 playing as an outside midfielder and our inexperience defense was struggling so logically you would send Dawson back there.

Are you sure it was covid that was found in that used tissue behind the couch ?

Something like BZT that costs maybe a 3rd rounder is reasonable backup. Particularly if they think Borlase isn't good enough
Except BZT is not a KPD ....this is why ESS are scouring the land for KPD's

BZT is more in your Worrell type player ....more the 3rd tall

Except BZT is not a KPD ....this is why ESS are scouring the land for KPD's

BZT is more in your Worrell type player ....more the 3rd tall
Well I will admit that I am not across Essendon defenders, but assuming you are correct, it would be a weird acquisition then.

Not an uber exciting one, but was told Brandon Zerk-Thatcher will request a trade to us.

Maybe why we went softer on a deal with Doods.

If what I just heard from someone at work is true, do not want

He told his Giant opponent last week to not stress cos he isn't trying

Bombers also talking about the post-season trip during the game as well

If what I just heard from someone at work is true, do not want

He told his Giant opponent last week to not stress cos he isn't trying

Bombers also talking about the post-season trip during the game as well
Nah that has to be fibs, otherwise it’s gotta count as blatant tanking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back